Cheesehead Mike 21-Aug-20
EMB 21-Aug-20
carcus 21-Aug-20
WYelkhunter 21-Aug-20
steelhead1 21-Aug-20
WYelkhunter 22-Aug-20
GBTG 22-Aug-20
20-Aug-20
Cant get thexsearch function to work on here. I was wondering what everybody is using for gos units these days, looking for new unit.

20-Aug-20
Phone

20-Aug-20
I use both my phone and a Garmin Dakota. I’m deep enough into the Garmin with state maps and such, I have to carry it. But, I much prefer Gaia premium on a big iPhone screen.

20-Aug-20
Thanks for your input. I have onx on my phone. I think I looked into gaia a while back and just need to use both more. Thanks again.

21-Aug-20
Garmin 64 something. I also have onX. I like a second form of navigation just in case, but very rarely need either. My buddy got stuck in that 3rd season blizzard 7-8 years ago. Couldn’t see 5 feet in front of him. The batteries in his gps died because it was so cold. He barely made it out and spent a couple nights in the hospital. A couple people in the same area died. I don’t mess around with that stuff, especially in 3rd and 4th season. GPS, onX, Delorme. If all 3 fail, it wasn’t meant to be!

21-Aug-20
Phone with OnX, also Garmin 64 together with a paper map and compass. Oh yeah, InReach too.

21-Aug-20
I just bought a Garmin 64x. There are a few variations of the model depending on what you need or want. You can use 24k maps on an micro SD card. I also use a Garmin Inreach. You can use it with your phone. You do not need to have cell service. Through Earthmate you can download USGS maps to your phone and your phone uses the Inreach for satellite navigation on that map. The benefit is that the map you're viewing on your phone is the same as the paper map you may have with you. The phone screen is much easier for me to read. The real issue is that there is not much competition for handheld GPSs. It seems that it's either Garmin or nothing. But, they do have a pretty good product line.

21-Aug-20
Garmin 66i, and a montana 650, bought the 66i for the inreach function

21-Aug-20
PHone with GAIA. but a high quality case and learn how to set your settings on the phone and its battery will at least last as long as a gps and the mapping is just as good or better.

21-Aug-20
Thanks for all the input. I have onx and have been messing around with the gaia, which I've watched some you tube tutorials, looks like a good app.

22-Aug-20
Phone and GAIA. get a high quality water proof case and it is pretty hard to harm. Learn to set the settings and battery last just as long as a stand alone gps.

22-Aug-20
Phone + gaia

• Sitka Gear