Tobpitbull 13-Sep-20
Northern boy 15-Sep-20
Northern boy 15-Sep-20
Northern boy 15-Sep-20
T Mac 15-Sep-20
Northern boy 15-Sep-20
Northern boy 15-Sep-20
09-Sep-20
In Sherman Maine. Monday and Tuesday nothing... anyone else in Maine seeing anything?

09-Sep-20
I hunted last week, saw a sow and cubs on the third night and shot a bear on the 5th night, sightings were pretty decent overall as well. Not sure of your bear hunting experience but there were a few first timers in our camp that thought they would be beating bears off their trees every afternoon and that’s just not the case. If the baits are getting hit be patient and still and they’ll show up.

10-Sep-20
I shot a bear on the 5th night.

10-Sep-20

BroMan's embedded Photo
BroMan's embedded Photo
I harvested my best bear on Monday. 240 lbs dressed. Both of the other hunters in the group harvested Tuesday. Guided hunt out of Lee ME.

10-Sep-20
Its my understanding the acorn crop is poor in some area's. The bears are hitting the barrels hard. I'm hunting with an outfitter the last week so its a wait and see. I agree with Trad PA on having patients advise. To many hunters shoot the first bear they see and the big ones hold off until the end of the day. Good luck!

10-Sep-20

BroMan's embedded Photo
BroMan's embedded Photo
I harvested my best bear on Monday. 240 lbs dressed. Both of the other hunters in the group harvested Tuesday. Guided hunt out of Lee ME.

10-Sep-20

BroMan's embedded Photo
BroMan's embedded Photo

11-Sep-20
Congrats on the bear. Nice one.

12-Sep-20
I have been out scouting for deer. I have seen 5 bear so far, and a few while driving to work including a road kill last week. Very poor apple crop up here and they are hitting the mountain ash. The baiters up here are seeing bear every evening, mostly sows with cubs, though a 422 pounder was shot.

13-Sep-20
Just got back from ME. Saw one bear in five nights and it was not a shooter.

13-Sep-20
Group of 6. 2 guys saw 1 but too dark on 2 nd night. Nothing else beside a man seeing 2 cubs Thursday...Very slow.

15-Sep-20

Northern boy's embedded Photo
First Maine bear!
First Maine bear!

15-Sep-20

15-Sep-20

15-Sep-20
Nice Maine bear congrats!

15-Sep-20
Thanks I normally hunt Ontario Canada with French river bear outfitters and have always admired the work Trevor and Wayne spooner put into the hunt. I have had many successful big bear hunts with great guys and have never second guessed myself on returning every fall for the past 11 years. This year because the Canadian border is closed I couldn’t sit out a fall bear season so I booked with Big Booms Northern Main Adventures in Portage Maine. I couldn’t be more pleased and give hats off to Boomer and his entire staff. That is a hard working crew that know how to produce bears in the great North Maine woods! It is a big operation with a lot more hunters in camp than what I am used to, but Boomer and his staff were still able to put a personal touch to all the hunters.

15-Sep-20
Thanks I normally hunt Ontario Canada with French river bear outfitters and have always admired the work Trevor and Wayne spooner put into the hunt. I have had many successful big bear hunts with great guys and have never second guessed myself on returning every fall for the past 11 years. This year because the Canadian border is closed I couldn’t sit out a fall bear season so I booked with Big Booms Northern Main Adventures in Portage Maine. I couldn’t be more pleased and give hats off to Boomer and his entire staff. That is a hard working crew that know how to produce bears in the great North Maine woods! It is a big operation with a lot more hunters in camp than what I am used to, but Boomer and his staff were still able to put a personal touch to all the hunters.

• Sitka Gear