JL 31-Aug-20
No Mercy 31-Aug-20
Grubby 31-Aug-20
Brotsky 31-Aug-20
orionsbrother 31-Aug-20
29-Aug-20

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
Season is almost upon us..... I’ll be heading west to try my hand at spot and stalk hunting in some nasty badlands country. This will be my 3rd try in this area with very few close calls at racked bucks. It’s been ridiculously hard for me to figure out. Extremely rugged broken ground makes spotting difficult to say the least!

Anybody got any wisdom to share?

29-Aug-20
Are you stalking them feeding, or bedded? It's definitely tough to stalk them bedded this time of year in the open country because there are usually several bucks together. Ambushing them on travel routes to water or feed can be a good option. Normal to have a dozen blown stalks before one comes together. That's why I wait until closer to the rut to hunt the badlands now, so I can call-decoy them to me.

Might try riding up on them on an ebike with a handlebar-mounted Ultimate Predator decoy! ;-)

29-Aug-20
Well I’ll definitely try riding up on one with my decoy hat.....

This year I’ll definitely have the option of returning for the rut which I have never done, I really want to try get one in velvet.

29-Aug-20

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo

29-Aug-20

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
You should have said something, Grubby. I would have loaned you my Sitka blacktail hat! It’s only rated safe in winds up to 20mph, though ;-)

30-Aug-20
That would never work, there’s no Sitka black tails where I’m going. Definitely taxidermy quality though.

30-Aug-20
looks more like a kangaroo!

30-Aug-20
G'luck, Josh! That country is way fun. I need to get back there.

31-Aug-20

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
This glassing point sucks...... One more day of work!!

31-Aug-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Looking at those funny looking hats....I coincidentally came across this today and thought of this thread. Some handy individual could gin up a hat using this.

31-Aug-20
Good luck man-pretty dry out there this year.

31-Aug-20
I’ll bring extra Busch light

31-Aug-20
Good luck buddy! Looking forward to seeing a dead buck!

31-Aug-20
You can do it.

• Sitka Gear