midwest 08-Sep-20
BOWNBIRDHNTR 08-Sep-20
caribou77 10-Sep-20
krieger 17-Sep-20
drycreek 17-Sep-20
03-Sep-20

caribou77's embedded Photo
I saw Bobs post on here last year advertising doe antelope hunts In Wyoming. With no hunt plans this year I checked pronghorn paradise out again and they had a few for hunt openings. A couple quick calls and a few short months later I’m off.

03-Sep-20

Westward bound

03-Sep-20
Good luck! Your decoys seem to be undersized though. Set the bear up on the opposite side of the waterhole :)

03-Sep-20

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
Here’s something to get you pumped caribou7 Bobs this past Saturday!

03-Sep-20
Tmac, looks like I could pet one!

03-Sep-20
Saw the post to late! All spaces were filled! But Bob stated if the hunt happens next yr., I am first on the list for 2021!!!! I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-Sep-20
I’d take pictures of it out here but they would do it no justice. Far western South Dakota and eastern Wyoming are like heaven on earth to a guy surrounded by cornfields 365 days a year.

04-Sep-20
Safe travels and good luck!

04-Sep-20

77 miles to Gillette

04-Sep-20

Sitting at bobs glassing antelope off his drive way. Can see 6 does and fawns just across the road.

04-Sep-20

04-Sep-20
Good luck Luke!

04-Sep-20
Good luck!

05-Sep-20
Yup....good luck and keep the pics coming!

05-Sep-20
Have fun, Luke!

05-Sep-20

Bob’s got me setting in the “young buck” blind. Saw a couple does and fawns on the early morning walk in. Shots out the blind are 28, 20 and 15 yards

05-Sep-20

Had a small mulie buck bedded just over the ridge for about an hour this morning

05-Sep-20

Been a long hot day so far. Had 2 does and 3 fawns come within 83 yards early this morning. An alpaca and a big bull have been my steady companions throughout the day.

05-Sep-20
Alpaca is yummy!

05-Sep-20

05-Sep-20

Just had this little buck come into 15 yards. 2 more bucks ( one for sure p & y) and 7 does and fawns are 100 yards West near the other empty blind...

05-Sep-20
So far of the 3 hunting, 3 does have been taken today.

05-Sep-20
Good day

06-Sep-20

Back in the saddle again. Moved to the blind where all the antelope were all day yesterday, which of course means they’ll be at the other blind today. Much cooler this morning.

06-Sep-20
Hang in there luke it will happen

06-Sep-20

So a doe at around 8. 35 yards out. Could see her head and top of her back. She move east and looked to soon be offering a 34 yard shot. As she started making her move I came to full draw. She walked and stopped at about 40 but I was unable to get a shot off. The window opening was blocking me. As I moved off the chair to try to improve my angle I got pinned down by a nice buck that was just 15 yards to my left. Needless to say, I coulda shot the buck for the next 5 minutes. Oh to have had a buck tag! Was never able to see the doe again. Maybe I shoulda just swung on her and risked getting spotted and him blowing out... 2nd guessing is always easy. Was a really neat encounter all the way around. Even got to her the buck “grunt?” Whatever the hell you call the strange sound.

06-Sep-20

I made a joke (although I was very serious about it as well) yesterday about forgetting my lucky horseshoes in my whitetail pack at home. Bless Bob and Helens hearts for presenting me this before I left for the blind this morning. Absolutely wonderful people. And I will say whether I get a doe on this trip or not, it’s been a ton of fun and I will be back. (Though I’ll have a buck tag)

06-Sep-20

06-Sep-20
4 bucks now 30 yards from the blind. 2 for sure p&y. Can’t get a pic through the tiny slot to the east, but they’re there... 1 doe bedded at 62 to the west. No shot or I’d take it.

07-Sep-20

End up having another chance at the best buck as he came into water again.

07-Sep-20

07-Sep-20
The night ended with a few more sightings for me and at one point I had a doe at 72 yards but before I could adjust the windows for a shot, she move off to 82 and just kept going from there.

07-Sep-20

Bill took a doe across from Bob’s house late in the afternoon.

07-Sep-20

Bob asked me if I’d like to hunt a few hours in the morning so here I am today across from his house. Just about a hour left and I will have to pack up and leave for home. Weather is not on my side today. In fact Saturday was the day for killing with highs in the 90s. Today highs in the 60s and rain moving in.

07-Sep-20
They still come in to water. Good luck!

07-Sep-20
As my final hour came to a close a miracle started to unfold... the doe and dawn that were laying 500 yards across a couple fences started my way. And quickly at that. I got a text from Bob saying stay sharp. Soon they are at 120. Then.... they bed. Ugh. I told Bob I could stay until 11 am and then I had to hit the road.... now it’s 10:45.... does are at 120 and holding. I tell Bob I can hang on longer, they’re so close.... 60 yards and an arrows flying.

15 minutes later they stand. Straight to the Fence they come. I range her at 72 yards. Just a little barb wire between us. The fence post is 64.... she’s looking hard at the water. My bows in my left hand, rangefinder warming up in my right.... and then it happens! Like a bolt of lightning the turn and run down the ditch to the west outta my life forever. I have no idea what happened. I just sat there smiling. So close so many times in the short 2 1/2 days. This was a hunt that definitely makes you realize you don’t have to kill an animal to have a fantastic time.

07-Sep-20
Great story Luke, and sounds like a fantastic time even without arrows flung or meat for the cooler. Pronghorn are some of the neatest animals to watch, especially up close. Best of luck on your next adventure!

07-Sep-20
Never fails! Covered up in non-target critters, when you don’t have that tag. Sounds like you had a blast anyway. Stay safe on your trip back home. Hopefully, you don’t run into any snow!

07-Sep-20
Hell of a bowhunt!

Congratulations! Glad you got out and had a good time.

So close! Excitement and anticipation for the next one!

I anticipate another installment next year. You will get er done!

08-Sep-20
Glad you had a good trip

08-Sep-20
Dang it, Luke! Thanks for taking us along!

08-Sep-20
Very fun hunt to follow along. I've been talking to Bob as well. Seems like a great guy. Make sure you keep that horseshoe for next year, obviously it works on the bucks!

10-Sep-20
Gentlemen i just wanted to take a second and tell you thanks for following along. It didn’t end exactly how I hoped but it’s hunting not shooting . I would also like to give Bob and Helen a big thank you. To me Bob was the Richard Hume of Antelope. And Helen the Amanda Kat. That was the first thing I told my dad when I left. Bob and Helen made me feel at home, prepared me for the trip, helped with anything needed and just flat out cared. It’s a small operation and that is what makes it to me so wonderful. I encourage you to give these guys a shout if you are thinking of antelope hunting. Expect long hours in a blind and lots of memories.

17-Sep-20
Good report. I stopped at PP in between hunts and did a doe hunt. Mr. Bob runs a very good operation, he understands the finer nuances of blind hunting, you can definitely tell it's not his first rodeo....the Xenex blinds he uses are the best I've seen, they are coated on the inside so light doesn't penetrate them like all the other models.

Bob made sure I was blacked out and ready before he opened the front and left, good thing too...4 mins later some came in and 6 minutes later I had a doe down. I will post some pics when I get home, not to hijack the excellent thread, but wanted to add to the report. PP is a great place run by great folks!

17-Sep-20
caribou, all hunts don’t need to end with bloody hands to be enjoyed. At least you weren’t working, or God forbid, watching the news on tv:-) You kept us entertained and that’s worth something......

• Sitka Gear