Rut Nut 11-Sep-20
Tilzbow 11-Sep-20
Milhouse 11-Sep-20
BC 11-Sep-20
Swampbuck 11-Sep-20
deerslayer 12-Sep-20
07-Sep-20

JL's Link
This is an interesting slide show showing where each state ranks for what percent of adults who have a gun in their house. I was surprised by a few states I would not expect to have such a high percentage of adults who have a gun in the house.....and on the other end, Alaska was not at the top of the list which surprised me. I figured them to be at the top and I was wrong.

07-Sep-20
Alaska was about at the top. My crappy state came in at 49 lol. Yup all the lib states at the bottom.

07-Sep-20
I lost all of mine in a boating accident.

T

07-Sep-20
My state came in 5th :)

07-Sep-20
After thinking about it for a bit, one thing that could skew the numbers is if a state has alot of felons who can't own firearms.

07-Sep-20
yote65...that’s crazy!!! Same thing happened to me!

07-Sep-20
Yup, boating accident on the lake right down below the house! Lost all my guns right down by the dam in 200’ of water when my canoe capsized in a freak storm. Go get em if ya want em, Beto...

07-Sep-20
^...get a rare earth magnet off of EBay and go magnet fishing to get your guns. I picked up some cool stuff with mine. The best was a stolen bike.

07-Sep-20
Can someone please take every picture and put it to a kick @ss music video? I'm so proud of my country

07-Sep-20
"yote65...that’s crazy!!! Same thing happened to me!"

Are we also in a pandemic of boating accidents?

07-Sep-20
I sold all mine after losing 75% of them in a boating accident as well.

One thing sure seems to hold true with bow sighter’s. We are terrible boat captains.

07-Sep-20
Lost all of mine while in the Navy... ship accident.

08-Sep-20
I’m really surprised to see Vermont above all those midwestern states.

I haven’t lost any of mine, but most of them are in Alaska. If the government comes for them there, all is already lost.

08-Sep-20
Maybe not so many people in Massachusetts own guns but those who do tend to own more than one. Or two. (I know a few people who could outfit a small revolution ;-) )

08-Sep-20
We tell people everyone in Wyoming owns a gun and knows how to use it.

08-Sep-20
Yup. That's why breaking and enterings are so rare in Wyoming. You don't have to wonder if the people in the home you're about to rob are armed...you KNOW they are!

And the gun crime rate there is one of the lowest in the nation. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe...JUST maybe gun crime is a PEOPLE problem and not an inanimate object problem!!

08-Sep-20

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

08-Sep-20
Exactly WW. It is a people problem. Demographics and drug abuse are big contributors.

08-Sep-20
Rampant drug abuse and societal disorder mixed with lawless gangs. Weak governments unwilling to try to end such. Stay armed!

08-Sep-20
First and only place I ever saw a Corvette with a gun rack - Kemmerer, Wyoming!

08-Sep-20
Funny how confirmation bias can blind you. At least 1/3 of the people I know here in MA have guns in the house. I didnt think MA would be at the top... but didnt think we'd almost be at the bottom. Interesting.

08-Sep-20
I didn’t wade through all the associated stuff, just looked at the chart, but I call BS. No way Texas is in the middle of that group. Everybody I know owns multiple guns and lots of folks that don’t hunt own guns. I’m dead certain the research is flawed, but in case I’m wrong, my friends and I have enough to lend if the crap contacts the ventilator.

08-Sep-20
I live in rural Oregon and would say 90% here owns a firearm (not me anymore... all went down in the snake river during a canoe trip also). What I think brings our numbers down is the metro areas around Portland... it’s elk season. I better go.

08-Sep-20
Don at first I thought the same thing about Texas. But Texas also has a lot of large population bases with intercities. That equals a high percentage of population. I guess a lot of those households either don't have guns or can't admit due to a felony in household.

08-Sep-20
Big cities plummet these statistics. If your state has one or more, it won’t bode well on these results.

08-Sep-20
Not sure I can believe these statistics. I don’t answer or advertise the weaponry in my possession. Why would anyone else. Maybe the numbers are based on gun sales

10-Sep-20
This study ended in 2016, would like to see how this has changed due to the riots this year and the tremendous increase in guns purchased. I have a feeling you'd see states like MN, Il,WA, OR, climb a few spots.

