Norseman 24-Aug-20
Darrell 01-Sep-20
butcherboy 01-Sep-20
midwest 02-Sep-20
elkmtngear 02-Sep-20
LINK 13-Sep-20
butcherboy 13-Sep-20
06-Aug-20
Looks like a 14 day hunt just turned into a 28 day hunt for many. That's not going to work for alot of folks! Glad I didn't draw this year I suppose. I've been concerned with this over the summer and who will follow with similar mandates.

06-Aug-20
I think you're going to have a lot of people breaking that law and just going and hunting.

06-Aug-20
If I had a license I'd simply drive to camp where I'd self-quarantine, and go hunt. Take enough supplies so as not to need to go back into town. The official stance is that they won't be randomly stopping people with out-of-state plates.

06-Aug-20
I think a lot of hunters aren't too worried about mandates that will be mostly unenforceable. Think about it. How will anyone know when people arrive to a different state, especially if they drive, or how long they've quarantined since they arrived? I'm not advocating that hunters ignore the mandates. But, the reality is most will, and there will be few ramifications when they do.

I'm expecting the hunting woods to be more crowded than ever in most places, based on what I've seen in the Colorado mountains this summer.

Matt

06-Aug-20
There is no way that is enforceable. Hundreds if not thousands of people drive into this state ( and most others states) from neighboring states every day to work. Are they going to quarantine. Seriously.

06-Aug-20
I'll bet the local Store/gas Station nearest the area I'm going, is as choked up with out-of-State rigs getting supplies as ever...and none of them, or the Store Owner and workers, will give a rat's ass about Covid restrictions!

Just a prediction...

06-Aug-20
just tell the governor you are there to protest and they will give you whatever you want.

06-Aug-20
Sky is falling! Pfft

06-Aug-20
The Mescalero and Navajo res are locked down. Everything on the res is Indian resident only and then there are some big restrictions on the locals. The only streets that are open to the public are US highways but you can’t exit. Inn of the Mountain Gods is shut down. As far as their hunts this year I haven’t heard.

06-Aug-20
At least New York doesn't have good elk hunting with the random checkpoints looking for people from out of state.

06-Aug-20
Am I missing some kind of announcement? You quarantine for the shorter of 14 days or the duration of your stay. So I get to my hunting spot and I leave when the hunt is over. End of story.

06-Aug-20
I have a tag for this Fall and visited the area in July. Went to Hotel, checked in, hiked, fished and toured the area for 10 days, then drove home. Plan on heading back a few days before the season opens and setting up camp and staying there until the season ends. No change of plans for me and I prefer that all other hunters social distance from where I will be hunting by 10 miles or more ;-)

06-Aug-20
KRQE To ensure compliance, the governor has requested that hotels “police guests and not book out of state residents unless they’re here for more than 14 days” or passing through the state and stopping for only one night. However, many hunters forego hotels and camp or stay on private ranches.

Note: there is an exception to this according to the New Mexico Council Of Outfitters and Guides (NMCOG). Anyone who is "contracted by an essential business" and because "all outfitter clientele is, by statute, required to be contacted by the business and because under the current NM Public Health Order outfitters are clearly labeled as essential as businesses that provide "fresh meat", "food cultivation", and food related logistics... NMCOG is confident that any client who is properly contracted with a legal NM outfitter is exempt from the 14-day quarantine."

06-Aug-20
Man , so much hype about this everywhere. Laws are passed in legislation, and right now it may not seem like it but last I checked this is America! Just go about your business stop bringing it up and enjoy your hunt. This stupid cow we have for a governor can mooo all she wants.

06-Aug-20
Damn! The Outfitters certainly have a lot of pull!

06-Aug-20
IDK splitlimb13 from what I’ve been seeing I’m not sure it still is....It’s easy for residents not to worry but some guys are coming from a long ways away, spending a lot of time and money and it is a big deal. I’d worry about it too if I didn’t live in NM. Good luck this season !!

06-Aug-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here's the answer

06-Aug-20
The only way the season won’t happen is if the game and fish Cancel the season. And they certainly won’t cancel it just for nonresidents. Too much money at stake.

06-Aug-20
"I'm not advocating that hunters ignore the mandates."

I will. It's stupid and the "governor" full well knows it. All it is is a CYA so if there is a "flare up", the instructuon was given and you [out-of-staters] are to blame.

06-Aug-20
My group is going and so is my friend who drew a bear tag with a major NM outfitter that told him to come anyway. They gladly took our money over the phone for antelope tags. We're staying in a hundred year old ranch house in the middle of 5,000 acres 20 miles from town. Taking all our groceries so we don't have to go to town.

06-Aug-20
Let's all shelter in place. The sky is falling. Pain is leverage in an election year. Everything needs to be viewed through the political prism this year. Vote accordingly.

