'Ike' (Phone) 13-Sep-22
smarba 13-Sep-22
'Ike' (Phone) 13-Sep-22
Treeline 13-Sep-22
pirogue 13-Sep-22
Mule Power 14-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
28-Aug-20
What am I missing? Searching online it doesn't appear the Swaro EL has any form of tripod mount that isn't a clunky wrap around strap thingee. Outdoorsmans appears to replace the hinge pivot with a nifty adapter, but is it true that Swaro EL isn't configured with a standard threaded hole for this purpose? Is there any other option?

Everything I read suggests the color & edge clarity of the EL may be worth the $ vs SLC but the SLCs have ability easily mount on a tripod...

28-Aug-20
One very slick mount for the EL is made by Kramer Designs. Whatever option you choose, if you are not using a tray to set the ELs in, you are going to have a pressed in pin replacing the factory hinge pin. There is no threaded hole on the ELs like the SLC.

28-Aug-20
I use the Swaro tripod adapter. It’s threaded but I don’t use the threads. By sheer luck I discovered that it snaps right into the spotting scope mount on my Bog Pod tripod. So now I easily go back and forth from binos to spotter. As a bonus the spotter mount has a handle which makes panning easier.

28-Aug-20
Mule you have me totally confused. How do you connect the adapter to the binos?

28-Aug-20
this's what I use for my Swarovski EL https://www.boghunt.com/pods/

28-Aug-20
Yes, and I do not care for how far forward the Outdoorsman stud is on the binocular. It causes you to have to adjust the tripod high much more dramatically as you are changing elevation as you glass than one that is mounted more toward the middle of the binocular like on the SLC.

28-Aug-20
Matt: I thought the exact same thing. A middle mount would be more desirable. Obviously the EL is just open air in the middle, so either the mount would need to have an extension or it would need to connect to one of the barrels (I've seen a Zeiss system that clamps around a barrel).

I've only just started considering upgrading to Swaro and it boggles my mind the EL isn't configured for a tripod mount...

28-Aug-20

Mule Power's embedded Photo
I’ll be darned I looked and it looks like they don’t sell this anymore. Maybe you can find an old one for sale somewhere.

28-Aug-20
Ah thx Mule, that contraption turned up in a few searches. Seems like there are a few units around here and there. Still, seems like an awfully clunky unit compared to a simple threaded stud that virtually every other bino comes with these days...

28-Aug-20
Yes it does!!! I always shook my head and thought.... Really Swarovski!

28-Aug-20
The outdoorsman stud works great.

28-Aug-20
I have an outdoorsmen stud pressed into my 12x els, works ex excellent

28-Aug-20
I googled the "outdoorsman stud" and it brought up a picture of me... ;0

28-Aug-20
JohnMC...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28-Aug-20

jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
The Outdoorsman EL stud and adapter .

28-Aug-20
JohnMC... haha lmao!

28-Aug-20

Treeline's Link
This tray type from Leupold looks like it would work pretty well.

Outdoorsman has another strap type that’s small and lightweight called a bino hand that is also pretty interesting but costs a lot more.

28-Aug-20
Thx Treeline. It seems either a clunky tray style or an expensive stud adapter system. That's what my searching turned up also. I guess I was just hoping the perfectionists on Bowsite had found a better way to skin a cat.

28-Aug-20
Yea. Been looking for a way to run my 10’s and 15’s and switch out.

28-Aug-20
I have the Swaro one also...Good, not great!

13-Sep-22
Mule, what power Bino’s are you using that with…? Have them for my EL 10’s was wondering if they’d fit the 12’s…

13-Sep-22

smarba's Link
I ended up making my own low profile, lightweight clamp. But I've since seen this product that looks pretty slick.

13-Sep-22
Interesting…Thanks Carl!

13-Sep-22
Hey, Carl,

I ended up doing the Outdoorsman retrofit on my 10’s and got their stud for my 15’s so I can run either of my binos off the same adaptor. Seems to work really well. I definitely like the Outdoorsman system better than the Swarovski tripod adapter! Never really liked it..

Seems like Swarovski would revamp the EL’s to include at least an attachment for a stud on the binos to use off a tripod…

13-Sep-22
I never understood why the Outdoorsman post(stud attachment) wasn’t slanted to situate the center of binos over the center of tripod. This would reduce the eyepiece circumference encountered in panning side to side, which reduces head and upper body movement. Plus you have to spread the binos to get it over the post, which then you have to remeld the barrels to focus into one image.

14-Sep-22
I’m using 10x42

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear