BigOzzie 31-Aug-20
Brotsky 31-Aug-20
Norseman 31-Aug-20
Adventurewriter 31-Aug-20
drycreek 31-Aug-20
The Kid 31-Aug-20
BigOzzie 31-Aug-20
30-Aug-20
Curious I just upgraded my computer and it has a awesome HD screen and Google earth looks amazing. has anyone ever while virtual scouting on Google Earth seen say a herd of elk on a hillside???

30-Aug-20
I can see my cattle using OnX. Haven’t seen elk but The cattle very clearly. So it’s possible.

30-Aug-20
I don't have the link handy, but I know that I've seen pictures of elk on open ridges in Google earth.

30-Aug-20
Have seen elk. A few years back was looking at GE at the spot I'd camp in a wilderness area and seldom ever saw hunters. The image was from early October the previous Fall and the trail I walked to and from camp every day thru a grassy stretch clearly showed as did my little back packing tent!

30-Aug-20

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Google Earth pic from a few years ago showing some elk.

30-Aug-20
I once saw my elk camp on GE. Wall tent, camper, 4Runner. That was sort of interesting. Another time I was scouting a new area and the view was from the previous September. Was great because I could see where all the other camps were located and plan accordingly.

30-Aug-20
Yep I have seen elk, and of course cattle.

30-Aug-20
Bull elk at a wallow. You can see the shadow of its horns on the light colored soil bank

31-Aug-20
how cool hmmm that spots looks interesting...zoom in ba-bam those are elk!!!

31-Aug-20
Bison in Grand Canyon National Park

31-Aug-20

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo
I have a satellite pic of myself planting one of my foodplots. You can see the 4 wheeler w roller and myself off to the side.

31-Aug-20
Yup. Seen elk above treeline in a couple units.

31-Aug-20
Do you guys have a live version of google earth? I look at images of my property and they are 5-10 years old. So who cares if I see elk, they aren't there now. oz

31-Aug-20
I have seen elk on GE before. I won't post the images on here though, you guys will have to find them for yourselves :)

31-Aug-20
Click on the date on the lower left portion on the screen. There is a slide bar which you can choose the aerial photo date.

31-Aug-20
Oz ahhhh cause its kinda cool and might confirm something you suspected I would take it as a giant omen the Hunt Gods says you were right...... go there

31-Aug-20
I pulled up my property on GE once and saw an orange spot. Getting closer I could see it was me in my Kubota mowing out a trail. Kinda cool, but eerie at the same time.

31-Aug-20
Does anyone on bowsite have clearance to share images from the KH-12 reconnaissance satellite? If so, PM me I have some questions. ;)

31-Aug-20
ok the date change was cool. but the best I can get is 2017. and like drycreek I found the kubota in the photo, cool.

oz

• Sitka Gear