Rut Nut 21-Aug-20
NY Bowman 21-Aug-20
KY EyeBow 21-Aug-20
drycreek 21-Aug-20
Jasper 24-Aug-20
Missouribreaks 24-Aug-20
skinner creek 25-Aug-20
20-Aug-20
Been waiting 8 years for this day. Headed to the Georgia coast in a few hours for tonight’s hunt. Unfortunately I’m gonna have to use a crossbow since I can’t draw my bow after triceps surgery. Stoked!

20-Aug-20

Chief 419's embedded Photo
Chief 419's embedded Photo
Good luck Jasper! Here's a picture of a monster I saw this week. We're infested with swamp lizards.

20-Aug-20
Good luck!

20-Aug-20
Good luck!!! Kill as many as u can!!!!

20-Aug-20
Good luck! Chootem!

Moved to Florida last year, just drew my first gator tag. My season starts in ten days. Hoping to catch a big ol dinosaur. I've got a flats boat we'll be slinking around in at night on the Kissimmee River.

Anybody else on bowsite hunt lizards?

20-Aug-20
I hunt them every year, but not with a bow. We get 4 tags a year due to owning swamp acreage. Our method is to ride around looking for a big one in the day time. When we see a big one, we'll pull up closer until the gator goes underwater. Then we throw a grappling hook to snag them. It's an all out battle at that point. A well placed bullet does the trick when we get them close to the boat. My wife's family owns the land, so I don't get much say in how we hunt them.

In Louisiana, you're allowed to bait them. We used rotten chicken and hooks w/ rope tied to trees in the past. The problem is there are so many small gators that you almost never catch a big one that way. They don't put up much of a struggle when they have a hook in their gut. We used to pull them up from the bottom and shoot between the eyes to kill them.

Interesting tip. When a gator is dying, it will usually throw up. Make sure they have completely expired before hauling them into the boat. There's nothing worse than having rotten Nutria, birds, snakes, etc. in your boat.

We sell the gators whole, but there's no real value due to the alligator farms flooding the market with meat and skins. We do it just because we can and it's fun.

20-Aug-20
Best of luck Jasper and post back here with story and pictures!

20-Aug-20
Good luck, Jasper!

21-Aug-20
Have fun and be safe,

Robb

21-Aug-20
Safe travels

21-Aug-20
Photos when you get back

21-Aug-20
Good luck and please keep us updated! ;-)

21-Aug-20
Hope you've had good Jasper. I hunt them each year. We hunt them with recurve and longbows. Took 8 gators this past week.

21-Aug-20
Fun hunt! We shot them with our bows initially then fought them up to the surface with the bowfishing line and then used a bang stick to break their neck,,,, out of a canoe and kayak! Great redneck hunting adventure. I hope to do it again before too long.

21-Aug-20

drycreek's embedded Photo
Eating a big diamonback moccasin that I shot with a .22
drycreek's embedded Photo
Eating a big diamonback moccasin that I shot with a .22
I guess I should have sold one of y’all a hunt a couple months ago. I had this one in my pond about 150 yards out my back door for a couple weeks. I guess he got bored and left.

24-Aug-20
Shot a giant 10 footer, huge head and wide across the back. He went straight down to the bottom of the Altamaha River....and stayed down for 2 hours and 10 minutes!! Finally started easing him up with the line and right before he got to the top where I could shoot again the arrow pulled out! I was devastated but that’s hunting. Passed up several other 8 footers. Wasn’t meant to be I guess!

24-Aug-20
Good luck Jasper

24-Aug-20
Bummer Jasper. Get back out there! Still sounds like fun.

25-Aug-20

skinner creek's embedded Photo
skinner creek's embedded Photo
Just remember this is hunting and there are great gators to be had. the first time I went with my family we had limited days to hunt and killed 8 foot gators which really are not much of a trophy . My wife and I went a second time vowing to kill at least one over 10 foot we turned several loose be fore tagging a twelve and then a second twelve footer. We then filled the remains tags with better leather gators. 10 6 and a 9'6 There are trophies out there to be had but patience is the key. Once you see a giant you will know what to look for.

• Sitka Gear