shade mt 04-Sep-20
BC 04-Sep-20
Supernaut 04-Sep-20
Dale06 04-Sep-20
Boatman71 04-Sep-20
midwest 04-Sep-20
shade mt 04-Sep-20
04-Sep-20
so I was up in the attic and came across an old Jennings lighting compound, with some old aluminums and fiberglass arrows..lol..brought back memory's. Has moleskin on the riser and a old plastic flipper rest. I shot it fingers and no sights. Wore old faded army surplus camo, hunted off the ground unless I felt like living life dangerously in a baker climber. Used a compass when off the beaten path, and cell phones? what were they?

In the day and age we live in the term "trad" gets thrown around a lot.

Just makes me smile....

Like the woman in the old Virginia slims cigarette commercial...."you've come a long way baby"

04-Sep-20
You know you’re getting old when you can relate to all that and remember those old commercials. Haha.

04-Sep-20
Neat find Steve and glad it brought back some good old memories for you.

I saved all my hay bailing money and bought my first real bow when I was 12, a Bear Whitetail compound. That bow was nearly as tall as me at the time ( I was vertically challenged as a kid). I made my first bow kill with that bow when I was 14, a buck at 5 yards on the ground. Of course I traded that bow on a newer, better, faster bow in my infinite teenage wisdom. 36 years later, I sure wish I would've hung onto it.

Flash forward to about a month ago and I manage to get my hands on a Bear Whitetail compound riser that has been warfed to accept ILF limbs. Needless to say, I'll be getting some limbs for it and can't wait to shoot it and with any luck kill a deer with it next season. Full circle I reckon.

Thanks again for bringing up some great memories of times gone by.

04-Sep-20
Been there, done that.

04-Sep-20
I took my first bow killed deer with a Jennings Forked Lightening. Thanks for sharing, pics would be awesome!!!!

04-Sep-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
1983...First big game kill, first year bowhunting, hunting on the ground....Jennings Forked Lightning!

04-Sep-20
the old Jennings actually wasn't my first bow. My first bow was a ben pearson spoiler recurve, in 77 Then upgraded to a bear grizzly 3 years later. bought it At The old Kinsey archery store in Mt joy PA....no compounds on the rack that I can remember back then. think I paid 60.00 for it, still have it.

• Sitka Gear