jordanathome 27-Aug-20
grizz 27-Aug-20
drycreek 27-Aug-20
ahunter76 27-Aug-20
Woods Walker 27-Aug-20
26-Aug-20
Asking for a friend.......

26-Aug-20
3 days and then turn inside out. 3 more days. :)

26-Aug-20
No underwear then they last forever and its more ultralight

26-Aug-20
Go for at least 8...

26-Aug-20
2 days. 3 if I'll be at the car on the third day.

27-Aug-20
4-in-out-fore-aft.

27-Aug-20
If your friend will be eating Mountain House, have him/her bring one more pair than he/she thinks they will need.

27-Aug-20
At my age...depends !!

Joe

27-Aug-20
LOL, Went back packing in with a guy that liked spicy meals, So he bought all the spicy meals from various companies. By day three he was afraid to craw into tent.......

27-Aug-20
Commandos kill more elk ;-)

27-Aug-20
If commando, then the question becomes "how many pairs of pants?"

27-Aug-20
IMO....change them out frequently (or wash them) if you're sweating and sleeping in them. Bacteria and funk builds up, irritates the skin, and ya don't need crotch rot in da' bush.

27-Aug-20
Undies, daily. I like to keep the “boys” happy.

27-Aug-20
If you get some merino wool boxers you can run those for a few days. I am aware that it is a bit disgusting, but I figure its OK to be uncivilized while in the mountains. Also you can rinse them in the creek, wring them out and they dry quick if you hang them in the sun. Just lay over a tree branch.

Even after 3 or 4 days in the same ones I still smell better than the hippie hikers I meet on the trail in colorado.

Or maybe I just can't smell myself.

27-Aug-20
Seven. Unless hunting solo... then we'll stretch it out a bit.

27-Aug-20

27-Aug-20
^ ^ ^ Coming from you “Dirty D” that makes sense (or scents) lol

27-Aug-20
7 days. I got used to fighting wildland fires on a crew. Where your getting sweaty and dirty everyday and no shower. 14 days of that. I usually did a underwear swap half way thru.

When I go hunting it seems like a clean walk in the park in comparison. Don’t get near as sweaty and dirty

27-Aug-20
2-3, same for T-shirt’s, pants and over clothes go longer

27-Aug-20
For 12/14 day hunt I’ll take one extra pair.

27-Aug-20
With proper manscaping(meaning clearing of the brush around the twig and berries, and complete deforestation of the canyon) and use of hygiene products 1 pair can easily last a week especially on rotation with a thong while in camp that allows the swamp to drain!!!!

27-Aug-20
I cut my tighty-whities off once when antelope hunting in the Mo. river badlands, the buck was laying down and I start to flag him with my skivvies. He did get up and circled around me but came up behind me on a bern where I could not pull the shot off, last day of the hunt and last day for the skivvies, desperation will make one do strange things.

27-Aug-20
OMG! Too good....too funny. I was missing some of the annual threads before the hunt...ya'll seem subdued....... Thanks from my "friend"......on a serious note....yes to merino and SAXX are on my cheeks daily. Well not so much in COVID WFH but hell who needs undies when you where pajamas all day?!

27-Aug-20
This thread makes me uncomfortable :)

All I will comment is that after a luggage loss incident, I once wore a pair of Duluth Buck Naked underwear for 14 straight days before I took them off and rinsed them out, then wore them 3 more days after that :) I think my nose had adapted at that point, but they didn't smell too bad :)

27-Aug-20
Two words....merino wool.

Matt

27-Aug-20
When I pickin I take two pair of exoffico 2.0. I can wear them off on for 14 days. They dry supper fast and have something in them to keep the smell down. I've had wool and these for me are way better, comfy. If I come to a creek I can wash them and their dry in about a hour or less.. In seriousness when I leave for my pack in, I will lift the boys and put a little antiperspirant in the leg creases. I've never had an problems doing it and boy does it help. Day two I bet 80% reduction. Day 3 still working. But you can always add more.

27-Aug-20
totally dependent on your level of man-scaping which someone should start a thread on . I am sure that has never been done.

27-Aug-20
The day I get a brazilian to assist with my hunting is the day I quit hunting. Only if I was making the movie "Fred does Unit 7". I never have to go too long without a change of clothes since I only hunt the mountains of Virginia an NC.

27-Aug-20
Justin, I can go a long time, but after 14 days I'm not thinking swapping..... more along the lines of a wooden stake through the old ones and burn em just to make sure.....

And if the creeks are ice cold enough.... thongs are pretty much unnecessary.....

27-Aug-20
2 days 3 at most. I like the Duluth Trading...no sweat, no stink!

27-Aug-20
Elk season cannot come soon enough.

27-Aug-20
You need to ask Rand (BigFin) how many it takes after eating chili. LOL

27-Aug-20
You gotta be careful about your chili intake if you’re gonna minimize your back up undies!

Have done several long hunts (10+ days) with minimal/no spare clothes. The saving grace are the scent killer wipes - a quick scrub down every day and one for cleaning the backside after business and not bad at all!

No matter what you do, you're going to smell bad to the animals so that’s not critical.

27-Aug-20

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo

27-Aug-20
If they make that funky Velcro sound when you take them off, well that’s too long.

27-Aug-20
Just did a 14 day sheep hunt on one pair.

If you buy a very thin synthetic pair of underwear, you can douse them in a creek and wring them out a couple times and not only do they dry quickly, but it gets them pretty darn clean.

27-Aug-20
Just rinse them out upstream of your buddy filtering his water if you want a laugh

27-Aug-20
Give Exofficio Brand a look.

27-Aug-20
Damn Grizz....that is SO wrong..........

27-Aug-20
That’s what my wife said!

27-Aug-20
I’ve suspected for some time that you guys were crazy and way tougher than me. That has now been confirmed !

27-Aug-20
Did anybody mention wet wipes?

I take only the pair I wear when backpacking. Firstlite merino wool. Maybe I have a tight sphincter, but a daily wet wipe and I can easily get 5 days between washes, which is a few drops of campsuds or dawn dish soap in the creek and dried overnight. Do the same with my stocks, 2 pairs alternated every one to two days. I sleep in merino leggings and give the briefs a break too at night.

27-Aug-20
And you wonder why you got "smelled".

27-Aug-20
Whatever you bring just make sure they're white so you know when to change them!

• Sitka Gear