TD 08-Sep-20
coelker 08-Sep-20
smurph 08-Sep-20
Will 08-Sep-20
Burt 08-Sep-20
TonyL 10-Sep-20
Will 11-Sep-20
06-Sep-20
Tried a couple Nocturnal lighted nocks yesterday. Liked everything about them, except they don’t fit the serving as tight as my normal nocks. Seems like this could lead to an arrow coming of the string at the worst possible moment. How are they working out for those who used them.

06-Sep-20
I've thought the same thing when I tried them. Not to mention how does it affect tuning/arrow flight. (Has to a small amount in my mind.) Threw them in the what not box not long after opening them.

06-Sep-20
I’ve used them for years, with no problems.

06-Sep-20
Easy solution- use different serving on your string! Serving comes in different diameter so you can custom fit

06-Sep-20
Or you could use the method we all used back a few generations. If the nock fit a little loose on the serving, we would bite it gently for a minute or so, try the fit again, and repeat if needed until the fit was about right. If it was tight to start with, the answer was similar, but the nock opening was pushed onto a tooth, usually a canine, to loosen the grip it had on the serving until it would hold the arrow when pointed at the ground, and release it when the string was tapped lightly with a forefinger in manner similar to gently thumping a melon to judge its ripeness, but with less force. The target archers used to perform the ritual pretty regularly.

Most of us who were more hunting oriented like the fit a bit tighter, but still wanted it to be as consistent as possible.

I haven't really messed with it much in the last few decades, as it just didn't seem to affect the point of impact as much on the modern setups as it did on our slower setups and finger releases.

06-Sep-20
I have used them for quite a few years with no problem hat I could not overcome. I shoot split finger and I’m sure that helps. I will gladly use any that anybody wants to donate to my cause lol.

06-Sep-20
Tried a couple Nocturnal lighted nocks yesterday. Liked everything about them, except they don’t fit the serving as tight as my normal nocks. Seems like this could lead to an arrow coming of the string at the worst possible moment. How are they working out for those who used them.

06-Sep-20
Love mine and never an issue in fit, flight or working as advertised

06-Sep-20
I’ve occasionally had issues getting certain brands to turn off, but to me, they are worth that small hassle.

06-Sep-20

06-Sep-20
I have a pack of three "Universal Fit" Nockturnals in front of me, as I type this. There are three different "sleeve" sizes ( H, S, and GT) to the right of the nocks themselves. I have had the Nockturnals pull out of the back of the arrow before, but have never had them fall off of the string. If the nocks don't fit as is (X size), one of the three sleeves will probably get the job done (but I have never had to use the sleeves). They will not fit in "G" sized arrows. FYI, "S" (standard) diameter is 6.5mm, "H" (reduced) diameter is 6mm, "X" micro diameter is 5mm, and "G" is 4mm. Not sure about GT, but my guess would be 7mm.

06-Sep-20
Mine fit fine, used them for years. But 2x I've had the light turn off with impact with the ground (miss and pass-through), making it useful for seeing the arrow in flight but hard to find the arrow to decipher the evidence after the shot. Anyone had Nockturnals turn off after lighting upon launch?

06-Sep-20
Have never had one turn off on impact....but have been faked out at dusk by fireflies, when tracking an animal.....

06-Sep-20

06-Sep-20
Why the heck is my post repeating so many times? That for the help. Not going to change the serving this late into the game this year. Will try the “biting” trick to snug the fit. Again, liked the product overall. Hope this doesn’t repost ten more times.

06-Sep-20
Why the heck is my post repeating so many times? That for the help. Not going to change the serving this late into the game this year. Will try the “biting” trick to snug the fit. Again, liked the product overall. Hope this doesn’t repost ten more times.

06-Sep-20
I gave Nocturnals an honest try for a couple of years. I finally gave up on them. I switched to a different brand that I like better. The issues that I had... they would occasionally turn on by themselves... not come on when shot and turning them off was a pain.

06-Sep-20
I was wondering if you just didn’t like our answers, LOL. I have never hand a Nocturnal brand come on by itself, and never had one turn off on any impact. If they are to loose on your existing serving, you can wrap some dental floss over your serving , have even seen guys wrap with Teflon plumbing tape for short term fixes. Be careful pinching the Nocturnals as the newer ones seem to be a little thicker plastic and might be a little harder plastic than normal nocks. If you go that route you might dip the ears of the nock in some hot water to soften them a little before pinching them tighter.

07-Sep-20
Thanks for the tips. I’ve got one on the quiver. The other arrows are regular. I got nine of them as a gift, so unfortunately not so simple to just switch brands. Will try the floss on serving idea.

07-Sep-20
Thanks for the tips. I’ve got one on the quiver. The other arrows are regular. I got nine of them as a gift, so unfortunately not so simple to just switch brands. Will try the floss on serving idea.

08-Sep-20
Super easy to fix with cup of hot water. Not boiling, like extra hot coffee level. Dip the tips of the nock end in the hot water for a second or two to soften the plastic, gently squeeze a little and hold for a few seconds while it cools. Will hold the new shape without weakening the plastic like the pinch methods may do. Do a little and test fit. Dip and adjust until happy with the fit. Obviously don't dip the electronics.

08-Sep-20
Never had any that were that loose to where they would fall off. WRT shooting, grouping etc, only nock tension issues I've ever had was too tight, never issues with too loose.

Jake, never any turn off after launch..... but if you don't wash em real good after use they don't like to turn on at the shot with the dried blood in em and all...... =D

I carry a larger safety pin and snap it onto a strap or something, usually on my pack. Pretty handy for turning them off. I use a sharpie an mark the hole too so it's easier (for me anyway) to find it. There's a joke or three in this whole thing too but have a feeling I'm on Double Secret Probation or something already so......

08-Sep-20
My experience is they are a little tight on my serving and require a little extra pressure to properly seat. If not they are really loose on my string as well. Maybe just verify they are getting on there all the way.

08-Sep-20
I will definitely recheck full seating. If that's not it then I'm trying the hot water trick. Tried the biting and holding in mouth thing, didn't seem to help much(probably me I was afraid of cracking it by biting to hard).

08-Sep-20
Always solid for me.

08-Sep-20

10-Sep-20
i bought some for my girlfriend’s arrows. i think they’re pretty cool. they look good on video

11-Sep-20
I learned last night shooting at dusk in the back yard that my 9 year old's think it looks like my bow shoots lasers. There for, I no longer shoot arrows out of my bow. You will not prove to me otherwise. I have, a laser bow. How frigging cool is that :)

• Sitka Gear