Turtlebuc22 08-Aug-20
PushCoArcher 08-Aug-20
Jethro 09-Aug-20
Ucsdryder 09-Aug-20
Watching Dawn 11-Aug-20
Turtlebuc22 12-Aug-20
minion 13-Aug-20
08-Aug-20
This is one for the Ladies: We are heading out on a Pronghorn hunt in September and I know we'll be logging in a lot of miles since we are spot and stalking. Hunting boots are generally awful for my feet even with insoles so I'm leaning towards hiking boots/shoes. My biggest concern is cactus needles and snakes, so I don't want anything full of mesh or too lightweight. But, I also don't want anything insulated or clocking in over 1 lb. each. Obviously good traction is a must. Any favorite brands or models? I'm not afraid of spending some money, but don't want to head into Crispi territory since this is a once a year thing. Thanks!

08-Aug-20
In a similar situation taking my wife with me on her first antelope hunt this September in Wyoming. She ended up getting a pair of Columbia newton ridge boots. So far no complaints during break in.

09-Aug-20
My wife doesn’t hunt but wears boots for work as a gardener. She really likes her Ariat Terrrain H2O boots. Got them from shoes.com

09-Aug-20
This is honestly a no brainer. Get her a pair of Solomon 4d. The breakin period is zero in my experience. They’re light weight, waterproof, and comfortable. My girlfriend had issues with other hiking boots, bad enough we had to tape her heels every Trip due to blisters. As soon as she got the Solomons her issues were immediately over with zero breakin period.

11-Aug-20
My favorite are Wolverines Womens camo hunting boots. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/wolverine-sightline-7-insulated-waterproof-natural-realtree-xtra-hunting-boots-for-ladies They don't last forever but they are comfortable. I will hike around 14 miles per day for a week antelope hunting and they stay comfortable in the month of September. Not sure how they will fare when I find a snake though!

12-Aug-20
Thanks everyone! I've currently honed in on Oboz un-insulated leather boots for how well they fit out of the box and how comfortable they've been. I'll report back after the hunt.

13-Aug-20

minion's Link
The sharing forum I have read, the content is very practical, it gives me a lot of useful information, I like the content of your post very well. I hope you will have many new articles to share with your readers. bubble shooter

• Sitka Gear