Pronghorn
Contributors to this thread:
ChrisS 04-Sep-20
Treeline 04-Sep-20
Treeline 04-Sep-20
ChrisS 04-Sep-20
HuntSeeker 04-Sep-20
04-Sep-20
Antelope hunt? Any advice appreciated! I have a last min opportunity to go to Denver this month(sept) to visit my daughter...checking on if it is possible squeeze in an antelope with last min planning. Looking at Wyoming regs, as I could drive up there possibly.

Thinking maybe of checking with an outfitter to essentially pay for either access or maybe waterhole/blind setup.

I’m just looking for advice while I look into regs, season and unit info. This may be unrealistic this last min, but seemed worth checking into. I’ve been hunting for elk plenty, but never for antelope. Thanks, Chris

04-Sep-20
Wyoming may have some leftover tags. Probably doe tags in areas with limited public land access. Maybe a few buck tags. Would be a tough proposal without a lot of time to scout or have some help.

Colorado has OTC archery antelope tags for a large portion of the state.

The eastern plains have some areas with decent populations but not a lot of public land.

The limited public land out east does get a lot of pressure and it would be low odds for success without a lot of time to scout and figure something out. Access to private land can be tough out there, especially close to the big cities.

Best bet for success would be to contact some outfitters to see if they would be willing to take a last minute hunter. A lot of them will already have blinds set up that the antelope are used to.

Good luck!

04-Sep-20
ChrisS,

Got a pm suggesting Pronghorn Paradise in Wyoming. Hear nothing but good things about them here on the Bowsite. Would not be a bad option.

04-Sep-20
Tavis, Thanks for the suggestions and info! Really appreciate it. I will followup in those. Regards, Chris

04-Sep-20
There are leftover buck tags in Unit 23 and 24 type 2 that you can buy on line. Could give Calvin Taylor a call as he is in unit 23. 307-680-4419. I hunted with him August 21 and it was awesome. Have heard good things about pronghorn Paradise too and I believe they are in 23 as well.

• Sitka Gear