06-Aug-20
The Governors new Executive Order 8/6/2020...... She’s getting pretty serious about it. There is a part in there that says if you don’t self quarantine the State will put you in quarantine involuntarily..........BLM can riot in ABQ but that’s about all she agrees with.

Michelle Lujan Grisham Governor State of New Mexico EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-056 AMENDED ORDER DIRECTING INDIVIDUALS TRAVELING TO NEW MEXICO TO SELF-ISOLATE OR SELF-QUARANTINE FOR A LIMITED PERIOD AND DIRECTING THE NEW MEXICO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH TO INITIATE LAWFUL ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE PROCEEDINGS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT SELF-ISOLATE OR SELF-QUARANTINE WHEREAS, on March 11, 2020, Executive Order 2020-004 declared a statewide public health emergency pursuant to the Public Health Emergency Response Act and invoked gubernatorial powers under the All Hazard Emergency Management Act. See Order Declaring A State of Public Health Emergency and Invoking the Powers Provided by the All Hazard Emergency Management Act and the Emergency Licensing Act, Executive Order 2020-004. That Order is incorporated by reference herein. WHEREAS, despite the best efforts of our State and local governments and the citizens of New Mexico, COVID-19 has continued to spread and ongoing efforts are still necessary to mitigate and contain the spread of COVID-19; WHEREAS, many of the current confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in New Mexico have resulted from interstate and international travel to New Mexico. Because some individuals infected with COVID-19 are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms, travelers may be unaware they are carrying the virus. For this reason, persons arriving in New Mexico from out of state must self-isolate for a period of time sufficient to ensure that the public health and safety is not jeopardized. State Capitol • Room 400 • Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 • 505-476-2200

WHEREAS, the All Hazards Emergency Management Act vests my office with the authority to take all actions necessary to protect the public health, safety and welfare and to direct State agencies to provide aid during an emergency response. NMSA 1978, § 12-10-4(B)(3); NMSA 1978, § 12-10-10(A). WHEREAS, during a declared state of public health emergency, the Public Health Emergency Response Act authorizes the New Mexico Department of Health to isolate or quarantine individuals or groups as necessary to prevent or limit the spread of a threatening communicable disease, subject to certain statutory procedures. See NMSA 1978, §§ 12-10A-7 to -11. THEREFORE, for the reasons set forth above, I, Michelle Lujan Grisham, Governor of the State of New Mexico, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of New Mexico, hereby order and direct as follows: 1. I direct that all persons who have arrived in New Mexico from a location outside of the State must self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days from the date of their entry into the State of New Mexico or for the duration of their presence in the State, whichever is shorter. 2. The terms “self-isolate” or “self-quarantine” refer to the voluntary physical separation of a person or group of people in a residence or other place of lodging. Any person who is self-isolating or self-quarantining may only leave a residence or place of lodging to receive medical care and should not allow others into the residence or place of lodging except for those providing medical care, emergency response, or other individuals designated by the New Mexico Department of Health. Family or household members may visit an isolated or quarantined person, but those visitors are directed to then self-isolate or self-quarantine for a period of no less than 14 Executive Order 2020-056 Page 2 State Capitol • Room 400 • Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 • 505-476-2200

days. All persons self-isolating or self-quarantining shall be responsible for all costs associated with the isolation or quarantine. 3. This Order’s direction to self-quarantine does not apply to persons employed by airlines, those performing public safety or public health functions, military personnel and their dependents, federal employees, those employed by a federal agency or national defense contractor, emergency first responders, health care workers, New Mexico residents who have left the State to obtain medical care, New Mexico residents who have left the State for less than twenty-four hours for matters attendant to parenting responsibilities, those arriving in the State pursuant to a Court order, and persons who are employed or contracted by an “essential business”, as defined by the operative public health order addressing mass gathering restrictions and business closures, and who are traveling into New Mexico to conduct business activities. 4. Any New Mexico resident leaving the State for vacation or other leisure activities must quarantine upon returning to the State. New Mexico residents quarantining pursuant to this provision will not be eligible for paid sick leave pursuant to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. 5. Individuals who do not comply with the self-isolation and self-quarantine directives set forth above shall be subject to involuntary isolation or quarantine by the New Mexico Department of Health under the Public Health Emergency Response Act. 6. I further direct the New Mexico Department of Health, with the cooperation and assistance of all other executive agencies, to take all necessary steps to ensure the screening and appropriate isolation and quarantine of individuals covered by this Order. This will include making temporary holds of individuals or groups, obtaining court orders requiring isolation or quarantine in compliance with the provisions of the Public Health Emergency Response Act, and Executive Order 2020-056 Page 3 State Capitol • Room 400 • Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 • 505-476-2200

06-Aug-20
"Am I missing some kind of announcement? You quarantine for the shorter of 14 days or the duration of your stay. So I get to my hunting spot and I leave when the hunt is over. End of story."

