Smtn10PT 16-Aug-20
Iowabowhunter 19-Aug-20
Jasper 19-Aug-20
Brotsky 19-Aug-20
wyobullshooter 19-Aug-20
bigeasygator 19-Aug-20
Jethro 19-Aug-20
14-Aug-20
Who has em, which model and pros and cons? Thanks!

14-Aug-20

14-Aug-20

grossklw's embedded Photo
grossklw's embedded Photo
I've got the sky archer 6200 with lid on an x-curve frame. I've really found much for cons, if you're a big pockets and organization guy you'll want to buy some of the slide-outs because the bag is mostly just one large piece. I have the nalgene holder, a couple hip pockets that I like. Cons are they're expensive, pros are too many to list. Modifiable, breaks down for bivy mode or day-pack, handles heavy loads really well (100+lbs), easy to clean, load shelf is great.

14-Aug-20
Xcurve with the 5900. Been running it for 4 years now and still cannot come up with one reason to change. All pros.

14-Aug-20
Solo with Krux frame.

Pros: lightweight, load shelf, meat hauls outside bag.

Cons: none for the design purpose of the bag. None for the frame.

Decent review of 9 different packs on Rokslide, SG is among the top.

14-Aug-20

TXCO's embedded Photo
TXCO's embedded Photo
I have the original Sky 7400 and love it. Used it from 8 day backpack hunts to a carry on. Simple, strong, adaptable, and lightweight. If you must have lots of sections/organization/pouches on your pack, SG may not be your choice. That does end up adding weight and reducing compression. I just use dry bags or ziplocs for organization and havent looked back since.

14-Aug-20
Also, the best customer service Ive seen.

14-Aug-20
Do they come in camo or just solids?

14-Aug-20
I have the Kiowa 3200 daypack as well as the Xcurve pack frame. They are fantastic and if there’s a con, I haven’t found it yet.

14-Aug-20
I have the Sky Archer 5900 in grey. There definitely expensive, but well worth the money. My favorite thing is the meat shelf. When the pack is adjusted correctly it manages the load and seems lighter than the actual weight. Cons I have none. I've owned quite a few packs but this is the best one IMO.

14-Aug-20

nmwapiti's embedded Photo
nmwapiti's embedded Photo
Sky 6200 and Solo. No problems with either one. Best packs I have tried. As mentioned above, pretty clean design without many pockets which I prefer.

14-Aug-20
No camo colors just solids.

14-Aug-20
I have the original sky 5100. Love the pack. Really don't use the meat shelf. Just throw everything inside a contractor bag in the pack. To me it's kind of a pain to use the meat shelf

14-Aug-20
I have the Sky 5900 on the original frame they offered. I don't run the lid because the pack is plenty big enough for me. I have found it to be very durable since I not only use it for hunting but all of my summer training hikes. Before hunting season I just fill a tote of water with scent free wash and dunk it for a few hours. Guess my only complaint is its not self propelled. Would like some type of e-motor to help me up the hills.

14-Aug-20
I have the 5900 with the x-curve frame , I looked at the Solo which is a little lighter and less space but the 5900 has the two side pockets for my Nalgene bottles and between that and the lid it was the deciding factor. No cons !

14-Aug-20
5900 and X-Curve frame. I love it. I've always enjoyed buying and selling gear, looking for the next best thing. I've had the Stone Glacier for 4 or 5 years now, I think, and I haven't even paid attention to anything else hitting the market. I also really liked the Kifaru I had before it, and I think the Kifaru handled super heavy loads slightly better, but overall I like the SG quite a bit more.

14-Aug-20
I’m running the sky 5900 on the x-curve frame this year. No complaints, will have a better review after my 10-day backpack hunt in September. I have been training in the frame all summer with weights up to 60#’s and it is amazingly comfortable. The range of adjustment and the harness/belt system work awesome. I used to run a Kuiu Icon Pro, the SG blows that pack away. I just ordered the approach 1800 bag for day hunts as well. Loving Stone Glacier.

14-Aug-20

Adrenaline Russ's embedded Photo
Adrenaline Russ's embedded Photo
Limited use on my Sky Archer 6200 Pros - super light and durable. No cons from me. I will second the great customer service as well.

14-Aug-20
Solo pack, had the original and EVO frames. Really happy with them. Handle loads great.

14-Aug-20
I have the Sky 5100 on the original frame. No cons. Use it all year long.

15-Aug-20
I used Mystery Ranch for many years. I have a 6200 Sky Archer with the original frame. Same massive carrying capacity as my MRs with much lighter pack to start. I’ve not found a con. I used to try every new pack on the market and compare to my MRs; have not even thought about doing that since I got my Stone Glacier.

15-Aug-20
I have several SG Packs and frames. The 5900 is probably the most versatile pack I own. Use the Talus 6900 when I need “more”. The 5900 has really made my smaller SG’s obsolete as it goes into daypack mode with ease and gets small. I do prefer my Kifaru when packing super heavy loads, but find myself taking a Stone Glacier on 90% of my hunts due to their weight and ability to go into daypack mode. Great company, great product...

16-Aug-20
I have the solo I believe, been a while now and I don't see the model on it anywhere. Customer service is perfect they will do what it takes. I swapped out belts a couple of times and it was a breeze dealing with them. Best pack of the 4 brands I have. When compared to the others I have owned its in a class on its own. Light tough can haul lots of meat 100# plus for sure. in fact 2 years ago my partner and I packed an entire bull down a slope to a cool spot in 1 trip and he broke his pack doing so. The SG shrugged it off like it was a walk in the park.

16-Aug-20
Sky Talus 6900 on X curve frame. Don't buy one until you suffer through years of packing out elk on a crappy Cabelas pack. If you don't do that first you wont appreciate how sweet this pack is. It is better in every way than the Cabelas outfitter pack (which wasn't bad as a starter for the price) Only con was the price, however I signed up for the University of Elk hunting online course and the discounts I got at Elk 101 more than covered the cost of the course.

19-Aug-20
I have a Sky5100 as well as an approach bag on their Krux frame.

Con-isnt cheap Pro-its a BA system, fits me really well. Used it from scouting whitetails, 3D shoots, pronghorn hunts, packed out a boned out muley as well as elk hunting.

Shouldn't need another pack, may buy a bigger bag for extended trips, but then again may not need it as I can piggy back the Approach bag onto the Sky5100.

19-Aug-20
I’ve decided on the Sky 5900. Customer service there is awesome!

19-Aug-20
You are going to be extremely happy with that choice! A couple of must haves are the Hydro-holster and large accessory pockets. I also have a couple of internal camp pockets. All very nice accessories to add to the Sky 5900. It's an amazing pack, don't know how I lived without it! :)

19-Aug-20
^^^^ +1 on the Hydro-Holster! It allows your water to be very easily accessible without having to deal with a bladder.

19-Aug-20

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Love my Sky Talus 6900.

19-Aug-20
Camp pockets are a nice accessory. This year I added 2 swing out pockets. Haven't used them yet.

• Sitka Gear