SlipShot 03-Sep-20
Panther Bone 03-Sep-20
Panther Bone 03-Sep-20
Brun 03-Sep-20
Treeline 03-Sep-20
Brun 03-Sep-20
easeup 03-Sep-20
03-Sep-20
I’ll be traveling to CO and elk hunting with Forest the last week of Sept.

Sept. 13-18 I’ll be with my wife visiting the national parks (bucket list thing for us today see them all).

Sept. 19 I’ll be going from Denver to Glenwood Springs.

Any tips on where I could hit some good trout water through my routes?

PM me if necessary.

Thanks!

03-Sep-20
Are you looking to wet a line for a hour or two without drive much out of your way or are you willing to take a decent detour to get into some fishing? Right along 70 you got Clear creek on the eastern slope. Then on the western slope you have the eagle. You can catch trout in either. I'd guess you catch more in the clear and bigger in the eagle. I have not fished the eagle much. But if interested in the Clear shoot me a PM and I'll give you a couple spots to stop.

03-Sep-20
For the time I’m with the wife I’ll be looking for a quicker outing of a couple hours.

The day of the 19th I will have all day, albeit I’m driving from Denver to Glenwood.

03-Sep-20
You also could detour north at Silverthorne and hit the Blue.

03-Sep-20
Once you get to Glenwood you can fish the Colorado or Roaring Fork.

03-Sep-20
Brun do you know if that area has been affected by the fire? As in any closers or murky water with fire run off?

03-Sep-20
Ten mile creek between Copper Mountain ski area and Frisco is good for plenty of hungry small browns.

The ponds below Copper along I70 have small brookies and browns. Sometimes a few bigger brook’s.

The Eagle can be good. Some nice rainbows and browns. Jump off at Wolcott and take the frontage road. There is one camp site and several public pull outs along the way going west.

Not sure how the fires in Glenwood Canyon have impacted the river. Might be messed up through the canyon. Usually fishes well through the town.

The Roaring Fork is really good, but you will probably do better above Carbondale up to Basalt that time of year.

The Frying Pan usually fishes really well right thru Basalt. If you want highly educated big trout, you can try the upper Pan below the dam. Beautiful drive up there is worth it.

Take fishing gear with you up into the Flattops. Some Great Lakes and streams where you’re going!

Good luck!

03-Sep-20

sheds's embedded Photo
sheds's embedded Photo
Just had to show this, my son Cody fly fishing for brookies in the afternoon then chasing elk till dark, Don’t get much better!

03-Sep-20

SlipShot's embedded Photo

SlipShot's Link
Eagle river is an amazing Fishery with amazing public access. the link is to Google maps public access to the Eagle river.

03-Sep-20
For the time I’m with the wife I’ll be looking for a quicker outing of a couple hours.

The day of the 19th I will have all day, albeit I’m driving from Denver to Glenwood.

03-Sep-20
Awesome! Thanks so much guys!

03-Sep-20
JohnMC, The Fork is clear and low. Haven't seen the Colorado recently, but I haven't heard of it being affected by the fire

03-Sep-20
Has that algae blown up again below Carbondale on the Fork? Couple of summers back, it was nasty and really impacted the fishing from there down to Glenwood.

03-Sep-20
I've only been on the Gunnison lately, but the Fork looks good from at least Carbondale up. I haven't heard any reports of an algae problem on the lower Fork this year, but haven't really seen it myself.

03-Sep-20
from treeline "Ten mile creek between Copper Mountain ski area and Frisco is good for plenty of hungry small browns. The ponds below Copper along I70 have small brookies and browns. Sometimes a few bigger brook’s. The Eagle can be good. Some nice rainbows and browns. Jump off at Wolcott and take the frontage road. There is one camp site and several public pull outs along the way going west."

x2!

• Sitka Gear