T Mac 08-Sep-20
JL 09-Sep-20
RIT 09-Sep-20
JL 09-Sep-20
RIT 09-Sep-20
JL 09-Sep-20
07-Sep-20

JL's Link
I was looking for aluminum hang-ons in this style to maybe replace the steel one's I have. The X-Stand Jester is the only one I came across so far....and it's on sale right now ($199) at X-Stand with free shipping. If anyone has one...any thoughts pro or con?

08-Sep-20
No experience with this stand but it looks like a lot of moving parts. May have the potential to be noisy.

08-Sep-20
I looked at a Youtube review (below) and the guy pointed out while standing on the stand the "hitch pin" did make some noise when he actually jumped up and down on the stand testing it. What intrigued me about this stand is the light weight and the "hitch" can be ratcheted to the tree first and then you can pull the stand up and slide it into the "hitch receiver" and then put the pin in. A similar idea to the Chippewa Wedge Lock stands except you attach the cable or chain to the tree first and slide the stand's "wedges" into the cable or chain. The other thing I liked was it has a 350lb weight limit. I figured I'd see if anyone has one and get their feedback.

08-Sep-20
The hitch pi was what first caught my attention. The fact that both the seat and seat back fold are other areas of concern for me. Good luck with whatever you end up with!

08-Sep-20
Looks pretty sweet.

09-Sep-20
I just ordered one from Amazon. We'll see how it turns out.

09-Sep-20
I don’t have that particular stand but I do have a ladder stand from them. The stand is fine post modifications but I likely won’t buy another. As is out of the box it was too noisy for my liking. I added bolts to the stand and an additional strap up top at the tree and it is very quite now

09-Sep-20
RIT.....which one did ya have? I have the Duke ladder stand still in the box.

09-Sep-20
JL- I have the Duke. Mine is a 2017 or 18 model and they may have fixed the issue. All the ladder pieces slide together and they are held in place with a spring loaded tension type clip. It made some awful metal on metal creaking sounds. I replaced all the clips with stainless bolts and nylon washers. I had all the sound out of it but one little bit when you got up to platform. I corrected that with a ratchet strap. The stand itself is very comfortable. I don’t mind hunting out of it one bit. The platform is acceptable but with big boots on it gets a little crowded if you stand to shoot.

09-Sep-20
^Thanks...I got mine last year on super cheap clearance when our local Gander Mountain closed up. I'll have to keep your experience in mind if/when I take it out of the box and put it together. I have a brand new bag of those spring clips in case the ones in the box squeak. I have big feet so hopefully that isn't too bad of a problem.

• Sitka Gear