Sitka Gear
Who's hunted with Star S Ranch in Texas?
Hogs
Contributors to this thread:
Hancock West 04-Sep-20
RK 04-Sep-20
Hancock West 04-Sep-20
RCDuck 04-Sep-20
Hancock West 04-Sep-20
Hancock West 04-Sep-20
Buffalo1 04-Sep-20
04-Sep-20
How many of you have hunted with Star S Ranch in Mason Texas? Going for Gemsbok & sheep most likely. The 14k acre Star S Ranch looks great & Pieter the manager has been more than helpful with questions. Just hoping to hear from some bowsiters before putting the deposit down.

04-Sep-20
Have not hunted it but know about it. Great place. First class operation and trophies. They manage to keep their game wild You should have an awesome time

04-Sep-20
Thank you Robert. Glad to hear that from a Texan.

04-Sep-20
I got invited there last fall. Are you bowhunting or rifle? It's a fabulous place, not really something I thought I would ever do on my own, but I had a blast. The lodge, meals, etc. are top notch. I've never been to any other high-fence, exotic operation but I can't imagine anything being much nicer than the Star S. I harvested a red stag and a scimitar-horned oryx. They seem to have a solid gemsbok herd. As you drive around the various "pastures" you may find yourself changing your mind about what you want to go after. You'll see some ridiculous looking whitetails... Overall, I struggle with knowing how to describe it... not my preferred type of "hunt", but I think it has to be one of the best of that type of operation.

04-Sep-20
Bow & Rifle most likely. The videos of the ranch are breathtaking for sure.

04-Sep-20

04-Sep-20
Never hunted there, but know they have a very good reputation. The are avid supporters of DSC and always have a very recognizable presence at the conventions.

Texas is mostly high fence and especially the exotic animal hunts.

I bet you will have a great time. Looking forward to your post after your hunt. Best of luck!

• Sitka Gear