The order requires self-quaranting at a residence or lodging and the only permissible reason for leaving during that period is to receive medical care.

06-Aug-20
"Am I missing some kind of announcement? You quarantine for the shorter of 14 days or the duration of your stay. So I get to my hunting spot and I leave when the hunt is over. End of story."

The order requires self-quaranting at a residence or lodging and the only permissible reason for leaving during that period is to receive medical care.

06-Aug-20
Is every state doing this or just NM ?

Act. 5. Individuals who do not comply with the self-isolation and self-quarantine directives set forth above shall be subject to involuntary isolation or quarantine by the New Mexico Department of Health under the Public Health Emergency Response .

06-Aug-20
So you stay locked in a crappy motel room for 14 days and can't go out to get food? Or they force you to do it ("INITIATE LAWFUL ISOLATION")? I'm not sure being arrested from a hunting camp and sent to a motel would stand up in court...

06-Aug-20
I have gone to red river NM 2 times in three weeks more people from Oklahoma and Texas than from NM ! Grisham can kick rocks and the sheep who adhere to her " mandates" are as ignorant as her.

06-Aug-20
OK…..so I an out of state resident. If I pay cash at the pumps for my gasoline (or take several 5 gallon cans with me to minimize human interaction on the drive out west), how is anyone going to know when I arrived in the state?

06-Aug-20

Norseman 's Link
Breaking the order! ??

06-Aug-20
Back when Rob had hair!

These blue state orders are ridiculous.

06-Aug-20
Just go and have fun. Life is too short to let others ruin it.

06-Aug-20
Burden of proof is on the state for "lawful quarentine". Governor cannot deny due process and cannot suspend habeas corpus. Awfully hard to justify a hunter under contract with an outfitter is less contagious than a DIY hunter is. Both are engaging in business for the purpose of gaining a food resource.

If anyone is concerned about credit card tracking, by a preloaded Visa gift card to pay at the pump.

06-Aug-20
She is trying to scare everyone into being compliant sheep. There are not enough LEO’s here to enforce. County sheriff depts are not enforcing it. I see license plates from all over every time I go into town. They are in the stores shopping right beside me and no one even blinks an eye. Extremely hard to enforce when you live 20 minutes from the state line and people travel back and forth everyday.

The only thing I have heard is that tribal police aren’t allowing out of staters to stop on the Rez to fill up, eat, or buy groceries. Who would want to do that anyway? Lol

06-Aug-20
the dumbest thing about these quarantines is that if you are not sick its 14 days and if you test positive for covid 19 it is only 10 days, wtf.

06-Aug-20
The way these blue states are heading, they should be rolling out the red carpet for out of staters. “Land of Encampment”

06-Aug-20
Go hunt, it’s not enforceable.

07-Aug-20
So, we just finished up a youth antelope hunt last weekend. Yes, there were non residents on the hunt as were just regular people out camping with out of state license plates. We were checked by USFS law enforcement. He was not wearing a ridiculous mask.

Go hunt and act as normal, except wear the ridiculous mask if in town...

07-Aug-20
I've already paid my outfitter. I already have my license. I fill up my pickup at the last possible place in Texas and drive to the camp. After the hunt, I drive back to Texas, fill up again, and proceed home. I don't plan on stopping anywhere in the state except for the hunt. I won't be spending any money in the local N.M. economy except for what I have already paid.

That is the blue plan! Kill the economy, make the populace totally dependent on the government teat. Make your state (and country) so crappy that the voters will be clammoring for a new President. What a bunch of morons.

08-Aug-20
I have an off range Oryx tag in NM and let me officially right here and right declare I will abide by this wisdom being handed down by our overlords to follow this to the letter of the law...they are wiser than us...just ask them we should be more thankful they give out some of this wisdom or we would truly be lost

08-Aug-20
Just watched a funny parody about our state dictator based on a song from the Disney cartoon “Tangled”. It’s called “gov’nor knows best” I would post the link but I don’t know how to do that. Look it up for a good laugh or maybe someone could post the link here.

08-Aug-20

HDE's Link
Enjoy...

08-Aug-20

JL's Link
That NM gov sounds like the MI gov....and she maybe the future VP.

Sit tight....folks might be wanting to run from New Mexico real soon.

A man in his 20s died of the plague in New Mexico's first reported death from the infection in years [INSIDER] [email protected] (Ellen Cranley) ,INSIDER•August 8, 2020

09-Aug-20
Why would anyone post online about their intent to break any law or to advise others on braking the law?

