APauls 09-Sep-20
rattling_junkie 09-Sep-20
elkmtngear 09-Sep-20
tobywon 09-Sep-20
WV Mountaineer 09-Sep-20
elkmtngear 09-Sep-20
Bill in MI 11-Sep-20
25-Aug-20
I've been a drop away guy now for years, had a few minor issues but nothing major. Recently my qad hdx got a little sticky in the down position so I sent it off for warranty. During this time I through a whisker biscuit on my vxr31.5 and decided to order a hamskea trinity hunter pro. Of course the biscuit tuned with ease. Got the hamskea last week, tuned super easy. Next day after a good warm up I shot some broadheads, to my surprise they are impacting right? So back to the paper, now I am getting a left tear, wtf? I couldn't get rid it, spent about 3 hours and did everything I could think of, so I tore the hamskea off and through cheap biscuit on and bullet holes and bh's impacting with fp's. After inspecting the hamskea I noticed the arm that holds the launcher had a shit ton of play, as it turns out the rest wasn't assembled properly and a snap ring wasn't in the groove allowing for this movement. This rest cost me $300 CAD, now it will collect dust Long story short, i should've learned after tuning multiple biscuits for buddies that they work incredibly, easiest rest to tune, same accuracy , and I saw no loss of speed with my 485gr arrow, exact same speed. And the biggest advantage is nothing to go wrong!

Only thing I don't like is the biscuit is a little loud on the draw, not a big deal for elk and moose hunting but a whitetail may hear it at close range.

25-Aug-20
Been a fan since I started bowhunting. Easy as it gets!

25-Aug-20
PM sent.

25-Aug-20
I purchased a new bow with 50lb limbs to hunt cold weather with for deer. Did not want to spend a lot of money so I installed a whisker biscuit myself. Been so pleased I would install one on my other bows if I wasn't so cheap.

But I admit I am not a tuning guru like many here and my whitetail range is usually 15-20 yards.

25-Aug-20
Any chance you can return the Hamskea? For a super high end rest like that to have those issues, one would assume they would help you out given you only had it a few days?

Biscuit's are good for sure though!

25-Aug-20
I also didn't like my arrow bouncing around when the launcher pops up, if i draw super smooth it doesn't but if i yank it back it does, nock isn't pinched

25-Aug-20
yeah , gotta $900 bow with a wb on it.

25-Aug-20
I wish $900, try $1400cad. If the biscuit didn't prove itself i wouldn't use it.i know one thing forsure, i dont like limb driven rests,ive owned limb drivers, smackdowns and now Hamskea, i will stick with a qad on my deer hunting bow!

25-Aug-20
I always thought it was funny how guys complain about mechanical heads with moving parts and are constantly saying to keep it simple and go with fixed blades and they don't do the same with moving parts associated with a drop away rest. I'm not saying that they are bad rests, just an observation. I love my WB. I know someone will come on and tell me there is no comparison….lol

25-Aug-20
I am a K.I.S.S. Principle kind of guy......................... switched from a TM Hunter prong style rest many, many moons ago to a Biscuit. If it ain;t broke........................................;-)

25-Aug-20
I am glad it is working for you carcus. Nobody can argue with you when it comes to putting animals down consistently. Whisker Biscuit or whatever, you'll get it done.

25-Aug-20
WB dude here also. I am not going to Vegas to compete, ever. I just suck in comparison to those guys, however, I can kill animals and the WB does everything I need it to do flawlessly.

25-Aug-20
QAD has worked wonderfully for the last 4 years in all conditions (snow, rain, sleet, wind, cold, hot) in Wisconsin. It's been far more reliable than I would have guessed.

25-Aug-20
On the flip side, there was a thread not too long ago in which the OP couldn't get his bow to tune with a WB, no matter what he tried. He installed a drop away rest, and had his bow tuned in no time. I've had similar experiences as he did with WBs.

