'Ike' (Phone) 21-Sep-20
'Ike' (Phone) 21-Sep-20
milnrick 21-Sep-20
Pyrannah 21-Sep-20
'Ike' (Phone) 21-Sep-20
milnrick 21-Sep-20
GF 22-Sep-20
10-Sep-20
When traveling cross country and you have your truck loaded with gear do you unload everything at a hotel, leave it unsecured and take the risk or do you have some sort of alarm/protection mechanism? I am in a hotel related business and we have had a lot of vehicular break-ins this summer.

I ran across this product - basically a motion detector that sits on the bungee net. It seems like a decent concept. https://arachnet.net/product/arachnet-web-alarm/#:~:text=The%20concept%20of%20the%20ArachNet,any%20attempted%20crime%20in%20progress.

10-Sep-20
Hotel? Nothing of value is staying in the truck. Out in the woods? I take my chances.

10-Sep-20
The places I hunt from a hotel my stuff in the back comes in with me. The stuff in the cab I leave and lock the truck. Never any issues. Shawn

10-Sep-20
Everything in the bed is locked under the tonneau cover, and I clean out the cab, and pack it all in the room, so nothing is visible that could indicate I'm on a hunt.

Just another truck...with video surveillance stickers on it, and an NRA sticker ;^)

10-Sep-20
Do you unpack ice chests from the truck too? The reason I ask is try to buy a big cooler in Cheyenne Wyoming during elk season. Either you won't find one or it is outrageously priced. No offense to Cheyenne. We've worried as much about coolers as clothing so we pack some coolers with gear.

10-Sep-20

Brotsky's Link
Get one of these bad boys. I will have one before next fall. Awesome covers.

10-Sep-20
Bows, guns, binocs, etc goes in the motel room. Coolers stay in the locked cab. And I try to park in a highly visible lighted area.

10-Sep-20
Move everything into the hotel. No chances taken. If I’m parking the truck at a trailhead I will make sure I don’t leave anything valuable inside and coolers etc get locked into the truck

10-Sep-20
Diamondback cover. No concerns. It’s more secure than a house or hotel. You’d have an easier time coming through the bottom of the truck box than through the cover

10-Sep-20
Who sleeps in a hotel?? Sleep Right in the truck....or keep on driving.

10-Sep-20

caribou77's embedded Photo
I recently picked up a new F-150. Came with the best topper for truck hunting and leaving your gear alone. Not everyone feels it’s so great but I love it.

13-Sep-20
Caribou, what brand is that topper? Looking to dump my Leer...

13-Sep-20
Nowadays whenever I/we travel, I take my computer bag (which also has important stuff in it) and guns in the motel and sleep with them. Anything else stays locked in the truck. I try to get motels with parking right in front of the room door. We always call ahead while on the road to reserve a room. Because I/we travel long legs, we don't book a room until the late afternoon when we estimate how far we will drive that day/night.

13-Sep-20
We always ask for a ground level room. Back my truck in by the door. Have also backed my truck (with bed cover) into the parking lot shrubbery. Either way helps me sleep better!

14-Sep-20
Ive heard too many horror stories. I stay in my truck or try to find someone along my routes to put me up, usually just sleep in the trk..and i usually have a dog as well...

14-Sep-20
Unicover industrial

14-Sep-20
Are hunters stealing from hunters? Another locals vs NR conflict? All these years and trips I was oblivious to this happening. Such a sheltered life . So naive .

14-Sep-20
Diamond Back truck covers. Look them up. Lockable and you can load on top unlike cloth covers.

14-Sep-20
If your staying anywhere’s near Albuquerque NM unload the truck ! They don’t Breakin to the truck they take the truck and trailer if your hooked to one !!!

14-Sep-20
I don’t stop unless it’s NM or AZ and a 30 hour drive, and then only stop for a cpl hours.

14-Sep-20
I third the diamondback cover, Had mine 3 years and love it.

15-Sep-20
If your staying anywhere’s near Albuquerque NM unload the truck ! They don’t Breakin to the truck they take the truck and trailer if your hooked to one !!!

15-Sep-20
Jd, did they leave your beer behind?

20-Sep-20
Lost My, specialized crossrail parked under the awning of the hotel in Albuquerque close to I-25 & I-40 IN 2018. Stopped by last year and ask when was the last break in and it was the night before. Do the Wally dock now. . And they leave the lights on for ya!

20-Sep-20

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Another for DiamondBack....

21-Sep-20
I park in the hotel managers spot, if occupied I’ll use “ employee of the month” spot

21-Sep-20
Dang I didn’t want a new cover until I started seeing the diamondback stuff

Looks great!!!

21-Sep-20

The new 'smooth' version of the Diamondback...Just put it on this weekend!

21-Sep-20

Super nice, easy to install and remove...

21-Sep-20
Question for the Diamondback owners.

How well does it keep cargo dry? I ask because I'd been looking at a single piece cover after having leakage issues with an older trifold.

21-Sep-20
Looks great

I like how you can stack in top

21-Sep-20
Never a problem with leaking...Also there’s channels along the hinge area so that when you do open it the water drains off the edges and not into the bed...You can see the gasket along the edges...

21-Sep-20
Thank you

22-Sep-20
And here I was always happy with a topper...

Lots easier to carry canoes & kayaks with a set of Yakima towers

• Sitka Gear