Jaquomo 09-Sep-20
Cheesehead Mike 09-Sep-20
Treeline 09-Sep-20
Quinn @work 09-Sep-20
LUNG$HOT 10-Sep-20
Rut Nut 10-Sep-20
Treeline 10-Sep-20
07-Sep-20
Elk hunters. Watching the news from Buffalo, NY. They Say A Foot Or More Of Snow in the mountains of Colorado and wyoming tonight. Make your shelters ready. Stay safe.

07-Sep-20
Yea Dave, I live south of Buffalo 20 minutes or so.... you know we'll see that foot or more in a couple of week's!;0) Really stay safe all.

07-Sep-20
meh. Won't last long but yes I hope our brothers in the mtns are aware and prepared.

07-Sep-20
Oh man not nice so soon.

07-Sep-20
I hope it dumps. We have couple fires that need to be slowed down.

07-Sep-20
And snowing here at my house. Coming out of the east.

07-Sep-20
Bring it! Hot and SMOKEY here till dark... Need some WEATHER!!!!

07-Sep-20
New fire in unit 14 on middle fork of mad creek near Luna Lake.........calling for 10-14" of snow so hoping that snuffs it out tonight and tomorrow.

08-Sep-20
Wow, shot our pronghorns just in time. Forecast for almost a foot of snow where we were hunting.

08-Sep-20
Bring it on, we need moisture so bad here...

08-Sep-20
We ended up pulling out early. Up to 25” of snow was in the forecast for where we were in central Wyoming. 90 degrees everyday and then 2’ of snow. Have to love Wyoming. We’ll head back in a couple weeks. Had them dialed in really well before the weather came in.

08-Sep-20
Windy last night and this morning. Weather will have the critters locked down till it breaks. Love hunting when the weather breaks! All the critters come out to play;-)

08-Sep-20
Laramie ... 56 mph winds, snow ... all out blizzard right now. Sure glad I'm not in a tent somewhere! There's some cold Sitka warriors out there.

08-Sep-20
Not sure what's in the Bighorns, but here in Buffalo WY, at the foot of them, we got 3 inches.

08-Sep-20
Hellish wind in NW Colorado today. Lots of trees blown over and damage around Steamboat. Wind is still bad. Gusts over 70 mph in the area.

Would be a nightmare in a lot of the timber around here!!!

Hopefully any hunters camped out there are safe!

08-Sep-20
I will bet with the high winds a number of trails will be blocked by downed timber. Better pack a saw if you can. Be safe!!!

08-Sep-20

PO Cedar's embedded Photo
PO Cedar's embedded Photo
16 " expected overnight here...

08-Sep-20

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
standswittaknife's embedded Photo
My back yard in Salida.. we now have well over a foot.. crazy..

09-Sep-20
The snow itself ain't so bad. It's the wind that really sucks.

09-Sep-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
camped at 10,200 ft this morn. in the Flat Tops, Knew more to come. high winds for sure. Came home for a few days. 50-60 degrees next week, snow should be gone for the most part. my best, Paul

09-Sep-20
Good to hear you got out Paul.

09-Sep-20

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Good morning, we got it good here just north of Westcliffe.

09-Sep-20
Left my camp behind in WY yesterday, had to cut teo fallen trees (with a hand saw) that had fallen across the main road out. Big wind was knocking down trees everywhere and I got stuck in a drift trying to go around one. 84 degrees the afternoon before, 19 when I left there yesterday at 2:00.

China Virus, riots, BLM, drought, fires, evacuations, friends dying, now this. It's 2020. All we need is an asteroid.

09-Sep-20

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Shut me down for a while

09-Sep-20
So, with this storm basically ending the bucks staying above treeline, Colorado’s archery above treeline season got cut to a total of 5 days. Talk about screwed up.

09-Sep-20
Treeline,

I've never heard of the CPW's Archery Above Treeline Season? ;) Looks like you'll need to change your handle.

10-Sep-20

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
The asteroid is coming Lou. Ha. Attempted to hit one of my OTC spots yesterday. Couldn’t even come close to getting where I wanted to go. Tons of downed trees blocking the road. Most of them good healthy trees pulled up by the roots. Wild to see.

10-Sep-20
You just HAD to say it, Lou! ;-)

10-Sep-20
Quinn,

Above treeline hunting versus low country. You know, everything else down there below about 11,500’ in Colorado!

These kind of storms move the bucks out of the high basins and down into the trees where they are much, much more difficult to find and hunt.

• Sitka Gear