darkhollow1 27-Aug-20
Norseman 27-Aug-20
Norseman 27-Aug-20
Norseman 27-Aug-20
0hndycp 27-Aug-20
Darrell 28-Aug-20
Big John 28-Aug-20
27-Aug-20
Down to the final week of prep for what will most likely be my first and only elk hunt in Unit 38 Wyoming. I was able to visit the unit out of season prior to applying and feel like I have a pretty good plan A, B, C and several places marked to set up camp. Not knowing exactly what to expect when I arrive while season is actually open... Would love to hear any last minute advice anyone would be willing to share on this unit. Areas to avoid, areas to look into, good places to camp I may have overlooked, or just anything that might be helpful. Also curious if anyone has a good contact that could pack an elk out in the event I am successful in an extreme area I cannot pack out myself. Feel free to PM me. Thanks Again!

27-Aug-20

27-Aug-20
Pack a fly rod. Great unit. Good luck!

27-Aug-20
Pack a fly rod. Great unit. Good luck!

27-Aug-20
Don’t shoot one in an area you can’t pack it out of would be my advice! Have fun is most important and enjoy the beautiful country. Good luck

28-Aug-20
I had a blast there in 2013. I really think you could throw a dart at the map and find elk. We found them pretty much every place we tried. The main thing is just look at the map and get away from the roads 1/2 mile or more. (make sure there isn't a road on the other side as well) Hunting off the pavement can also be very good as few guys do that. Cover ground til you find fresh sign or hear bugles then have fun. I doubt I'll ever get back there but its beautiful country. Watch out for moose. I had one almost run me over on way back to my ATV one night in the dark. Might be the most real danger I have ever been in on an elk hunt.

28-Aug-20
We will see you there Darkhollow1, Best of luck!!!

• Sitka Gear