elkster 25-Aug-20
Hancock West 25-Aug-20
BULELK1 26-Aug-20
whipranger 26-Aug-20
whipranger 26-Aug-20
Hancock West 26-Aug-20
ahunter76 26-Aug-20
25-Aug-20
Anyone have experience hunting sheep at White Elk Ranch in Trenton Nebraska? Not a debate on high fence because this is a HIGH FENCE operation. Just looking for a good outfit to hunt sheep with until I serve my 20+years of failed draws.

25-Aug-20
Sorry to be a sheep snob but this belongs in the exotics forum. You'll get more informed, better responses on that forum. Good luck in your search.

25-Aug-20
Why would you pay them $30,000 to hunt a sheep in a high fence when for the same money you could go on a real sheep and get the experience of a real sheep hunt. Whatever floats your boat. But if your reason for looking at this is you know your odds of draw a tag. Spend the money to go sheep hunting where they are wild.

25-Aug-20
You could probably do 2 Alaska Dall sheep hunts for those prices. You can 100% tell by just looking at those "sheep" they are not wild. I would say 90% of actually getting a sheep or goat or whatever you want is about the adventure of the hunt and not just shooting a sheep to have one to display.

25-Aug-20
good call kscowboy, i'll repost on exotics.. John, i wish i had 30k to blow on a sheep hunt. If i did i'd have already killed one. I've got myself and my two boys in the draws but that could take 2 decades or more... He offers a trophy red sheep hunt for under 5k. 5k is still alot for myself which is why i'm asking questions. Will it be a truly wild hunt? No probably not but 20year is a long time to wait.

25-Aug-20
Hancock West, enjoy your hunt, whatever you decide. I went after Dall sheep in the NWT about 12 years ago. I think it was $14 grand, back then. It was a rifle hunt, and I shot one. Today’s sheep hunts as most who are interested, know are substantially more expensive. I could swing the money if I wanted to hunt them, but there is no way in hell I’m dropping $25-60 grand for a sheep hunt. There’s lots of other hunts or things to spend less.

25-Aug-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I saw the 30k for the sheep you can draw, Big Horn, Dall, and Stone. If you think you will get your money worth for it do it. Not sure what part of the sheep hunt you dream of if it is hanging a sheep on the wall this would do it I guess. But if it is hunting high in the mountain, I think you could spend the 5K and do a mule deer above tree line hunt and have a awesome similar experience. I drew a sheep tag last year it and has soon as it was over I was wanting to do it again and the stone and dall hunts prices keep me from do it. I spent time this summer up in the mountains with a goal of getting a great picture of sheep from within bow range that another way to "hunt" them. Good luck with whatever you choose.

25-Aug-20
Coues and Aoudad hunts are as close as you can get to sheep hunting for the money. I'd really consider these hunts over what you are considering.

25-Aug-20
Agree with Kscowboy. I've been on 2 aoudad sheep hunts. These were great sheep hunts you could do with your high fence red sheep budget. Just an idea. Not bashing any high fence stuff.

25-Aug-20

25-Aug-20
Its a bit more than just the draw or financial part. I was trying to stay in the midwest and avoid mountains and long travels. My father has inner ear problems which get worse on long rides, flights or when hes just changing elevations. He'll start spinning and the hunt will be over with in a hurry. Different meds, diet, & exercises haven't helped really. So we were looking for a hunt within 10hours from home without hunting the mountains or even crossing them. So sheep hunting with my old man in the mountains just isnt in the cards but some parts of texas maybe an option. Thanks for your thoughts guys

25-Aug-20

25-Aug-20

25-Aug-20
That may be a good option, based on your criteria. Make sure to ask about the size of the hunt area, terrain, any extra fees for trophy size, tipping, bow friendly, etc.

Good luck!

25-Aug-20
You have explained your reasons for paying for this. I hope you enjoy time spent with family. Would you be willing to answer a question which may help enlighten me? Is there any specie that would be off limits to hunt when its more that a 1,000 miles and/or 10,000 ft elevation from its current, natural habitat? For example, would a moose hunt in Florida seem equal? My perspective may need some adjustment.

25-Aug-20
No I don't think i can enlighten you anymore than you already are. Im sure youll agree. The question was has anyone hunted with White Elk Ranch in Trenton NE?

26-Aug-20

BULELK1's Link
WoW!

Talk about some Species to choose from-------->

Neat looking country, never would have thought that was Neb.

Whatever ya decide,

Enjoy,

Robb

26-Aug-20
I worked at White Elk Ranch for 20+ years what do want to know

26-Aug-20

whipranger's embedded Photo
Some of the rams
whipranger's embedded Photo
Some of the rams

26-Aug-20
Whipranger thats great to hear. What is your overall opinion of the ranch and its game? Are the pictures on the website good representations of what youll see? What is the best time to go for a solid ram. Are the rams fairly wild?

26-Aug-20
go to Texasbowhunter.com message board. Go to rate the day lease & ASK your questions. These fellas will give you straight information on hunting HF & or free range various Exotics including Aoudads. I had 2 friends hunt them free range in Texas & had an awesome hunt. I have bowhunted HF in Tx & had a great fun time. 1200 & 4000 acres Ranches. A lot less money for sure & plenty of fun with family/friends.

• Sitka Gear