Nick Muche 17-Aug-20
krieger 17-Aug-20
Grubby 18-Aug-20
carcus 18-Aug-20
APauls 18-Aug-20
Grubby 18-Aug-20
CurveBow 19-Aug-20
16-Aug-20
I will have a couple of vortex expandables in my quiver this year. I can’t seem to keep them tight in the quiver , anybody use a secondary gripper? Im ordering a foam insert. anybody got any tips?

16-Aug-20
Never ending problems with the mechanicals ha

16-Aug-20
Maybe I’ll just carry them in my pocket

16-Aug-20
Since the gripper acts on the arrow shaft and not the broadhead, I am confused as to how the broadhead could be at issue. I always used quiver foam with Vortex and never had any issues.

16-Aug-20

JW's embedded Photo
JW's embedded Photo
Get the second gripper for the top end. Works great for mechanicals.

16-Aug-20
Foam

16-Aug-20
Matt, my ts has the rubber insert, no foam. The expandables don’t sit in the space provided securely so they rattle. Thanks For the input guys.

16-Aug-20
I put a piece of closed cell foam (old camp mat) cut to fit the hood and spot glued in. Works great for Spitfires.

16-Aug-20
You only need 1 Vortex, get rid of the quiver and you'll always be ready. :)

16-Aug-20
They come in 3 packs though

17-Aug-20
"If the Lord only meant for you to drink two or three he wouldn't have made beer in sixpacks....... " I remember the saying, but forget where I heard it.......

Maybe not much help as I don't own a TS but the rubber insert is removable? I recall a friend told me he removed the rubber insert, bought some hot water pipe insulation at the hardware store and made a foam insert for his. Lightened it up a bit as well. I think you can use a foam pool noodle (or a nool poodle?) to make one as well if you want to happy it up and use pink foam inserts.....

17-Aug-20
Remove rubber insert, add foam. They even sell a foam insert.

17-Aug-20
Any quiver without double grippers is borderline worthless . Get the second gripper or you have to put rigid foam in the bottom and custom set the heads in.

18-Aug-20
I cut a 1” piece of foam and friction fit it into 1/2 the hood . I put the expandables on that side, fixed on the other. Quiet as a mouse again. I may add the second gripper though.

18-Aug-20
I've always used mechs in my tightspot, I did shave some foam out, I haven't needed the second gripper

18-Aug-20
I've always used mechs with no problems. Tighten the allen keys at the bottom so your arrow is REAL tight when you push it right in. Then shove your arrow right up into the hood until it is tight and snap it in at the bottom.

18-Aug-20
Part of my problem is after switching to 5mm shafts I can’t get them as tight as before....

19-Aug-20
I've has an issue using Rage with collars. The rubber insert knocks blades loose. I took them all out, put on new collars which helped. Then there's the buzz or rattle with them. So I now use Iron Wills....

• Sitka Gear