Bottom line is, If it works for you, use it. I'll never put a WB on my bow, again, but that's just my 2 cents and a pocket full of lint.

Matt

25-Aug-20
tobywon, do you use a compound bow? Or stick and string? ;^P

25-Aug-20
12 yards, I shoot both. As I said above, I just find it ironic that we hear more negative about something mechanical when it comes to broadheads and virtually nothing with arrow rests. Again, I have nothing against either.

25-Aug-20
I shot a wb for a long time then switched to a quad. I like the quad but really miss the wb. I’m thinking of putting it back on and going down to 65lbs or maybe even 60lbs.

25-Aug-20
WB for me.

25-Aug-20
I think a drop away might be slightly better with fixed heads at longer distance, im still looking forward to a mech strong enough for elk and moose, sevr is close but im not crazy about the swing blades

25-Aug-20
Ripcord on five different bows over the years. If it ain’t broke........

25-Aug-20
Aw hell, just shoot ‘em off the shelf!

Need a little more clearance, a rasp followed by a little spar varnish and you’re back in business.

Usually need a little extra in the sight window to let me use a bigger head... a few strips of leather and some glue and get that arrow to fly perfect!

Don’t over think it. Just gotta get that arrow down range;-)

Go get ‘em!

26-Aug-20
Love my WB's and have used them on all my bows for the past twenty years or so. I have only been able to hear the arrow being drawn on a very quiet day when I was shooting some arrows that a semi-smooth surface when I was using a biscuit that was a snug fit. Since going to Beman carbons several years ago, zero noise I could detect.

26-Aug-20
Ha ha, I may be one of the guys responsible for this lol. Don’t worry about the down range shots Jason. My BH’s are more accurate then FP’s once I get to 70 and beyond.

WB’s. Simple and they flat out work.

27-Aug-20
Well I will put my foot in my mouth, I found over the last 2 days that my broadhead flight past 30 was inconstant, especially at 50 and out, my bow is super tuned, they wouldn't even hit the same spot so nothing I could fix, out of frustration I put the hamskea back on and problem solved. A better shooter probably wouldn't have this issue but no doubt the drop away is more forgiving at distance with broadheads. Last minute fix, now time to pack up and go chase elk!

27-Aug-20
carcus, you discovered the same results as I, and this was the reason a few years back I finally switched out from the WB to a good quality fall-away. And that was after being a die-hard WB user for many years. Never could get genuine true dart-like arrow flight with FBBH, which was most noticeable at longer ranges of 50-100 yards. I think it's due to either the heavy fletching contact, or the sensitivity of this style rest to subtle shooting form errors (grip). Or both.

28-Aug-20
I have used Hamskeas for years now and I know several very good archers who do so as well. If you have issues with it, send it back. They will make it right. You can't get a better rest. They work flawlessly for me in temperatures to -30F. Nothing against the WB. I have used them in the past. They have their place but if you want a super tuned bow, I would use a drop away and they don't get better than Hamskea.

28-Aug-20
Glad the WB works for some. Been using a rip cord ( on five different bows) for 10+ years, and will continue to do so.

28-Aug-20
I always catch crap from friends about my biscuit love but as states above.....its just works and it works right

31-Aug-20
Yesterday a good buddy came over to shoot a few arrows, he has a brand new bisquit, just before he drew back I noticed that the arrow had pushed down into the bristles so he drew back and it stayed there, not good, I consider this a failure. He said he missed the target at home the day before on a shot that felt good, low and right. Everyone beware of this, especially once you've nocked a arrow and have to move to make a shot happen

31-Aug-20
I've never had an arrow fall or push down into the bristles. If you pay attention when loading the arrow I don't understand how that could happen.

31-Aug-20
When I shot the biscuit it seemed that after a while my bow would need to be retuned, I attributed it to wear on the bristles, I don’t know if that’s what was happening but I do know that I had to retune more often than I do with the qad. If I was only hunting in sub 40 yard situations I’d still be running it.