09-Aug-20
Spiral Horn...Because we are a free society and the “law” is ridiculous and unenforceable. Or it may be because the law was moving too fast (you might not get that one). I will be there this fall. Totally disregarding the nonsense.

09-Aug-20
I’m surprised they didn’t report it as new Covid symptoms and he died from Covid.

09-Aug-20
It's not a Law Spiral Horn. It's a more of a joke.

09-Aug-20
It's not a law. It's not a joke. It's a display for a complete lack of experience and leadership ability where you grasp at anything hoping it will stick, make sense, or work.

These "governors" performing these ridiculous mandates have no clue how the real world works. They also have never forgone a paycheck (MEchelle Wuhan Gruesome by the way is pulling down $500k per year) while they expect everyone else to make due without. And, they wonder why people are having such tough time with this. Talk about State Socialism...

09-Aug-20
Some of us are going to have it a little tougher. I have a on range oryx hunt and got a email stating masks are required for the initial check in and we are required to listen over our FM radio for the prehunt meeting. I have to date not wore a mask and if I was still a resident might eat the tag but not eating a $ 1600.00 NR tag

09-Aug-20
If you are with an outfitter no 14 day rule. Some may have said that already. I didn’t read every comment

10-Aug-20
You'd consider throwing away an oryx tag just to not have to wear a mask for 10 minutes? Wow.

10-Aug-20
Nowiser, completely agree. Wear the damn mask. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn’t. It’s not that big of a deal. Jesus...

10-Aug-20
^^^ Yup. Exactly.

10-Aug-20
I'd wager the mask thing in WSMR will be pretty lax...

Just wear a bandana, least then you'd look cool.

10-Aug-20
deserthunter- Bring along a camo bandana for check in. Odds are you won't have to wear it after checking in.

10-Aug-20
Just tell them you're an illegal immigrant, they will let you pass and moreover give you directions to the nearest Social Security office and Voter ID bureau . That way you can move about at will and apply for residency, lol

10-Aug-20
With respect to law or not. Did t trump declare a national emergency? Does that give more leeway to governors? Is it still in effect?

Just came back to WY from a visit to NH, flew i to Boston which has a similar thing. Didnt apply to us as we landed and headed to NH, but sort of expected to see someone checking ids when we got off the plane

The MA form says required but no way to enforce it

10-Aug-20
"Just tell them you're an illegal immigrant, they will let you pass and moreover give you directions to the nearest Social Security office and Voter ID bureau . That way you can move about at will and apply for residency, lol"

That's no lie...... Seriously

10-Aug-20

txhunter58's embedded Photo
txhunter58's embedded Photo
Desert hunter. The mask ain’t for your protection. It’s for those around you. So what you say by not wearing one is not “I am not worried about this Virus”

but “Screw you, I don’t care if you get this virus”

10-Aug-20
I would like to see the math/stats facts on how they came up with those percentages.

10-Aug-20
Wearing a cloth mask or a cloth bandanna isn’t going to help anymore than your underwear or pants holding a fart in!

10-Aug-20

Darrell's Link
Here is a great one. I don't think masks stop everything but I agree with Uncle Rob that they at least help. Whether you agree or not, you will enjoy the video. After all who doesn't like playing with a blow torch and starting fluid to very non scientifically prove a point.

10-Aug-20
Darrell that pretty much sums it up. Is it going to stop fart molecules? Of course not, but if you’ve ever seen a slow motion human sneeze you’ll agree that a mask is better than nothing. That’s it. Nobody can argue that NO mask is BETTER than a mask. So wear the damn mask when you go indoors. Or stay home.

10-Aug-20
For arguments sake...How about if you are that worried about your safety you stay home? What is next, MOPP level 4 required to leave your house? What happened to freedom.

10-Aug-20
Everyone realizes that within the next 18 months, this will be another "common cold" strain of coronaviruses, right...?

Masks are a feel good thing to keep "Karen" occupied. Nothing more, nothing less.

10-Aug-20
You go sand drywall for 30 minutes with a mask on and see what it looks like under your mask. I can see drywall dust in the air. Can you see the virus in the air ? It is all about seeing how far you blindly follow. Hey Darrel how, s going ?

10-Aug-20
You really don’t get it. Masks don’t keep things out, they keep thing in.

10-Aug-20
That’s pretty funny. Of course a mask will stop a stream of ether. My point is, if you can breathe oxygen in and out through a mask then you can breathe a virus in and out through a cloth mask as well. I don’t know anyone that would cough or sneeze directly into someone’s face either. Lol

The best mask to wear is an N95 or a full on respirator type. Also, I get a kick out of cloth mask wearers that wear it over their mouth but not their nose or hangs from their bottom lip then hurry and pull it up when they think they are being watched. Or how about touching products in a store with bare hands then putting them back on the shelf. Using the same bare hands to remove their mask then reusing the mask after they have touched the inside of it. If it’s not done properly it won’t make a difference. It’s all political at this point. Which Dem governor can ruin their state the most then blame Trump.

