oilcan 25-Aug-20
Medicinemann 25-Aug-20
Grey Ghost 25-Aug-20
Kurt 26-Aug-20
aimlow 26-Aug-20
Medicinemann 26-Aug-20
IdyllwildArcher 26-Aug-20
25-Aug-20
Getting ready for my sheep hunt a few weeks ago, my spotting scope was no where to be found. It ended up being in the wrong state.

Anyways, I had no choice but to buy a new one for my hunt. The problem is, I prefer angled and the only one available was straight. So now I'm looking to trade a once-used Swaro 65mm ATS straight spotter with case for an angled. It's in perfect shape and I didn't scratch it or anything. It barely got used because I didn't see any rams.

I'll take an even relatively old Swaro in angled variety so long as the glass/focus is like new - I don't care if the case is scratched.

I'm also selling a Vortex Razor HD 65mm spotter that is angled, since I now have two spotters. It does have a few scratches on the case that were not from dropping it, but from sliding it along jagged rock trying to not give myself up to a sheep that was close. The glass is in brand new condition.

25-Aug-20
Man, I'd take your straight one if I didn't already have one. Curious why you like the angled.

Matt

25-Aug-20
Depending on how soon you need it I could do that trade. I have the angled it’s currently at Swavorski shop for some minor cosmetic work. I planned on selling it when I got it back, I could never get comfortable with the angle after having a straight one for years. I’m leaving Thursday for Wyoming Antelope should be home around the 7th let me know if you would be interested.

25-Aug-20
Matt, I prefer the angled over the straight....if you're glassing sheep, I have found it to be easier on the neck. Additionally, by rotating the scope 90 degrees (within the mounting ring), you can use it as a straight scope (in a y-axis sense). I'm pretty confident that this is a 50/50 personal preference type of decision.

25-Aug-20
Jake, I get it. Most of my spotting is done on on level or downhill slopes. And I do a lot of spotting from my truck. So, a straight is the obvious choice for me.

Matt

26-Aug-20
As long as the angled scope has a rotating barrel like the Swaro does, you can use it easily on a window mount. I much prefer the angled scope for glassing sheep when sitting on my butt against a rock or the pack. More ergonomic for me and allows the use of a lower more stable tripod set up. You also can use it with the objective lens poked out along side a boulder with the eye piece turned toward you while you hide behind the boulder and glass the rams. But they take a bit of getting used to finding things...the little sight tube helps a bunch on the Swaro.

26-Aug-20
Swarovski, can change eye piece to angle might take some time Located road island 800-426-3089

26-Aug-20
Kurt, I couldn't agree more....without that little sighting "tube" it would probably take me several more minutes to locate things.....

26-Aug-20
I have a bad neck from a snow boarding accident when I was 16. My neck likes to be forward and bent down.

I'm definitely interested oilcan. I'm just about to head to WY and get home on the 7th. I don't have a big need for it the rest of the year so I don't have a timeline.

• Sitka Gear