Z Barebow 25-Aug-20
ElkNut1 25-Aug-20
jdbbowhunter 25-Aug-20
maxracx 25-Aug-20
Brotsky 25-Aug-20
Brotsky 25-Aug-20
24-Aug-20

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Here's Trey with gramps (me) & his Dad with his Dad's bull.
Here's Trey with gramps (me) & his Dad with his Dad's bull.
Here's Trey & I as I root through a pack looking for a knife, I want him to help out!
Here's Trey & I as I root through a pack looking for a knife, I want him to help out!
I'm very excited to be hunting with my grandson this year, it will be his first year archery elk hunting! Wow, all I can say & think is Wow, I'm so damn excited!

Trey (my grandson) is a trooper, he'll do his best & I hope his Dad & I can come through for him, we just want to make sure he has an opportunity plus have a great time & enjoy what an elk hunt is all about when it's Him who's holding the bow!

He's been on two archery hunts with his Dad & I & both times his Dad arrowed a bull while standing inches from his Dad! So cool!

Trey was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 2 years ago so hasn't been able to hunt with us until this year. He's been practicing up a storm with mostly his Dad, I've been there on a couple of practices & he's shooting great out to 40 yards. He shoots a Hoyt at 45# with a 400 grain arrow tipped with an Iron will broadhead, he's well equipped!

For Paul Jr & I this his time & his hunt, we will bust our butts for him to have a good time & have his chances on an Idaho OTC elk hunt!

Our hunt starts Aug 30th, that's this Sunday! I'm heading out that way Wednesday to help get base camp set up & do a bit more scouting as we await the opener! Please wish him luck!

ElkNut/Paul

24-Aug-20
Best of luck to Trey! What a great way to spend your September, with your son and grandson hunting elk with bow and arrow!

24-Aug-20
Awesome stuff Paul, way to get the kiddos involved. Best of luck to all three of you!

24-Aug-20
Certainly best best wishes, and great job!

24-Aug-20
Looks like my son and I, about 30 years ago. He and I are headed to New Mexico Sept 18, to chase bulls for five days.

24-Aug-20
Get'em Trey!

24-Aug-20
Good luck Trey. Very cool.

24-Aug-20
I'm so jealous of Trey,to be able to walk in you and your son footprints. Good luck guys.

24-Aug-20
I would not bet against him, he is on a winning team! Good luck for all you

24-Aug-20
Good luck!

24-Aug-20
That's great, Paul. Best of luck to the three of you. Enjoy it.

24-Aug-20
Paul ,my grandson rj is a type 1 diabetic. His picture is in the pronghorn success, his first bowhunt for anything but white tails. You don’t have to tell me what a trooper your grandson is and I’m rooting for him more than you know.

24-Aug-20
Guys, thanks so much!

Dale, they grow up so fast don't they! Thank you!

Randy, that's awesome, what a great accomplishment for him, good luck to him on his future hunts! Thank You!

ElkNut/Paul

24-Aug-20
Good luck!

24-Aug-20
He’s learned from one of the best. Good luck Trey - hope to see a story soon!

25-Aug-20
Paul, enjoy every minute of your time with your grandson, time flies by, you are going to blink and he'll be in his 20's.

Agree with others, he couldn't have a better teaching duo than you and your son. Hopefully you get his kill shot and facial expressions on film to share with us.

My Grand-kids are 16 & 19 and live out of state so my wife and I don't get to see them very often. Bob

25-Aug-20
Paul - no better hunting than hunting with family. 3 generations, that’s awesome family time right there. I’m experiencing that 3 generation hunting thing now - although I’m not the old guy :-) ....... yet

Good hunting to you and I look forward to your story.

-Mitch

25-Aug-20
I know the feeling. Son, Daughter & 2 G-sons to share my love of Bowhunting & 4 other family members involved in archery. It just gets better.

25-Aug-20
Good luck Trey! Whether he's successful or not, the memories are unbeatable. But you already know that ;)

As a compete aside; as much as we want to be there while our kids/grandkids succeed, let's never underestimate the joy they have of being there and watching us succeed. They love us just like we love them. Those memories Trey has of watching his dad get an elk are already super amazing. You guys can do no wrong! Great work gramps!

25-Aug-20
Good luck to all of you, Paul !

25-Aug-20
Good luck to you all! Go get em!

25-Aug-20
Good luck to Trey and the Paul's! When my 18 month old grandson becomes of age, I hope to pass on the torch also. ( I would love to cook a tenderloin from his first elk over an open fire) Take care and have fun Elknut!

25-Aug-20
Thank you guys! I hear ya about building memories & just flat enjoy ourselves! I appreciate all the kind words too! We wish all you guys the best of luck as well, build those memories of your own!

Yes, I will do my best to take as many photos as possible, truth be known I'm pretty much camera/video challenged! (grin)

Scoot, sent you a PM!

ElkNut/Paul

25-Aug-20
Good luck Trey! Truth is dad n grandpa are more excited than Trey. What its all about carrying on tradition. Enjoy every minute of it!

25-Aug-20
Awesome!!!! Family first!!!!

25-Aug-20
That's what it's all about Paul! Can't wait to see Trey's smile behind a big old bull. Enjoy the memories you guys are sure to make!

25-Aug-20

• Sitka Gear