coach 18-Aug-20
BR 18-Aug-20
Thunderhawk 18-Aug-20
Tilzbow 18-Aug-20
stagetek 19-Aug-20
krieger 19-Aug-20
Two Feathers 19-Aug-20
17-Aug-20
I'm in need of a quality 72" tall or taller ground blind! I'm 6 '2" and would like to stand up. Just put up what I bought in back yard and it shines like new penny and could see wife from 3 ' to 50 yards per alone when she moved arms around. And the camp pattern sucked! Not the big 2 camo pattern. But never seen any so stupid! Please recommend a tall quality zippers and he unseen Please! Thanks in advance!

Dave B.

17-Aug-20
I doubt seeing your wife inside was the blinds fault. There a few things you have to do to be "invisible" in a blind. First off you have to have at least 75% of blind closed up tight. If light is coming in behind or beside you will be seen. I go for about 90%. Second you need to be wearing black to blend in with inside of blind. Sit back in blind as far as possible. Lastly set your blind so that as sun is rising and setting it is not shining into the blind.

If it shiny as a new penny rub some mud on it! Hope that helps.

17-Aug-20

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

LINK's Link
I have this one. I can get all my kids on and still have plenty of room to draw. What I don’t like about a tall blind all the windows are above the hub and you have to have a tall chair to get the right angle. Wear black and keep as many windows shut as you can. You stay hidden the best by keeping it dark inside. I like to set it up with my back to the sun if I can.

17-Aug-20
Asked her to wear black ,she did. 2 only 2 sides had screens and she was in back corner . Have had ground blinds in past never a problem. Just slowing me down in race for season . As we all know there is never enough time for all we have to do!

17-Aug-20

LINK's embedded Photo
I keep this window open and no others. It helps when they come in on one side.
LINK's embedded Photo
I keep this window open and no others. It helps when they come in on one side.
LINK's embedded Photo
Selfie at an arms reach.
LINK's embedded Photo
Selfie at an arms reach.

17-Aug-20
Little trouble understanding what you saying but if you have just the camo screen on two those are letting light in. You got to have at least 3 sides 100% completely blacked out no light coming in. I want it to look more like link's photo above than just three sides.

17-Aug-20
Thanks for suggestions!

17-Aug-20
If it isn't already, paint the inside flat black. Some of the less expensive blinds are camo inside and out. They should ALL be black on the inside.

17-Aug-20
If your bow is over 5' like some of us you need a tall one.

18-Aug-20
Something like this? I'm 6'4" and can stand fully upright(blind just lifts a little)!

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/primos-double-bull-dark-horse-recurve-blind-74-center?a=515053#:~:text=The%20Dark%20Horse%20features%20Primos,it%20with%20shoot%2Dthrough%20netting.

18-Aug-20
The one I gave a link for has a 78” center height. Maybe if I were 6’4”+ like you guys I wouldn’t need a bar stool to shoot out of it. Lol

18-Aug-20
I built one 2 years ago that is tall enough for me to stand up and shoot my long bow out of. I used 2x4's and then wrapped it in roofing felt. I put some little extra felt flaps around the door to block out the light. it has 2 shooting windows about the size of a basketball. I wear a black shirt and facemask and am virtually invisible in it. I have had 6-8 does at a time within 8 yards of me for over 15 minutes. Still have to play the wind though but it does help with scent control some.

18-Aug-20
Baronett big mike. Its 80 inches tall. pretty good quality too.

18-Aug-20
Primos XL Club

18-Aug-20
I hunted out of a Primos XL Club a few years ago and at 6’6” I was pretty comfortable. I own an original Double Bull Tall and it’s also good but the windows are too short for me to shoot from a chair so I have to kneel.

19-Aug-20
Baronette blinds are about the tallest. I've heard very good things about Xenex blinds as well.

19-Aug-20
Xenex are the best I've used, but haven't used them all. They are heads and shoulders above the Primos line, IMO

19-Aug-20

Two Feathers's Link
I've got a 6' x 6' Hidden Hunter. It's the tallest and widest blind I have. See them at the link.

• Sitka Gear