Shaft2Long 22-Aug-20
Lucas 22-Aug-20
JohnMC 22-Aug-20
JohnMC 22-Aug-20
Shaft2Long 22-Aug-20
Grey Ghost 22-Aug-20
JohnMC 22-Aug-20
22-Aug-20
So last night I finally got around to purchasing the OnX system. I've seen all kinds of tutorials on waypoints and distance and elevation lines. Looking for this or that in the unit of choice.

What I have not seen and have been unable to find even in the OnX tutorials is simply how to get to your unit in the first place. I can admit to not being very tech savvy, I could have simply missed this somewhere but I can't find that info.

If a guy lived in NM and had a tag for a unit in NM, how does he get to that unit to begin the scouting? I tried putting my unit in the search bar...nothing. I put a town close to the unit in the search bar and then followed roads until I got somewhere in the unit but that seems very inefficient and time consuming. I had assumed a unit breakdown or unit map or list of some sort would be on the app. I would click and a satellite image or some sort of small scale image would appear and you could then start zooming in on unit features.

Can somebody give me a link or an explanation of how to get to the various units?

Thank you.

22-Aug-20
Check the layer tab, find New Mexico, add the layers you think you will need.

22-Aug-20
This is CO but I assume NM is the same. Click the Map Layers, choose NM then click to turn on GMUs. It will show boundaries of all game units. You will have to pan to your unit but should know where in state it is located. Put a waypoint in unit will make it easier to find in future. I'll post a screenshot from phone in a bit.

22-Aug-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
This is what it looks with CO

22-Aug-20
Im a huge jackass.

I have the layers on that I want.

I didn't "scroll out" the view big enough to see the units. Geez, feel like an idiot.

Thanks guys for the answers.

22-Aug-20
As Lucas said, there will be a GMU map layer for NM. Turn it on. Then, either scroll to your unit, or enter a well known mountain peak, creek, or any marked location, that's within the unit in the search bar, and the app will zoom you right to that location.

Matt

22-Aug-20
This is what it looks with CO

• Sitka Gear