cnelk 23-Aug-20
Skippy 24-Aug-20
Skippy 31-Aug-20
Glunt@work 31-Aug-20
TD 31-Aug-20
>>>---WW----> 01-Sep-20
Glunt@work 05-Sep-20
23-Aug-20
I need to replace my Arkansas stones and want to go with diamond ones. I found a set called “ultra sharp 3 pack” from best sharpening stones out of Texas. Any reviews of these or opinions? Will be using them combined with a kme Broadhead Sharpener.

Craig

23-Aug-20
At present I am using a DMT DuoSharp with 600 micron on one side and 375 micron on the other side. I have the plastic stand to hold the sharpener. I like it.

23-Aug-20
I bought a pair of 11" diamond stones from Cabelas years ago for sharpening snuffer broadheads. A medium and a fine. They will last long beyond me and make sharpening broadheads each year a snap. In fact, for a time, I was selling pre-sharpened snuffers just for the fun of it. Guessing I made about $10 an hour. Definitely not worth it from a time standpoint but I enjoyed doing it while I watched pre-season football. Speaking of which, sharpening my own is going to suck this year without football to watch while I'm doing it. :)

A medium and a fine will do you great but the longer stones are much better to work with and worth a little extra in my opinion.

23-Aug-20
Thanks for the input.

23-Aug-20
Can’t go wrong with diamond stones. Water is a lot less messy than oil also.

23-Aug-20
I bought a diamond stone for my Gatco sharpener but I still prefer the fine stone.

24-Aug-20

31-Aug-20

31-Aug-20
I also have one of those big Cabelas diamond stones. I like sharpening stuff.

31-Aug-20
11" DMT Duosharp. Great stone, I think mine is 600 one side 1200 the other. If I need to use anything coarser to form an edge etc I use a Ken Onion Work Sharp and finish it with the Duosharp. With the 1200 I really don't strop anything anymore. If 1200 isn't fine enough I don't need it sharper.

I saw a Walmart online ad searching on duckduck once and they said they had a Duosharp Plus in an Adult Uni-sex size.... Not a clue what they might sharpen with it.....

01-Sep-20
DMT fine diamond is all you will ever need. Diamonds will never dish out like stones will.

05-Sep-20

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Teaching my 14 year old to put an edge on when we came in for lunch.

• Sitka Gear