11-Aug-20
N95 masks have a flapper valve so your exhale goes straight out. Good for you but not for others. Same with respirators, half or full face.

Respirators were designed to keep YOU safe. So keep that in mind.

11-Aug-20
To those encouraging others to break the New Mexico public health travel restrictions, that's all well and good... but watch your faith claims.

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1-2.

You can willfully break the rule imposed by the recognized authority and encourage others to do so as well. But you cannot do that and claim good standing in Christian faith as well.

11-Aug-20
Well, that settles it then lovely. Let’s all go back to England and bow down to king George.

11-Aug-20
Lovely, your DNA appears to have a lot of sheep in it. Sounds like you would have gladly loaded in the boxcar and thrown your shoes into the pile before you walked into the gas chamber...after all, someone in a position of authority said that is what you must do. Keep your religion to yourself.

11-Aug-20
Norseman, you are correct about the N95 and respirator masks. I’m just mostly trying to point out that people are going crazy over this mask thing and how thinking that wearing a mask will solve the problem. I’m in the non wearing one club myself and only wear one if the store demands it. I have turned around and went somewhere else for my shopping.

11-Aug-20
I will be headed to NM with my mask. I do agree with many others that cloth masks may or may not work but its not a bother to me and if it helps great. N95 masks should help just not available to all unfortunately. Yes viruses are tiny but they need water droplets or water vapor to move about. A drop of vapor is much larger than the holes in a well fitted N95. Also not all N95 have the valve on them.

Good luck on your hunts and travels this year.

I do get a kick out of some of the way wear their masks. Some more like a chin strap.

11-Aug-20
For those who think masks don't help transfer germs- what do you think about surgeons and doctors who have been wearing masks for decades? What was the point of those masks? Would you go into surgery and ask the doctor to not wear a mask?

And for those who think it is useless similar to stopping a fart, have you ever checked your underwear (butt mask) and found some dark stains but still had clean pants? Seems like that extra layer sure did help restrain the liquid drops....

And FWIW- I hate these lockdowns and freedom infringements, think the masks are a nuisance but a tiny thing to do, masks are better than nothing as far as transmission is concerned, and I will wear wear if it helps keep the county open and moving forward. Its not that different from wearing shirts, pants, and shoes to go into a store.

11-Aug-20
Surgical masks are used more for the transmition of bacteria, not viruses.

As far as not recognizing authority by choosing to not wear a mandated mask and having judgment brought down on you is not what that means. Otherwise, tyranny prevails...

11-Aug-20
Alex, just curious (since you want to play the scripture card), will you submit to the Mark of the Beast if it ever comes to that?

11-Aug-20
You will be amazed at the sheep that will Jaquomo. I saw where it has been suggested that with out receiving vaccine that we could be banned from international travel.

11-Aug-20
Sheesh guys! The whole fart thing was a joke! Relax and laugh a little. For those that can’t tell, here’s another joke. “Don’t worry about kids peeing in the pool, they are wearing swimming suits!”

Wearing a mask isn’t necessarily a bad thing if needed. I don’t think they are needed as much as the media will lead you to believe. Causing people to lose their business, no public school, forcing quarantine on those that don’t need it, etc. I have issues with that.

My wife is an elementary school teacher. Lots of kids were out sick from before Thanksgiving to Christmas break. It wasn’t the flu and a lot of parents didn’t know what it was. All the kids came out fine like any other sickness long before the Covid freak out. Lots of kids never caught it. It was here long before it was sensationalized and people lived their lives.

11-Aug-20
Who would want to leave North America for anything anyways?

11-Aug-20
The guys that have canceled their hunts in NM that were going to hunt elk with a local outfitter canceled because their jobs said they had to quarantine when they returned and they said they couldn’t afford to do that. 5 hunters from 2 different states.

11-Aug-20

Darrell's Link
I personally will wear a mask wherever it helps others feel safer. If it actually helps them be safer from me, great but even if it doesn't, I'm OK with wearing a mask so they feel safer. I think masks help some but know they are not the answer.

I also personally agree we need to go back to living life. There is always the chance of catching a bug, even bugs that can kill you. We are human and cannot control life, death and sickness. However, I'm all for doing what we can to mitigate that, i.e. wearing masks at the grocery store, washing hands, keeping people out of densely packed crowds. However, the 95% of the rest of life needs to go on. Kids need school more for the social engagement than the learning. We all need human connection and shutting everything down is doing great damage to those connections. We all need to make a living and shutting things down is destroying the economy for many. We have flattened the curve. Time to let it run its course.

