Sivart 16-Aug-20
WapitiBob 16-Aug-20
Sivart 16-Aug-20
huntabsarokee 16-Aug-20
SBH 17-Aug-20
bowcrazyJRHCO 18-Aug-20
WapitiBob 18-Aug-20
16-Aug-20
I've used OnX since it came out. The 3D mapping is very intriguing to me. Which one is better and why?

16-Aug-20
GoHunt will be better a better product overall when the final version comes out based on what I have seen and what I have been told will be upgraded in the final version. It won't cause me to drop GE pro for my web e-scouting but it's getting close.

16-Aug-20
Bob, have you looked into Basemap? Or is it a lesser version of OnX?

16-Aug-20
I have the paid version of all 3; basemap, GAIA, and onX. I use onX, really dislike basemap, and gaia is good but it doesn't "fit" for some reason. I used gaia for a weekend of scouting and went back to onX. Basemap has no data organization tools; import 150 waypoints then try to bulk delete them. I was using Gohunt's 3d last week but now it's saying my pc isn't compatible. I also notice they're using two different sources for imagery between sat and hybrid maps.

16-Aug-20
Im hoping ONx will update to 3D mapping to keep up w/ the Jones's. I really like their format as well. Just need to add 3D mapping and the click and drag lines.

16-Aug-20
I have basemap, onx, and Gaia right now. I find basemap frustrating some times. Just seems so slow even on PC. I do like their Google Terrain layer and have been printing some maps with it. Not easy though you have to Snip. Onx has a print button on their web version. For printing map GE Pro is the best and I can print nice 11-17 maps.

Agree onx with 3d would be nice.

17-Aug-20
I have both right now. For me Basemap has clearer imagery BUT I'm having issues with the offline maps and landownership not loading. Been using OnX more than Basemap.

18-Aug-20
I have OnX and Gaida. Have used Gaia for two years, only 2 dislikes: the satalitte images not very crisp and the public land has not been updated in a midwestern state I hunt for turkeys. The 3 best things about Gaia: 1. you can use all the topo maps offline, no need to think in advance to "save" a map. 2. they have a wide variety of maps including Nat'l Geographic. Thirdly, you get the whole country for one price. Just bought OnX last month. Disappointed that it is worthless if you didn't save an area prior to going offline. However, OnX sat. pictures are very crisp and overall it is very simple to use. For me, I will use both this year and the total cost is worth it for me. However, if I had just one, it would Gaia for the above reasons - don't have to save maps offline, lots of maps to choose from (most importantly is Nat. Geo.), and one price gets whole country.

18-Aug-20
I have Gaia on my phone and it’s a boat anchor if I don’t save offline maps. The only topo that shows in offline mode are the ones I saved or an area I looked at when I had service and the app cached the imagery.

• Sitka Gear