Contributors to this thread:
Shug 22-Aug-20
WapitiBob 22-Aug-20
Heat 22-Aug-20
JohnMC 22-Aug-20
Jaquomo 22-Aug-20
Shug 22-Aug-20
22-Aug-20
I video taped arrows coming out of my bow in slow motion.... It appears that the arrow is still bending 3-5 yards from the bow before they start spinning true. I’m curious if that’a too far.

Finger shooting if that makes any difference

22-Aug-20
Sounds about right, some of the world archery stuff on youtube has slow motion vid of arrow flight.

22-Aug-20

Heat's Link
That's normal. Archer's paradox really doesn't exist on a center shot bow. The archer's paradox refers to the arrow pointing slightly left on a recurve or longbow before draw but the arrow coming out straight on release.

22-Aug-20
I have never shot fingers or trad much. Except first year I bow hunted in high school shot fingers and messed around a little with a recurve. So my question is would what heat is saying not also apply when shooting fingers? Seem like with fingers on a trad bow or compound you would be getting that side to side with the string as it is released. Not suggesting that just asking the question.

22-Aug-20
Absolutely, because you are torquing the arrow shaft against the rest as the fingers roll off the string. Aids like a Berger button help some, but no way around it. Carbons recover much quicker than woods or aluminum though.

22-Aug-20
Thanks guys...

• Sitka Gear