Bowmania 03-Sep-20
RK 03-Sep-20
txhunter58 03-Sep-20
txhunter58 03-Sep-20
Mule Power 03-Sep-20
29-Aug-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Just to show that there is such a thing as a legal Ebike trail.

29-Aug-20
That is only open to regular bikes, motorcycles, foot, and horses. No ebikes! ;)

29-Aug-20
yes!

No!!!

It never ends with these threads. LOL The gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving.

29-Aug-20
Couple of those where I live. Motorcycles are required to have an OHV sticker to use that trail. So I called CPW HQ in Denver to ask if I needed one on my ebike to ride one of those trails and after finally reaching the right guy, he replied, "No, because we don't consider them motorized vehicles". I then called the USFS to ask if I was going to get a ticket for riding an ebike in NF with no OHV sticker, since they consider them motorized vehicles. I told him what CPW told me. The guy was totally flummoxed and had no answer.

29-Aug-20
Lou on a side note why don't bicycles need a sticker to be ridden on roads or trails? This has nothing to about e bikes by the way. There are certain roads you can barely drive your vehicle on there are so many bikes and cities are spending taxpayers money to make bike lanes on roads. If everyone else has to pay a tax to use their vehicle, atv, boat, or dirt bike why not require the spandexers on their bike to pay a small tax to ride their bikes? Seems fair...

29-Aug-20
Why would you call National Forest Service to ask about State regulations? That would be like calling CPW to ask about FS trail regulations. Just follow the regulations for each.

It's pretty simple. The state says if you have a regular bike or an ebike you don't need the state OHV sticker. If you have a gas bike or an ATV you need the state OHV sticker.

For forest Service rules just get a MVUM and follow what it says.

29-Aug-20
Because the USFS Leo's are the ones who write the citations for motor vehicles in NF without a sticker. Not anyone from the State. That's why. The official USFS document says an OHV is any motorized vehicle capable of traveling off-road, and that it must display a valid OHV registration from the state. They consider ebikes as OHVs.

29-Aug-20
Brad, I wouldn’t bother hinting there - there is a second sign, one you missed, that says elk aren’t allowed...

29-Aug-20
What if I ride my regular bicycle without wearing spandex, do I still need a sticker?

29-Aug-20
Nope. Only "motorized vehicles" need registration.

29-Aug-20

txhunter58's embedded Photo
txhunter58's embedded Photo
Not sure if the bike is motorized, but she gets my motor running. Is that legal?

29-Aug-20
She's on an ebike, off trail. Hardened criminal and definitely a "cheater"!

30-Aug-20
I wonder how they'll control the single passenger electric drones now that they are in the testing phase. Truly no damage to the trails there.

30-Aug-20
They already have laws on the books prohibiting landing of motorized aircraft in National Forest. Sheesh. You could do the same thing with an ultralight now, except it's illegal.

Some of you guys need to get help for your EDS (Ebike Derangement Syndrome)

30-Aug-20
This week I sold an ebike to a member of the Forest Service. I noticed the email they use was their work email so I asked if the bike was going to be used for work. Answer was this: "Yes the Patrol Captain here will be using it on the Forest."

I thought the FS was still holding out.....

30-Aug-20
Officially, they still are holding out. Back a couple years ago when I was trying to get a citation for riding closed roads, I rode for as couple miles with a USFS guy who was riding his conventional MTB. His comment: "That looks like fun! I have to get one myself!"

03-Sep-20
Reminds me of a guy I caught fishing in a Fly Fishing Only area right next to a sign. He was using worms. I told him he was breaking the law and read from the sign, "single hooks only with fur, thread, and feathers to imitate the natural food of trout." He said, "worms are the natural food of trout."

Bowmania

03-Sep-20
Bowmania. Classic !

03-Sep-20
They put up “no motorized” signs in my area but they are usually torn down

03-Sep-20
They put up “no motorized” signs in my area but they are usually torn down

03-Sep-20

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
I don’t make these definitions. Am I allowed to ride a horse any more? Are they gonna allow motorized boots but ban steel shanks? I’m confused???

• Sitka Gear