Cornpone 16-Sep-20
Shuteye 22-Sep-20
Cornpone 22-Sep-20
Will 22-Sep-20
Ridge815 22-Sep-20
Tonybear61 23-Sep-20
Ridge815 23-Sep-20
12-Sep-20
Looking for a new lineman belt. I like the rope style best but ive read the muddy lineman rope was too short for most trees. Any suggestions?

12-Sep-20
I run a Tethrd rope and for the trees I climb it’s plenty big. I also run a Ropeman 1 Ascender with it which makes one handed adjustments very easy.

Not sure how big the trees are your climbing but the one I am in tonight is about 16” OD and still had 2 1/2’ of rope to spare.

12-Sep-20
Not huge but sometimes I get into some big walnuts on some creek bottoms. That setup looks legit

13-Sep-20
I run a Tethrd rope and for the trees I climb it’s plenty big. I also run a Ropeman 1 Ascender with it which makes one handed adjustments very easy.

Not sure how big the trees are your climbing but the one I am in tonight is about 16” OD and still had 2 1/2’ of rope to spare.

13-Sep-20
Make your own.

14-Sep-20
Make your own and buy a ropeman 1. 8-9ft of 9-10 mm Stirling rope can be had for 15 bucks and the ropeman will be 45 bucks but it will last you forever. Shawn

15-Sep-20
I'm a big fan of "make your own". Could some one please post a picture of their lineman belt utilizing the Ropeman 1 Ascender. Thanks.

16-Sep-20
Go to www.saddlehunter.com for any all info on tree climbing safety.

16-Sep-20
I've been using a lineman's belt for quite some time. The use of a Ropeman 1 vs. a prusik knot is well worth the change...so much better/easier.

22-Sep-20
Many Many years ago my uncle worked for the electric company. He gave me a belt and climbing spurs. We successfully hunted deer like that for a few years. Not nearly as comfortable as a built stand or today's ladder stands but worked great for me when I was 16 years old. Going up was a lot easier than coming down.

22-Sep-20
Whatever belt you decide upon consider the ropeman1...can't beat it. Makes the prusik knot obsolete.

22-Sep-20
Michael's comment nailed it. The Ropeman1 is awesome. If the Tethrd rope is not available, I bet you can get the same sized/strength rope at a climbing store (REI has a ton of that stuff for example). Tie a stopper knot in one end and a loop on the other and you are off and climbing.

22-Sep-20
I got the tethrd rope and Ropeman1 and its awesome. Thanks guys for all the help

23-Sep-20
How much did you spend on the Roperman? I have always made my own out of various sizes of rope (5,000-5,800 # rated) with Bowmans knot on both ends, surgeons loops in the middle and adjustable prussic knots. I use two with my leg irons-haven't found many trees I can't climb(as long as I can get the linemans loop assembly around them).

23-Sep-20
The ropeman was around $50 and lineman rope was around $60. The ropeman is hands down a much better option than the prussic knot.

• Sitka Gear