Saw a post from Mike Roe from July 22 that I think says it well. I included it on the clickable link. As he often does, Mike makes sense.

For now, I'm glad my elk tag has WY on it instead of NM. I think the "Gov'nor" video is spot on and hope NM's queen doesn't draw other Governors to join her in the madness. I doubt seriously WY would make that kind of jump but I also have to drive through a few other states to get there.

11-Aug-20
"Who would want to leave North America for anything anyways?"

Seems like a rather odd question to ask in this thread. Probably for much the same reason that a bunch of guys want to leave their home state to go to New Mexico.

11-Aug-20
It was in response to the statement: “with out receiving vaccine that we could be banned from international travel.”

11-Aug-20
I'd be careful about making statements and concessions about doing what makes others feel safe...

NM's "governor" is copycatting what others have, or are, already doing. Not one original thought has come from that office.

11-Aug-20
I understand, just thought it really odd to make that comment on a thread about guys who want to leave their home state for a specific purpose and are rationalizing about ignoring travel restrictions.

11-Aug-20
Keeping people out of densely packed crowds? Ok, fine. Tell that to our stupid “gov’nor” when she encouraged protests and rioting in Albuquerque then tells the rest of us we can’t go out to a local restaurant and eat in. How about if we don’t self quarantine then the state will force you to quarantine. Yeah, good luck with that. The only LE that would have to follow that would be the state police and there isn’t near enough of those guys to force anything on us. She really is a dimwit.

11-Aug-20
Thats a good post by Mike Rowe. I share a lot of those same feelings.

11-Aug-20
Current mandate is only through august 28th. We will see if it gets extended.

12-Aug-20
Burden of proof is on the state to force you into quarentine as there is no law for it...

12-Aug-20
"Nobody can argue that NO mask is BETTER than a mask." I certainly can...and so can the Duke University study that showed wearing a bandana-type mask is actually worse than no mask at all. Google it and educate yourself.

12-Aug-20
That being said, I proudly have not donned a mask in the entire Covid era...and I'm Covid-free and doing just fine, thank you. Masks are ghey and they don't work...period. Just keep a little distance and live your life without a face diaper.

12-Aug-20
That's why if I see someone with a bandana style mask is in a store I tend to walk away from them the same way if I see someone with no mask. Personal opinion. I am willing to bet though most people that don't wear masks live very rural areas and had very few cases in their area so to them its more of a nuisance than a concern. I understand that too and I would probably do the same.

So back to NM. Looks like the heavy rains that were in the area of south central NM have slowed down. Was that enough rain to get us through to September or do they need more?

12-Aug-20
You do realize people wear bandanas only because of the "mandate", right?

Proof, bandanas = no mask and still a decline in positivity rate and deaths per million...

12-Aug-20
In some places there was enough rain to put some water into tanks but not a lot. I was in my little zone a week ago and it was nice and green but water was still at a premium. I haven't seen anything in the forecast that says good rains are in the future, find the water and you'll find animals using it.

12-Aug-20
Elk assassin, a bandana isn’t a mask. Come on bro. There’s gotta be a spark up stairs somewhere... I’ll reiterate, nobody can argue that no mask, is better than a mask..not a bandana, not a mesh face covering, but a real mask. The question is how much. 1%? 80%? That’s where the argument begins.

I guess you could argue it, but it would be easy to identify the village idiot.

12-Aug-20
Thanks for the “Hunt Condition” info guys. Won’t be long now. My neck is swelling.

12-Aug-20
OOOOOOhhhh you better watch out Now yer silver haired queen...she thought she was a contender for the VP nod from Dingy Joe.....not even in the final mentioned...ohhhh a woman scorned!!!

13-Aug-20
She will take it out on us no doubt. Another excuse to show an abuse of power.

13-Aug-20
I agree with butcher boy. Corona was here in Oct/Nov and everyone was fine. I’m curious to be tested for antibodies. I had a cough that wouldn’t go away for 6-8 weeks and maybe some fevering in the fall. I attributed it to the rash of “pneumonia” in my daughters class. You take the funding ties away from corona death and illness and people would no longer be dying of it.

13-Aug-20
Queen Oompa Loompa is pining for a cabinet spot.

It's all good.

13-Aug-20
Link, so you are saying if funding was taken away, my grandpa would still be here today? Interesting theory.

13-Aug-20
I’m not going elk hunting. Although it took 11 years to draw my favorite unit. I have decided to stay home and braise my tag. To much stress and anxiety over all of this. This is my official statement.

