Velvet deer season in Tennessee
Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
lewis 29-Aug-20
Panther Bone 29-Aug-20
buzz mc 29-Aug-20
lewis 31-Aug-20
29-Aug-20
First time trying it yesterday had to pass under tornado ?? watch today stayed until 6:15 thunderstorms pushed me out we shall see had 2 nice bucks kinda patterned stay safe Lewis

29-Aug-20
I don’t have any ag fields, so I lay off of them. I like to wait till the weather cools too.

Today would have been nice for an August sit on the east side.

29-Aug-20

buzz mc's embedded Photo
buzz mc's embedded Photo
I've had a blast with it this year. I’ve never tried to pattern and hunt a specific buck before but went all in this season. I found a bachelor group of 5 bucks, with 2 shooters, using the same trail to get to a bean field 5 out of 7 days. I managed to get out between storm band last night and didn't see a thing. Tonight was much better, but the bucks didn't take their usual trail and came out of a thicket 50 yards behind me. One more day and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

31-Aug-20
Well it’s over and last night was totally unforgettable no matter how hard I try. I was in my blind just above my acre and half soybean plot and the wind was perfect. I sat there quiet and still until almost dark and in a blind your sight pin gets hard to see as the darkness sets in.With about 5 minutes of legal shooting time left I decided to call it a night I picked up my water bottle which made a cracking sound and all hell broke loose. A big doe burst into the field followed by a big mature buck followed by another bigger mature buck and seconds later another even bigger mature buck.They had no idea what they had heard and stayed in my buckwheat field in front of me for what seemed forever.There were no shot opportunities that I felt comfortable with.They all disappeared in the darkness to the soybean field.If I waited 30 seconds to pick up that water bottle they would have been 15-20 yards in front of me.It was something to see can’t wait for archery season.Stay safe Lewis

• Sitka Gear