pav 05-Aug-20
Charlie Rehor 05-Aug-20
Willieboat 05-Aug-20
bowhunter24 06-Aug-20
Chief 419 06-Aug-20
Jaquomo 07-Aug-20
scentman 07-Aug-20
04-Aug-20
Pat- lets kick that coronavirus article off the home page. Elk season is almost here. How about we get back to what it’s all about and put that interview you did with Big Dan up instead? Would be fun to hear his voice and more beneficial than covid stuff. Used to always have something elk related come up right about now. Let’s kick it off right!

05-Aug-20

Medicinemann's Link

05-Aug-20
Awesome!!!!

Dan was the “elk whisperer!!!”

Can’t wait to give it another listen!

Thanks Jake!

Mark

05-Aug-20
Thanks Jake. Man that was a great interview. Big Dan was a killer.

05-Aug-20
I'm going to throw a hoochie momma into a canyon this September in honor of Big Dan!

05-Aug-20
BRING IT BACK!!! That interview got me into elk hunting! And because of Big Dan I’ve killed elk and made some great friends!!! RIP BD!

05-Aug-20

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Great interview and yes he is sorely missed RIP buddy Lewis

05-Aug-20
When I drew my Breaks tag in 2017, Dan insisted I leave the tent at home and stay with him at the cabin. Learned alot from Dan over the years....and he learned on that trip that I make a mean boneless grilled tenderloin. (Dan always told me pork off the bone wasn't worth eating). He also was very insistent that I pursue a future black bear hunt in Alaska. Next in line to elk anywhere...I believe bowhunting Alaskan black bear was a favorite of Dan's.

Last year, such a hunt kind of fell in my lap. I actually learned of Dan's passing the day I left for Alaska. Thought alot about Dan on that trip. Literally, the last ten minutes of the hunt, I killed a P&Y bear in an area that doesn't produce many P&Y bears. I'm thinking Bigdan had a hand in that one. Thanks buddy....rest in peace.

05-Aug-20
His son’s passing a few years before he did took a lot out of him as well. What a positive person.

Certain people are “one of a kind” and that was Dan. RIP

05-Aug-20
Truly one of the greatest archery elk hunters ever !!! RIP Danny

06-Aug-20
Count me in on Dan as well. He made a lasting impression in St. Louis and thru Bowsite so much so that I drove from MO to Montana to get one of his mounts. Collected a mule deer just short of getting there!

06-Aug-20
It took me 5 years to draw a Unit 410 tag in the Breaks. Dan offerd encouragement & advice every year that I was unsuccessful. I never met him, but I'll never forget his willingness to help. Great man who touched the lives of others. RIP Dan.

07-Aug-20

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Not much more to add. I was honored to call him a friend. Killed my elk and muley last year with BigDan and 114 (Kelly Harris) arrows. Hope to again this year, except adding cityhunter to the third fletch.

07-Aug-20
I truly believe " Big Dan" was the most respected person on Bowsite.. Pat, that say's a bunch what this site means to a whole lot of us... good job!

• Sitka Gear