Zim 01-Sep-20
PushCoArcher 01-Sep-20
Joey Ward 01-Sep-20
TRnCO 02-Sep-20
PushCoArcher 02-Sep-20
30-Aug-20

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
I know it’s elk season, but am I the only one who takes the first of September to dove hunt? It’s a tradition in my family, and friends and family come in from all over the country every year to socialize, hunt, and reminisce on years passed. One of my favorite hunts of the year...

30-Aug-20

30-Aug-20

30-Aug-20
After completing my hunter ed course, my “official“ hunting journey began as a 10 year old on a dove hunt! It was the first time I actually got to hunt along side my older brother, cousins and uncle. Before that, I was the “bird dog”! Hard to believe it’s been 41 years!!

30-Aug-20
I look forward to it every year. Ours opens next Saturday. Great way to spend time with family and friends. And a good dog. ;-)

Enjoy!

30-Aug-20
I absolutely love dove hunting. I told my daughter I’d take her at some point but haven’t had much luck finding any. When I was her age I loved missing school sept 1 to go dove hunting. I remember being the retriever before I could carry a gun. One of the seasons I’ll get my stuff together and go.

30-Aug-20
Iowa has only had a dove season since 2011. I used to hunt them in Oklahoma back in the 80s. The first year I hunted them, I killed 4 with my first box of shells.....then I kind of lost my touch ;-)

30-Aug-20
The dove opener is a day I have looked forward to every year for as long as I can remember.

30-Aug-20

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
I’ve been scouting...Lol

31-Aug-20
He coming into a mock scrape, Ike?! ;-)

31-Aug-20

lol....That’s about it!

31-Aug-20
I take Sept. 1st off every year, we have several fwa's around usually they plant sunflowers and if it's a good year I can usually limit out love eating those little suckers!

31-Aug-20
Our dove season starts Sept 1, the doves usually migrate out about the last week of August around here anyways.

Dove hunting is good fun, lots of shooting and damn they can be pretty good with those evasive maneuvers. I believe I read one time the average was 5 doves per box of shells, so t-roy your 4 per box was about par for the course.

I've heard the Eurasian Collared Doves taste just as good, and it is open season on them all year around. May have to try one or two to verify, and I bet I can kill one of those with my bow.

31-Aug-20

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
This guy is obviously happy about it!

31-Aug-20
Last week of September for us. Always been a great family tradition

31-Aug-20
Nothing beats a good dove hunt for wing shooters. Use to have a great farm for dove, lost it a few years back and haven't had a good hunt since. Would always are my 410 out and lots of shells lol. Nothing gets those birds flying like a storm front rolling in, they come in hard and fast for a feed, lots of shooting.

31-Aug-20
Good luck to all. Indiana starts tomorrow.

01-Sep-20

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Hunting dove on public in SW Oklahoma right now.

01-Sep-20
Hope you have a dog. ;-)

Looks like it'd be tough finding downed birds in that stuff.

Good luck and have fun.

01-Sep-20

It looks worse than it is. No problem finding them so far, now hitting them is a different story.

01-Sep-20
Great! What do they have planted? How much competition this morning?

01-Sep-20
Knock em down Will!

01-Sep-20

My little man and I had a fun morning. Back at them this afternoon!

01-Sep-20

01-Sep-20

01-Sep-20
This is the first opener I have missed in several years. Only been working about half time with the Covid stuff and was scheduled this week. I'll be out Friday though.

01-Sep-20

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Hunted dove many times before, but I did my first backcountry dove hunt this year. My big game gear came in handy

01-Sep-20

Was a little crowded till 9 then everyone disappeared. The birds are feeding on wheat, millet, and sunflower. Ended up with 11 till the rain chased me out around 1.

01-Sep-20
Nice! Good eating and better memories for your little guy. That’s what it’s all about anyway.

What’s the limit there?

02-Sep-20
Will be getting some dove shooting in starting this Friday back on the farm in KS.. I missed last year because of a AK. moose hunt. Looking forward to warming the shotgun barrel and spending time with friends and family.

02-Sep-20
15 is the daily limit and 45 the possession limit.

• Sitka Gear