2xLung 16-Aug-20
fubar racin 16-Aug-20
Rut Nut 18-Aug-20
12-Aug-20

JRABQ's embedded Photo
Well Hello Mr Snake
JRABQ's embedded Photo
Well Hello Mr Snake
Got in the blind yesterday afternoon, in a hurry just throwing my gear in, get in, sit down, start rearranging a few things. Then look over by my right foot, YIKES!!! "Lucky for me he's just a small rattlesnake, and not very aggressive, I was able to convince him to leave without much fuss. So just a PSA reminder to check your blind for uninvited guests.

12-Aug-20
Sorry to hear about your blind fire.

12-Aug-20
Dang that’s spooky! Lol

13-Aug-20

minion's Link
Your article is really interesting and meaningful, I have read many articles but none of them persuaded me, thank you for sharing. vex 3

13-Aug-20
Damn, that's an uninvited guest!

13-Aug-20
That’s a whole lot of nope! Least you didn’t play with it like Pat did the Mamba...

13-Aug-20
Good thing it wasn't a Black Mamba...8^)

13-Aug-20
Those little suckers can be bad too! Maybe not as much venom but it’s highly concentrated. I dislike snakes, a lot! Good that demon wasn’t aggressive

13-Aug-20
Agree with butcher - I don't get along with snakes, AT ALL!

13-Aug-20

13-Aug-20

13-Aug-20
He would not have left, if he was in my blind.

13-Aug-20
Looks like a nice belt to me.

Matt

13-Aug-20
Yikes... glad you didn't put your hand down there arranging your gear.

13-Aug-20
The small ones are worse. They don't have the ability to control their poison like the older ones, who can choose whether or not to inject poison or not when they bite.

13-Aug-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
That’s what I was told when I was bitten. Then I read an article about a snake researcher that did a study with rattlers and mice. He would get the snakes to bite the mice, then measure the amount of venom in each mouse. He concluded the amount of venom was DIRECTLY proportional to the size of the snake. Meaning the bigger the snake, the more venom is injected.

That said, any rattler found in my blind will be getting a load(or 2) of #6 shot from my new best friend! ;-)

13-Aug-20
I can't imagine letting that thing live.

13-Aug-20
I can't imagine killing it just to kill it when it posed no real immediate threat

13-Aug-20
I’d have ate him

13-Aug-20
Stealthy,

Ask Rut Nut what an immediate threat is?

13-Aug-20
I would have relocated him so he couldn't come back. Next time might have been a different out come for the hunter?

13-Aug-20
Reminds me of the time Pat had a Black Mamba in his blind!!!!

13-Aug-20
fubar sez "I’d have ate him"

If he had been a lot bigger that might have been one outcome, but me being in the hospital might be another.

14-Aug-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Yeah, I may be slightly prejudiced now Bowbender! ;-)

14-Aug-20

kadbow's embedded Photo
kadbow's embedded Photo
Here is more “company” to watch out for.

14-Aug-20
nature is so cool

14-Aug-20
We had a young kid here that was out playing with his friends and they picked up a baby snake. Turned out it was a baby rattle snake and it bit the kid. Doctors said they only thing that saved him was the small amount of venom injected. But he still almost lost his arm.

14-Aug-20
This guy was outside my blind for who knows how long.

14-Aug-20

2xLung's embedded Photo
2xLung's embedded Photo

14-Aug-20
I would not like a rattler in the blind with me. With that said I can't imagine a judge going off in a mostly closed up blind. You might be deaf after that.

14-Aug-20
I know what a rattler can do.................I’ll gladly trade 9 days in the hospital and another month at home recovering for some potential hearing loss! ;-)

16-Aug-20
I often get in my ground blind an hour before it gets light. I always look real good with a light before I get in. We don't have poisonous snakes but all kinds of other critters like my blind. I have one blind that stays up all year and have had wasps build a nest inside. I am more scared of wasps than snakes.

16-Aug-20
Saturday morning I set up on the same tank as a few years ago when the snake above was outside my blind. This year I was was witness to a 3.5' rattler moving away from my blind. Through my binos I counted 9 rattles on his tail. This thing was huge.

Sunday morning I went in search of a new hunting location far from this place. Too many snakes and not enough lopers.

16-Aug-20
Littles eat too lol

18-Aug-20
Wise move Andrew! ;-)

• Sitka Gear