LUNG$HOT 22-Aug-20
Bou'bound 23-Aug-20
Bou'bound 23-Aug-20
Thornton 24-Aug-20
t-roy 24-Aug-20
Thornton 24-Aug-20
13-Aug-20

LUNG$HOT's Link
This guy never disappoints. Awesome video!

13-Aug-20
He is the best but he does over-promise on the quantity and timing of new videos. To few and far between. His promo video on the essence of hunting is still the best 7 minutes i have ever seen on the topic.

13-Aug-20

Bou'bound's Link
the why we hunt video attached

7 minutes and 10 seconds of awesome

13-Aug-20
Great cinemantography as usual, however, most of his videos could be 7 minutes and 10 seconds and not 51 minutes. I don't need to see water being poured into a Jet boil for 25 seconds.

13-Aug-20
Superb !

18-Aug-20
Just when I thought I couldn't be more excited for Adak next year, this comes out!! What an awesome video!

18-Aug-20
We killed all those wolves in the “who we are” video the next season. He was hunting my spot. I had a sheep hunt that conflicted with Alaska moose season that year.

He left a bunch of cut firewood. We used it to cook the ribs off a 66” bull we killed at 41 yards with a bow.

He did not kill a moose, and he hunted the entire 20 day season. We killed 2 in 11 days.

19-Aug-20
Congrats

19-Aug-20
He does top notch work. It did get a little drawn out but I enjoyed it. Adak would be an interesting place to visit.... the sea duck hunt would be fun!

19-Aug-20
“He did not kill a moose, and he hunted the entire 20 day season. We killed 2 in 11 days.”

How did your video turn out?

19-Aug-20
Good video. Crazy they just happened to come upon that bull all tangled up in the rope!

19-Aug-20
Really enjoyed seeing the Adak show. Left there the end of"95 after 9 years. Had 34' twin 250 hp Cummins built and for 4 years went everywhere you could get to by water and foot. It's a beautiful place but October is very stormy and you might enjoy September more. Fox are gone and eagle numbers way down. Bou size is smaller due to excess population but they sure saw a lot.

20-Aug-20
I’m a hunter, not a filmmaker, but the videos turned out alright. There’s 2 of them, and my one friend is a terrible shot. I hunted this are 3 out of 4 years, and Donnie hunted it once.

I just think it’s funny how easily we assume someone has skills afield when they’re on film. This area is loaded with moose. I never left there without killing 2 big ones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o7wwsrSaNQM

20-Aug-20
I can’t get these links to post for whatever reason. Not much of a computer guy either.

You guys want to know why this forum sucks now? Y’all run off everyone that’s worth following. No one wants to post here anymore because of the horrible attitudes of “the regulars”

I think it’s hilarious that Donnie Vincent didn’t know he could shoot the wolves. He camped in a super weird place. We found his firewood pile when we were packing a bull out. Everyone looked at it and asked “who would camp here?”

Whatever. Watch my home videos or don’t. I don’t much care what y’all do.

Sure had a great time helping my buddies get their moose and fulfill their dreams though, that much is for sure. Never will regret that. Mr. Moye (the rifle hunter) was over 70 at the time of our hunt together. He had always dreamed of hunting moose in Alaska and got lucky to draw the permit. Same with my other friend Aaron. We all made a pact to go as a group of 4 even if we had only one tag.

It’s nice to have friends like that. That’s what hunting is all about. That, and full freezers.

Good luck this fall.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8NKs8B1u4

20-Aug-20

Halibutman's Link

20-Aug-20
So cool when they come in....head swaying back and forth. Great bull!

20-Aug-20
Midwest, he was so excited.... and I was too! That was my best effort at keeping him calm. Zero chance of that!

This is actually heavily edited. He shot A LOT of times and I shouted “shoot him again” A LOT of times.

This is a great bull for a great man. I’ve had the privilege of knowing Danny my whole life. He’s a taxidermist in my home town, as well as a minister. He’s a wealth of knowledge about hunting and the Bible, both timeless endeavors that can never be perfected. Maybe that’s why he likes both so much? Always room for improvement!

20-Aug-20
Awesomeness! Damn sure on the bucket list!

