caribou77 21-Aug-20
Ironbow-cell 21-Aug-20
Pigginstring 21-Aug-20
caribou77 22-Aug-20
muliemad 22-Aug-20
Bentstick81 23-Aug-20
Shug 23-Aug-20
19-Aug-20
I am one of the odd guys shooting compounbs with fingers and without sights. Now my elder son is 2 inches taller and needs a new bow - same set up. Are there any suitable bows out there? 40 inches a2a is about minimum and I did not find any of those ...

19-Aug-20
A Hoyt aspen should fit that bill. It may be a touch shy of 40 but I knew several guys that shot them with fingers back in the day. One on eBay for 300. No it’s not mine.

19-Aug-20
Odd is an understatement! LOL. I did the same for first 12 years of bowhunting. All I knew. Switched to traditional an never looked back. Glad to see some guys still shooting that way.

19-Aug-20
Until I started exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson's three years ago, I shot all of my compound bows "fingers no sights." My last bow was a Bear Code. I loved how that bow shot. Unfortunately, because of my progressing condition, I haven't been able to shoot it for a couple of years. It now just sits in my storage room collecting dust. Towards the end of me shooting it, I did put a sight on it to try to help with aiming. That did not work out as I had hoped.

19-Aug-20
Pretty hard to find a longer ATA bow any more for fingers. Maybe look at Oneida?? Good lord they are expensive though. Great bows, just expensive.

19-Aug-20
Xpedition makes a 38" bow called the Perfexion XL as well. Still kinda short for fingers in my opinion.

19-Aug-20
Hey Nebucks sorry to hear about your Parkinson. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

19-Aug-20

JohnMC's Link
Mathews makes one see link. Hoyts makes a couple over 40'' but they are shoot through risers

19-Aug-20

JohnMC's Link
40''er from PSE. Look under the bow makers target or competition bows and not hunting bows. You probably won't love the prices.

19-Aug-20
Then try to find a case to fit a 40" bow in 8-)

19-Aug-20
I'm shooting a 2019 Prime CT9 with fingers. It's I believe 40". It shoots very nice once you get used to the draw curve. It's pretty smooth and fast. Just bought it beginning of year.

19-Aug-20
Switch to a three or four finger thumb release. You still have the feel of the string, but your release is just so much more predictable. I resisted for a long time. I feel like a fool at this juncture. If you are going to shoot a modern compound, I'd just strongly suggest using the equipment that goes with it. I see no reason not to. I know that wasn't your question, but this is your answer. ;-)

19-Aug-20
I've been shooting an Elite Pure, bare bow/ fingers, since 2014. It really feels like a part of my body, I'm shooting better than ever with it.

Only 36 inch ATA, but butter-smooth. I have 3 tears in my right shoulder, confirmed by MRI, but I can still shoot it all day, at 65 lbs.

19-Aug-20
Matthews Ovation 40 " axle to axle, over 8 " brace height. Also like the older Onida Eagle.

Nothing wrong with the older Hoyts, PSE wheel bows either.

19-Aug-20
Martin makes a 40 inch bow.

A prime black 9 is 39” but has very large cams. String angle is closer to 42. Just my observation

19-Aug-20
Oneida Phoenix! I love mine and they will custom build to suit your needs and poundage!

20-Aug-20
Jeeezzz - right. I do not really like the price-tags. Well. Kids are expensive and I will take good care of my old Darton Cyclone!

20-Aug-20
Jeeezzz - right. I do not really like the price-tags. Well. Kids are expensive and I will take good care of my old Darton Cyclone!

20-Aug-20
I bought a used reflex grizzly (made by hoyt) to shoot with fingers. Then switched to an oneida lightforce, then a phoenix. I might sell the reflex grizzly, pm if interested.

20-Aug-20
Nosler, what draw length and poundage for your son? Age?

20-Aug-20
I should say I am from Germany, so shipping is quite expensive. Currently 30'' with about 50 lbs. He is 6'1, 16 years. Maybe I just admit I am getting older and we switch. The Darton goes up to 65 lbs.

20-Aug-20
90's model Hoyt Pro Vantage can be had pretty cheap on eBay.

20-Aug-20
Ok I will check to see what the draw on my bow goes up to. If you would want to ship from US i have a nice fingers bow you could have.

20-Aug-20
Check out the Mathews triumph, should be able to get one cheap off ebay. Had one and was going to pursue fingers but just wasn’t in the stars. 325fps ibo to boot.

20-Aug-20
41" Hoyt Aspen...shoots great instinctive with split finger tab.....It is my backup bow because I can pick it up after a year or so of no use and shoot it accurate out to 50 yds. right away.

Joe

21-Aug-20
Did I mention that we are both lefties? Doesn't make it easier...

21-Aug-20
If you can find a Reflex Caribou, that is what my buddy uses. Nice bow.

21-Aug-20
Reflex Caribou or older Mathews Conquest I still shot my M Q2XL with fingers. 2 under.

21-Aug-20
"Did I mention that we are both lefties? Doesn't make it easier..." I thought my father and I were the only ones. :<)

21-Aug-20

21-Aug-20
Elite victory 39. 39” axle to axle and I believe 8” brace height. See them for 350$ all the time used. Very good bows in my opinion. The old reflex caribou is a great one, just hard to find anymore. eBay, archery talk and Facebook are your friend.

21-Aug-20
I shoot right and left. Cannot get myself to shoot a release left handed. Picked up a LH Mathews Conquest 2 on ebay a few months ago and it is a great fingers bow.

21-Aug-20
I shoot a PSE Shark, left handed with fingers! Love it

22-Aug-20

22-Aug-20
Been shooting an older Martin Sceptor11 for a few years now paid a whopping $125 nice bow, check out archery talk that's the place for finding older finger shooter's .

23-Aug-20
I intentionally lowered my draw to 28 1/2" so i could shoot shorter bows. I now shoot a Quest Forge that's 31 1/4 A to A, with fingers and no sights, canted. I have also shot a Mathews Mission UX2, which is really short A to A. I like these shorter bows because they are not near as heavy as the older compounds, which helps while carrying it in the woods hunting.

23-Aug-20
I also shoot fingers and yes it’s hard to find a “ suitable “ bow. At risk of pissing pat off ... if you check the classified adds on archery talk I think you’ll have your best bet...

• Sitka Gear