13-Aug-20
HDE your right but see NM i s a little dink state so she has to do something extra crazy to get attention...to run with the lunatics you gotta prove your worthy

13-Aug-20
No wiser sorry for your loss. No doubt people are dying as people die every day. Im sure your grandpa died of corona. My point was that if you take away the funding you would hear of corona deaths in the same fashion as flu deaths. You certainly wouldn’t hear of teens having a motorcycle wreck and dying of Covid. I know it’s anecdotal but I’ve now heard of around 20 people that I know testing positive. Age ranges from 93 to 35. Only 2 of them felt any sort of symptom, the others were incidental testings. Not one of them even came close to a ventilator. Don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t think it’s worth shutting everything down because I know a guy on the internet that had a grandparent die.

13-Aug-20
I don't think everything should be shut down, either.

13-Aug-20
The funding relates to extra money given to a state/hospital because of a death directly related to the pandemic, not the funding for medical equipment or staffing.

Adventure - what the "governor" is doing is on par with the left wackos. Draconian health emergency measures and obliterating the fossil fuel industry. On Nov 4, if Trump is re-elected, the only thing going for her will be her own campaign in 2022. I also think one chamber of the state legislature will turn red and there are at least two state supreme court spots open for grabs. She will lose complete control and will be forced to settle down to normal levels of operation. I hope...

13-Aug-20
Right now that Governor is crying in her soup! She got her hair and nails done Bought jewelry All during the lockdown Why? Because she had delusions of grandeur That the Democrats we’re preparing her to be Biden’s pick for VP Nope! ?????? Now the little tyrant is on a hissy fit! She can go pound sand! LMAO AT HER!!!!

13-Aug-20
Norse.... LOL!, yur killin' me man...... heheheh... I lost all my guns in a boating accident too....

Pretty funny all this mask, no mask, lockdown, quarantine..... in some ways similar to the gun debate. The states with the highest crime/murder rate overwhelmingly seem to have the strictest gun laws.....

Do states with the strictest lockdown/mask rules have lower rates than those who are living freer lives and doing less? Such actions should stop the crap in it's tracks. Stats should be there to prove that out. Have a strong feeling they really don't play out like the stateists would like or those stats would be rubbed in your maskless face on an hourly basis. It's amazing to me how FEW real facts are publicized in all this mess. They seem to have no problems publicizing every move of their goalposts..... we're a couple football fields away from where they started.

What it DOES prove out is how many have taken up virtue signaling as an Olympic event and how compliant the general population is when they see everyone else doing something and want to join in.... well, right up until the unemployment and their $600 payments run out anyway......

I'd be hunting. And I'd have been there for two weeks earlier. Honest. Flippin' Karens.... heheheheh....

13-Aug-20

Matt's Link
'"Nobody can argue that NO mask is BETTER than a mask." I certainly can...and so can the Duke University study that showed wearing a bandana-type mask is actually worse than no mask at all. Google it and educate yourself.'

Haha, if you are going to get on your soap box and wax intellectual on the topic, you should at least have an understanding of what it is you claim to have read.

The study demonstrates that bandanas are better than no mask, cotton masks are better than bandanas and N95 masks are better than cotton masks.

There is a pretty color chart in the article so even folks who are reading comprehension-impaired can see the bandana (red) average relative droplet count is lower than the no mask (green) count.

What it says *might be* (not "are") worse than no mask are thin synthetic neck gaiter-style masks, and they make that claim due to the tendency of breaking up larger droplets which fall out of the air more quickly into smaller droplets which stay in the air longer. These are listed as "fleece" on the chart and show a higher droplet count than no mask.

13-Aug-20
How about just coughing/ sneezing into the crook of your elbow? Much less porous than a mask, actually possibly more effective at eliminating flying droplets.

Basic crap we learned in the Military decades ago to limit infections. At least as effective as wearing a cloth mask. But, I guess the general populace, is deemed to be unable to learn how to practice such simple precautions, by the fearmongering media, and its' puppets.

13-Aug-20
Biden just a bit ago called for NATIONAL mask mandate.... even outdoors. For everyone. Everywhere. All the time. It's the science. Honest. If not, you just want people to die, you racist science denier.....

No surprise.... it's the natural extension/extrapolation of the mask debate. And an official presidential campaign position, a promise. Remember, they promised.... just the tip.....

Or you can call BS. And several other acronyms that come to mind..... thoughts in my mind just turned the air blue.... maybe a sanitizing effect, who knows. Maybe the same disinfectant as protesting, looting, arson....

13-Aug-20
I will wear the mask because it is no big deal and part of my civil responsibility. I will not be controlled by a government whether it be national, state or local that tramples my constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I am going to do exactly what Ghandi and MLK jr. did. Practice Civil disobedience. When a country lets criminals, burn, loot, murder, injure and threaten with zero consequences or accountability then I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me where I can or can't go. I'm willing to go down for this one and some things in life are bigger than myself. F'm.