21-Aug-20
Don’t know why you feel the need to hijack a thread about a film depicting the Adak experience to try to prove that you’re a better hunter than Vincent but congrats on a couple of nice bulls.

21-Aug-20
Enjoyed it.. the barracks were the most interesting part to me.. the hunting was what it was.. the rescue of the tangled bull, then heading over to hunt spells out what a true hunter is about. Enjoyed it..

22-Aug-20
Great cinematography and editing in that DV vid.....DV did a good job too.

One could point out the flaws; DV covering his cameraman with his rifle in one sequence, etc......... but over all I give the film makers an A+.

I think the key is DV always tries to put hunting in a good light.

22-Aug-20
This guy is NOT a “true hunter”.

That was the point of my comments.

He’s a filmmaker posing as a hunter.

I mean, who in the hell goes hunting without a knife? Who does that?

Donnie Vincent does. Then he demands his support staff “give him a knife right now”

Ever cut rope like that? I cut rope all the time. You won’t catch me sawing on it like a little girl.

I’m glad they cut loose that bull. I’d have done the same. I hope he makes it.

I didn’t “hijack” this thread. One of you jerks asked how my videos turned out, being a jerk, and so I posted them. There they are, for you to see, from the same spot where your rope-sawing, long -haired, beanie-boy couldn’t get it done in 3 weeks. The picture of the ribs smoking was on Donnie’s firewood.

We didn’t know he had been in there, or even who he was. My pilot told me “some guy was in there the whole time trying to make a movie. He didn’t kill a moose. He got in bow range of a bunch of wolves and didn’t shoot them”

We laughed. Then went in there and killed the two bulls in the videos and 3 wolves.

It was years later that I put it all together and asked the pilot if that’s who it was.

I thought that was an interesting story, and that it was hilarious, so i chose to share it.

Worry not! I won’t make that mistake again.

22-Aug-20
Trying to blow out someone else's candle, doesn't makes yours burn any brighter.

22-Aug-20
Good point Bowbender...good point indeed.

22-Aug-20
Maybe DV will chime in to critique Halibutman's film making ability. ;-)

22-Aug-20
“You guys want to know why this forum sucks now? Y’all run off everyone that’s worth following. No one wants to post here anymore because of the horrible attitudes of “the regulars”“

Matthew, I’d recommend taking a good look in the mirror. I posted this video NOT because I think Donnie is the best or even a great hunter. I enjoyed the cinematography, the backstory and history of Adak, and the Proponent/Ally that Donnie is. The successful kill of the Caribou in the end was a bonus. You hop on this thread like you have a personal vendetta with DV and maybe you do. That’s your business. I saw nothing that ticked me off or rubbed me the wrong way. Donnies video and quest was clearly about more that just killing an animal on film. If that doesn’t make him a “real hunter” than so be it. I know nothing about you personally. Maybe your a huge proponent of hunting as well and maybe you go above and beyond to paint the thing we love in a positive light. Maybe you donate time, money and encourage recruitment of youth and new hunters. If you do, good for you. Or maybe your just a guy posting amateur videos of you and your buddies shooting moose on Adak enjoying yourselves. Also great. I enjoyed your videos and congrats on the bulls.

23-Aug-20
Following a threads are great fun but it fails in comparison to following human nature. That is where the real intrigue lies

23-Aug-20
Following a threads are great fun but it fails in comparison to following human nature. That is where the real intrigue lies

24-Aug-20
Go beat on your chest somewhere else Halibutman. Dude makes good videos and probably didn't want to kill the wolves. Furthermore, he appears to respect the outdoors and is a conservationist. Nothing turns the public off more than a stupid redneck bragging he killed everything (but congrats, you fit the profile of every Texan I've encountered hunting pronghorn in NM). As a hunter, you should realize sometimes conditions and animal numbers can change overnight. saw this numerous times when I was a guide.

24-Aug-20
Holy smokes!

I think you need to eat a Snickers, Thornton!

24-Aug-20
I was hangry. Mr. Halibut reminded me of the 13 drunk Texan hunters that took over a Super 8 lobby watching the McGregor fight in NM a few years ago and kept me awake all night.

• Sitka Gear