swede 19-Aug-20
Grey Ghost 19-Aug-20
swede 19-Aug-20
stringgunner 20-Aug-20
swede 20-Aug-20
18-Aug-20

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Reason 829. Charging my phone in the back country!

18-Aug-20
I have my Bakcou Mule ready to go. It has a converted kiddy trailer with a large plastic bow with lid which will haul plenty for camp over the old logging road I will be using.

18-Aug-20
Can’t remember if Rambo has that charging port.

18-Aug-20
My Rambo does have it.

18-Aug-20
Swede- send a pic of your set up. Would love to see it

19-Aug-20
Cool. you can charge GPS or anything that has a usb connection.

On the topic of loving ebikes. Are any of you interested in writing about your experiences hunting on your ebike and how it has changed the experience?

I think my email list would really like to read more real life experiences instead of just reading about list of specs. If anyone is interested in writing about their experiences I'll share it with my readers.

19-Aug-20
I might John. I usually write up my hunt anyway. It is generally in a journal format, But it is a winter project. Too many critters to chase in the fall.

19-Aug-20
Do Ebikes charge themselves as they go or do you recharge?

19-Aug-20
You have to recharge using the charger that comes with the bike. At least that is the way my Bakcou Mule works.

19-Aug-20
spike- No mine doesn’t charge while pedaling. Mule also. BUT, where I will be elk hunting has some serious uphill/downhill. On downhill sections I will not use assist mode. This will extend battery life.

My plan is to use an inverter fed from truck battery if I need to charge.

19-Aug-20
So, you can charge your phone off your bike, then need an external charger bank to charge the ebike to get home. Got it. ;)

19-Aug-20
I've gone 40 miles on a single charge on my e-bike, using the pedal assist on the lowest setting. So, you'd have to go in pretty deep to ever get stranded with a dead battery.

I bought one of those small, quiet, and compact Honda generators to recharge my e-bike battery back at camp in the evenings.

Matt

19-Aug-20

swede's embedded Photo
This is the set up I will be going with this season.
swede's embedded Photo
This is the set up I will be going with this season.

19-Aug-20
Your front fender is on backwards, Swede. It probably doesn't rattle against the frame on rough terrain that way, like mine does, but it's not doing you much good like that, either.

;-)

Matt

19-Aug-20
Thanks Ghost. I just changed it. I hope it does not rattle.

20-Aug-20
Sweet setup Swede!

20-Aug-20
Stringgunner, if you come by camp I will give you a ride in the trailer box. I will have the box tied down with heavy string or bungy cord.

• Sitka Gear