10-Sep-20
A scary number I have seen is that 80 percent of the voters in the US live within 100 miles of saltwater. Do you believe these urban folks will honestly reply to firearms questions? Now this is from KS where I believe it is about 90 percent.

10-Sep-20
JohnMC, you might have something there. Probably lots of untraceable guns in those “inner cities”. By that I mean stolen or bought on the downlow by folks who probably aren’t gonna tell everyone that they own guns.

I still call BS on the study. Why ? How in the hell could anyone know for sure. Gun sales numbers aren’t gonna get it unless they’re broken down by who bought what, a monumental task that I’m quite sure is illegal.

10-Sep-20
I’m not sure of the statistics either... I mean how is it possible that so many others here on the forums lost all their guns in a boating accident just as I did?

We had all better just stick to bowhunting and leave the water activities behind!

10-Sep-20
Great study. I am surprised that Ohio ranked so low. I only know a couple people that own less than 5 guns. Maybe I run in the wrong crowd? Or maybe its a buch of bs like most studies??

11-Sep-20
Interesting stats.... tough to say how accurate they actually are, since most states don't have any type of firearm registration. I would imagine some type of algorithm is used to come up with these numbers. I know people who purchase multiple guns per week. Current events are driving firearm sales right now, and I can tell you shortages of guns and ammo are only going to get worse as this year progresses. I work for a fairly large firearm store, and sell a lot of product on Gun Broker.... and it's nuts what people are willing to shell out for the "right" guns.

11-Sep-20
I can help skew those FL numbers a little higher:)

11-Sep-20
Kinda ironic how low the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts is on the list. Considering it was there, "The shot heard round the world" took place, as the Brits came to confiscate firearms. Now, they roll over, wet themselves, and hand them over willingly.

11-Sep-20
MA is low on the list because they don't count flintlocks :)

11-Sep-20
My home has no guns. Lost them all. That hurts WI.

11-Sep-20
Top 10 baby! I mean....what guns? :-)

11-Sep-20
MA is a lost cause. It's even illegal to use a paper target if it depicts a human form or outline. Ridiculous.

11-Sep-20
You CAN’T be serious!

11-Sep-20

Bowbender's Link
Rut,

Read rule #11. I won't join BECAUSE of that rule. It's ten minutes from home in Lancaster County.

11-Sep-20
My daddy was a gunsmith and bought me my first rifle when I was 5 years old. It was a single shot 22 and I still have it. He used to take me to a hickory tree and tell me to head shoot squirrels. I was killing squirrels before I was old enough to go to school. Been a lot of squirrels killed since then since I am 78 years old. Most of them with a 22 rifle or 22 handgun. Never shot them with a shotgun. Have killed a bunch with bow and arrow also. I use judo points and they do the job. I don't believe surveys on guns and a lot of people own guns that won't admit it. Since squirrel season just opened I think I will take my M&P 15-22 and get me some. Great in a crock pot, even old tough ones.

11-Sep-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
That’s RIDICULOUS! I would get some of these and use them! If they said anything I would point out they are not silhouettes or Human “forms!” ;-)

11-Sep-20
I want and need to understand the boating accident and lost gun thing. Is it BS or do you guys really take your guns boating? I've never taken my guns boating, they wouldn't enjoy it... I just don't get it..... Maybe it's a, "Really, Mr. Sheriff all my guns were lost in a boating accident" thing.

11-Sep-20
Tilzbow, yes, that's what it is. The whole, Where are your guns?" thing.... "Well, sir, I had them out in the boat with me, and they were all washed overboard." Who's gonna say otherwise.... you lost 'em. End of story.

11-Sep-20
Rut Nut, that's what happens when dems are in charge. Good to remember come November (3rd)

11-Sep-20
Tilzbow, I venture to say you’ve never traveled the Caribbean or Bahamas by boat. Yes , the vessel is Very well armed

12-Sep-20
Montana #1 baby!!! One of the many reasons I love living here!

• Sitka Gear