31-Aug-20
Consistent... the biscuit is not... Ed F

04-Sep-20
QAD. Use the silencing material that comes with it, then a short (1/2") piece of heat shrink tubing over the tips of the forks. Set it up to move into shooting position in the last inch of draw. Very quiet and no fletching contact.

05-Sep-20
I prefer to minimize fletching contact not maximize it

05-Sep-20
Mmm, biscuits and gravy...

06-Sep-20
"Yesterday a good buddy came over to shoot a few arrows, he has a brand new bisquit, just before he drew back I noticed that the arrow had pushed down into the bristles so he drew back and it stayed there, not good, I consider this a failure. He said he missed the target at home the day before on a shot that felt good, low and right. Everyone beware of this, especially once you've nocked a arrow and have to move to make a shot happen" Guess what happened to this buddy yesterday, blew a easy shot on a elk, arrow had pushed into the bristles and he didn't notice, arrow went completely out of his sight! Not the most reliable rest, thats a big fail, huge fail! You should always check before you launch the arrow, but things happen fast while elk hunting and I could easily see myself not checking in the heat of the moment

06-Sep-20
Gut wrenching to experience that and gave it cost an elk. Wow

06-Sep-20
I've had several problems with QAD drop-away rests. I sent the last one back to QAD & they wouldn't repair it because it has Mathews etched on it althougt I sent the same rest to QAD several months ago (Failure to drop) and they charged me $35.00 to fix it. The rest was returned to me with the same problem. Was told by QAD that I have to contact Mathews to deal with the problem... I'm soooo done with QAD!.

06-Sep-20
I went from a QAD to a WB and just put another QAD on. Works great, but noticed a squeak at the beginning of my draw. I did some research and others have said FMJ’s and new felt in a rest tend to make a squeak. So I’m going to rough it up a tad and see if that helps. I don’t think it’s enough for a deer to sense, but it’s enough to get in my head.

06-Sep-20
Gut wrenching to experience that and gave it cost an elk. Wow

06-Sep-20
The qad's i had to send in they fixed free, both hdx's

09-Sep-20
The list of biscuit failures is a lot shorter than the list of drop-away failures.

09-Sep-20
I've never had a biscuit fail or a drop-away. Never had a mechanical broadhead fail or a fixed blade head. But from others experiences I will stay clear of the Biscuit. I'm just setting up the Hamskea Trinity today and it looks awesome.

09-Sep-20
"just before he drew back I noticed that the arrow had pushed down into the bristles so he drew back and it stayed there"

Only way I see this happening, is if the biscuit insert was "worn out"...easy to replace. I shoot heavy aluminums, and have never had this issue.

09-Sep-20
I agree elkmtngear, no way that happening without something being off. The black bristles, which are stiffer would prevent that. However, it sounds like something is off with his bow and as he draws back there is down force to the arrow. The arrow should be pulling straight back and have very little force on those bristles as he draws back.

09-Sep-20
For shorter ranges out to 40-50 yards, they work great and are the best compromise. But, if you intend to shoot farther, buy a quality drop away. Your accuracy from shot to shot will thank you later.

09-Sep-20
Exactly Paul...the arrow would have to be unnaturally rigid when nocked, and somehow maintain that force when the bow is drawn. If anything, the arrow should migrate to the center hole during the draw process, due to the stiff black bristles (unless the biscuit insert was in very bad shape).

11-Sep-20
Agree with tobywon and elkmtngear, there has to be extreme downforce on the arrow during the draw cycle, at rest, or both for that to happen with a new WB. When I experimented with a WB it was with FBBH at 60+ yards where I noticed the inconsistency. A quality drop away reduced the effect of human induced error in my set up, in my hands at 60-80 yards. It was noticeable. I could not for the life of me tune that out with a WB. I'm OCD enough to care because it affects me mentally. Archery is so dynamically personal though that your mileage will greatly vary.

Bill in MI

• Sitka Gear