RK 29-Aug-20
Basil 29-Aug-20
Adventurewriter 29-Aug-20
Treeline 30-Aug-20
JL 30-Aug-20
SBH 30-Aug-20
Treeline 30-Aug-20
29-Aug-20
Ever hear of someone starting a prairie fire because they shot low, and the broadhead sparked when it hit a rock??!! Apparently, the bowhunter's first shot missed. He continued to stalk, and relocated the animal......just about the time that he draws to shoot a second time, the fire really ignites....

29-Aug-20

Medicinemann's Link

29-Aug-20
If he wouldn't have just stood there, it would have been much easier to put out. No deer is worth the risk of a massive fire. I've see FMJ bullets do that on flint rocks here in the Flint Hills of KS.

29-Aug-20
Got to get that shot in. Damn the fire. There are no words for this but it says so much

29-Aug-20

Basil's embedded Photo
Basil's embedded Photo
Yes arrows can make lots of sparks.

29-Aug-20
oh great another reason to stop seasons

30-Aug-20
Crazy!

30-Aug-20
Tough spot to be in.....put out the fire or leave/lose a wounded animal. Having the luxury of armchair QB-ing from watching the vid......I would have put the fire out first and then go after the wounded antelope. The wounded antelope wasn't going to go far by the looks of it in the vid but that fire was going to take off if not stopped....not good at all.

30-Aug-20
That is crazy!

30-Aug-20
Definitely fire would be first order of business in my mind. Have seen how fast one can blow up in the prairie and it is scary as hell!

• Sitka Gear