LKH 21-Aug-20
Treefarm 22-Aug-20
sitO 22-Aug-20
HiMtnHnter 22-Aug-20
nchunter 22-Aug-20
JohnMC 23-Aug-20
JohnMC 23-Aug-20
21-Aug-20
Sunday I was covered up with flies in my blind. Like a hundred of them. I tried shutting all the nets beat them with my hat. But I final just had to deal with them. Any clues what would make them want to stay on the outside? I will tell you if they land on Leukotape they don't stick.

21-Aug-20
thermacell has always worked for me

21-Aug-20
I did not think a thermacell worked on flies

21-Aug-20
It has worked on all the bugs I have come across. I don't sit a blind without it anymore

21-Aug-20
I'll have to find mine

21-Aug-20
What about hanging a fly tape?

21-Aug-20
They're usually attracted to the smell of shit.

21-Aug-20
Cazador you probably referring to me. But cattle were recently in pasture and plenty of it. One tank I consider had a truck load dumped from their feedyard about 50 yards away. Goats were using but when I pulled up by it truck was full of them in 10 seconds door was open.

fly tape I considered

21-Aug-20
Tractor Supply has fly tape going to try hanging in blind. Probably tape something to my bow at the moment of truth.

21-Aug-20
Get some venus flytraps.

More seriously....I use old spice products and that seems to attract some bugs. Ya could try changing your deodorant/antiperspirant.

21-Aug-20
What makes you think I use deodorant?

21-Aug-20
^^ absolutely nothing at all.

21-Aug-20
Flies and pronghorn hunting are synonymous. But Caz nailed it, the more the bs the more the flies...

21-Aug-20
Don't total disagree Stone but I can't even start to think how many days I spent in a blind hunting pronghorns. I've never had flies like I did last weekend. If any of you watch Naked and Afraid and see people almost go crazy do to the bugs that was me.

21-Aug-20
Reason #752 why sotting in blinds sucks.

21-Aug-20
Try picking up some road kill and set it downwind outside of your blind :) It's just like throwing corn out for deer.

21-Aug-20
Reason #753 all those top girls in other thread are in the mountains not on the plains with the antelope. May I could suggest they skinny dip in a stock tank and they won't clue into what a double bull blind is.

21-Aug-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Went to Tractor Supply and found these. Report back after or during hunt. Probably after. #754 poor cell phone coverage

21-Aug-20
Having spent a few days in the box, I agree some days can be mind numbing. A good stiff wind can do wonders to displace them, albeit temporary. I have not had good results with fly tape, for me it was more of a mess to deal with. I would find your thermacell and be thankful they are not the little bastards that bite.

21-Aug-20
For just two dollars a day you can help John get through pronghorn season.

21-Aug-20
Thank you RT can you sent one of those fund me pages where everyone sends me 2 bucks if there are many bowsiters as Pat says I should do well.

21-Aug-20
Just buy a bug bomb. Let it go when you leave the blind. Kills everything's

21-Aug-20
Haha. You don't wear a head cover in the blind?

21-Aug-20
I don't wear anything in the blind...hot out there.

21-Aug-20
Do you take Diner’s Club on your GoatFundMe account, John?

21-Aug-20
Head cover? Hell last Sunday I was wearing nothing but boxers most the day and I was debating taking them off.

21-Aug-20
TEMPO Spray it on interior surfaces and the screens. It will take a while but it kills them dead, even after a week or more.

Costs about $8 per ounce and you mix it ounce per gallon. Shake well.

22-Aug-20

Treefarm's Link
I use this for deer flies , but you could coat any object with this adhesive and keep them at bay! Note, it is a darn lifesaver for catching biting deer flies.

22-Aug-20
Have you tried pushing the 'Easy" button for relief? I think there's one inside each of these hot boxes ;?)

22-Aug-20
Try rubbing your blind down with that horse fly spray. I rubbed my house screen door down with it the other day and it kept them out if the area for quite a while.

22-Aug-20
It will be just a matter of time before that fly tape ends up in your hair. I think I would flatten the blind and smash everywhere I could smash and then get after setting it back up get in as quick as you can..

23-Aug-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
It is working. About 20 mins worth.

23-Aug-20
Nothing else it entertaining to watch them get stuck. About 80% stay stuck the rest get away. About 40 stuck in side facing me. Also finally had a 1st buck of day show up bedded about 400 yards away.

• Sitka Gear