12yards 24-Aug-20
Norseman 24-Aug-20
Bowfreak 24-Aug-20
x-man 24-Aug-20
Geewhiz 24-Aug-20
23-Aug-20

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
12 yards, just coming up over the rise. You’re at full draw. Shoot or pass? If you shoot, pick your spot.

I screen shot this from a YouTube video. The guy didn’t shoot but waited until the bull spooked and tried to shoot it as the bull spun to run away. He shot right under its belly. Funny that the guy would pick a moving, spinning elk over a stationary full frontal shot.

23-Aug-20
Between the blue and the yellow though the blue would be great. I have taken that shot twice and both times ended in very short blood trails.

23-Aug-20
Blue

23-Aug-20
I’d say in the middle of the blue, yellow, and light green dots.

23-Aug-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

23-Aug-20
Ucs, what video is it from? Would like to watch it.

I’m shooting between blue and green

23-Aug-20
Between blue and yellow. Took this shot at eleven steps in 2018. Bull only made it 70 yards before sliding down the mountain.

23-Aug-20
1-1/2" to the right of blue!

ElkNut

23-Aug-20
Blue is def best option. He is quartering so needs to enter left of center.

23-Aug-20
Shooting but I think I would aim between the blue and the white looking dot below it.

23-Aug-20
A smallish target, but devastating results. I've never shot an elk with that one, but have many close in whitetails. They don't go far. On those shots, for me, it's gotta be a perfect set up regarding range, body positioning, and the critter not aware of my presence.

There's an incredible YouTube video with an elk shot like this...I'm sure most of y'all have seen it.

23-Aug-20
The one where the kid shoots full frontal and the bull just stands there pumping blood out onto the log. Like what just happened , feeling tingling in my chest & light headed .

Left lower edge blue dot. Pack out shot.

23-Aug-20
Let him grow. Too small :)

Gotta be 471”

23-Aug-20

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I ain’t a very good shot anymore.........:-(

23-Aug-20
Between the red and yellow.

23-Aug-20
7 O’clock on the edge of the blue. That bull is slightly quartered.

23-Aug-20

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

23-Aug-20
I shot a bull last year exactly on the blue dot. He wasn’t completely straight on but quartering to very hard. Hit exactly where I was aiming at 30 yards. Arrow sank in to the wrap. My arrows are 31 inches overall with a seven inch wrap so there was 24 inches of shaft in him. Was on track to exit the far side mid ham had it been a pass through. Bull took off and ran 200 yards across a flat and into the bottom of a draw. Minutes later I saw him walking up a trail on the other side into some timber. At that point he was 2-300 yards up the hill. No blood. No broken arrow. Never found him. Went back looking for birds days later with no luck either. As good of an idea as it sounds, I probly won’t do that again. I think everybody has seen the video of that kid shooting that bull in the jugular and everybody thinks that’s what’s going to happen.

23-Aug-20
@Glunt

I did that same shot back in 2002. My Bowstring caught my call lanyard. Never forget that one.

23-Aug-20
I did that shot on a raghorn trying kill my first elk. No equipment issue, probably just staring at his antlers.

23-Aug-20
I shot a giant buck when I was 12 with a rifle. My dad thought I killed it because it stumbled. It stumbled because I shot it in the horn. I feel ya glunt. My dad estimated him at 36” wide. I still have the image of that buck bounding away stuck in my mind 27 years later. Seemed like his horns stuck out a foot past his body on each side. Smh...

24-Aug-20
20 yard pin left edge of the white dot.

24-Aug-20
Gotta say, I’m with x-man on this one. Upper left edge (10 o’clock) of the white dot.

24-Aug-20
If I was already at full draw, bottom right corner of the blue. Otherwise, no shot because he's pegged me and I can't get drawn.

24-Aug-20
Glunt for the WIN! LOLOLOL

24-Aug-20
UCS I watched the same video and thought he was a dumb*ss for trying what he did. I'd take the frontal all day long

24-Aug-20
Don't shoot me!!! I'm a human!

24-Aug-20
LMAO at Glunt! I would aim blue, dig out my phone, and search "how to do Euromount".

24-Aug-20
Blue

24-Aug-20
Geewhiz,

I suspect you didn't hit exactly on the blue dot. You would have had a dead elk.

24-Aug-20
This shot should never be attempted beyond 20 yards in my opinion. Even 20 is a stretch.

24-Aug-20
I’m telling you man, I’m not blowing smoke. I suspect he is dead. Somewhere. I was baffled, as was my dad who was 10 yards behind me and watched the whole thing go down. I don’t have an explanation. Clear shot with no interferences, I saw where I hit.

• Sitka Gear