13-Aug-20
"Biden just a bit ago called for NATIONAL mask mandate.... even outdoors. For everyone. Everywhere. All the time. It's the science. Honest. If not, you just want people to die, you racist science denier....."

That is dumb. There are times and places where IMO masks are valuable (e.g. public spaces where you cannot distance), and there are times and places where you are simply not going to catch or transmit the disease so masks are not needed (e.g. passing someone on the sidewalk).

13-Aug-20
Wearing a mask as a civil responsibility is only because government told you it was.

A complete lack of accountability is what has created all of this and why the likes of biden and harris are now the dem party nominee.

Nothing will change because the vast majority of people are one paycheck away from bankruptcy...

13-Aug-20
I laugh every time I see someone wearing a mask and driving alone. Trump asked, rhetorically (a concept Dems can't comprehend) if people thought the China virus came in through the radio.

14-Aug-20
I agree Lou. Watching people riding bikes with a mask on, driving in a car by themselves, and hiking with nobody around crack me up. I don’t see anybody TRYING to force us to wear masks outside when we’re no packed like sardines. That would be counterproductive as people would start to rebel everywhere, including inside.

14-Aug-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

14-Aug-20
hahaha^

14-Aug-20
MLG is trying to force everyone to wear a mask outside. She even said you had to wear if you were outside jogging, hiking, etc. She is a couple of bubbles off level.

14-Aug-20
No Matt, the study showed that wearing bandana-type masks are WORSE than not wearing one at all. Get a grip man...you don't need a face diaper to survive this. Keep some distance and you'll be fine.

14-Aug-20
Matt, get over yourself. Masks are ghey...period.

14-Aug-20
"No Matt, the study showed that wearing bandana-type masks are WORSE than not wearing one at all."

You should read the study you are quoting. To save you the effort required to click on the link:

"For the bandana (red curve), the droplet rate is merely reduced by a factor of two and the repetitions of the speech are still noticeable. The effect of the cotton mask (orange curve) is much stronger."

"The neck fleece has a larger transmission (110%, see Fig. 3 (A)) than the control trial. We attribute this increase to the neck fleece dispersing larger droplets into several smaller droplets, therefore increasing the droplet count."

15-Aug-20
People doing these studies are working dilegently to justify their paychecks...

A bandana keeps you from looking dumb.

15-Aug-20
Agreed. How many lies have we been told about Covid. For goodness sakes the man himself Dr Fouchi doesn’t wear a mask unless he knows he’s going to be on camera. Of course he’s probably taking hydroxychloroquine.

15-Aug-20
^^^ article in the Journal of Virology speaks to the effectiveness of chloroquine for SARS-CoV-1. Real lab research being done to the level of effectiveness for version 2. Same Journal.

I'll take may chances with hydroxy and zinc supplements as opposed to the midevil equivalent of bleeding with a ventilator...

16-Aug-20
I work with 27 people in a tight office where social distancing is not possible (vet clinic). We all wear cotton face masks 100% of the time and all have multiple masks so we change daily while the other is laundered. We had a Covid case in a single worker with no transmission to others. Luck? Possibly. But I believe otherwise.

I dont wear a mask while driving, when at home, and dang sure not wearing one in the woods. Just use some common sense! But then I don’t live or hunt in NM ??

16-Aug-20
I have a cousin the rides to work and works every day with 4 other guys. One had Covid. The others didn’t catch it, no masks in use. Coincidence? Most likely

18-Aug-20

TD's Link
George Carlin called it years ago..... language warning..... but The Brooklyn Nostradamis nailed it.....

19-Aug-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
Masks don't work. 20 some healthcare workers in my affiliated hospitals a wore them and still got covid. As for NM, it was a blast

19-Aug-20
Congrats! I’ve been taking in a few goats. Sure do wish they would keep them clean though. Cut one up today that still had the lungs and heart inside! Guess they just couldn’t finish gutting it.

24-Aug-20

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Well.....? We’re waiting
Norseman 's embedded Photo
Well.....? We’re waiting

01-Sep-20
Is the 14 day order still in effect? Today was the start for many so I'm curious if its being ignored or no longer in place.

01-Sep-20
It’s always been ignored.

02-Sep-20
I have a friend in the Gila. He's having a blast!

02-Sep-20
"I have a friend in the Gila. He's having a blast"!

Me too, Nick. He posted up a vid yesterday, while standing 5 yards from a bedded 280 bull...good times !

13-Sep-20
I just got back from NM. Saw countless non residents on the mountain. Went to Walmart, Denys and other places. No questions asked.

13-Sep-20
Yep, it’s been that way this whole time.

• Sitka Gear