DanaC 08-Aug-20
jstephens61 08-Aug-20
jjs 08-Aug-20
76aggie 11-Aug-20
lawdy 11-Aug-20
DanaC 12-Aug-20
dizzydctr 12-Aug-20
08-Aug-20
I have done most of my hunting in LL Bean Hunting boot.

08-Aug-20
Add Schnees and Hoffman Explorer to the list. I’ve owned all 4 and prefer Schnees and Hoffman’s to Kene’s and Beans.

08-Aug-20
Have you ever worn any boots with that type sole? I know it's a popular choice because of the self-cleaning properties, but when I owned a pair of knock-off imitations of the Beans with the same sole design, I found them to be unacceptable in terms of traction in the woods. I also had a pair of rubber boots with that sole design long ago and they were equally unfit for wet or winter wear in the woods, with traction similar to street sneakers.

So it depends on your intended usage to a large extent. But if traction in wet or snowy conditions or when hiking on hills is a concern, I"d sure stay clear of any boot with that sole design. Only boot I ever owned that was more exciting in the winter woods was a pair of high-topped moccasins I I bought one year during the summer and enjoyed on a few hikes in dry weather before trying to wear them hunting on a wet weekend in hilly terrain. Might as well have been on roller skates.

OK for barn work or shoveling the walks or drive, or when using strap-on traction for ice fishing, but pretty slick for anything else.

08-Aug-20
Schnees

08-Aug-20
Was looking at a Bean ad, they have a new one called the 'Maine Warden's Hunting Boot', which looks pretty solid. Probably imported...

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/120889?page=men-s-maine-warden-s-hunting-boots&bc=474-629-506794&feat=506794-GN2&csp=f&attrValue_0=Brown&pos=45

08-Aug-20
LaCross Outpost II

08-Aug-20
GH, hunted the UP and bogs of northern Mn. and usually wear La Crosse Areo or Red Wing if I know I will be in more elevation. The last several yrs felt like I was out swamping for ducks instead of grouse and woodcock and that is where the La Crosse worked, wore them exclusively when I lived near Meadow Valley/Black River Forrest for 20 yrs. The Bean boots were a loose fit for beating the brush.

11-Aug-20
You have a choice of soles with Schnee's. Superb quality.

11-Aug-20
As a tracker, I love beanies. You can feel a stick before you break it. For really wet weather, I like uninsulated rubber boots for the same reason. In snow I wear beanies and carry boot blankets for hiding in a blowdown. Late season, when it is really cold, I wear Air Force mukluks, very warm.

12-Aug-20
From the OP - " Would like the boot for bird hunting,,,,,, "

Okay, so 'stealth' is not the issue. Nor is insulation, because you'll be moving a lot. You need support and light weight. Look at 'upland' hunting boots.

https://www.shootingandsafety.com/best-upland-hunting-boots/

12-Aug-20
Schnee's guide boots. Then when it gets cold, I switch to Schnee's Hunters with liner.

• Sitka Gear