caribou77 13-Sep-20
HiMtnHnter 13-Sep-20
JL 13-Sep-20
Bob H in NH 13-Sep-20
txhunter58 13-Sep-20
t-roy 13-Sep-20
BOHUNTER09 14-Sep-20
12-Sep-20
I would like to have a portable bow press just in case I cut partly thru my string and need to replace during a hunt, adjust the peep, etc. Recommendations?

12-Sep-20
I’ve got a BowMaster portable press that I’ve had for a long time. Taken it with me on a lot of hunts over the years, and fortunately, only had to use it during those hunts twice. It saved the hunts both times. Pretty compact and works very well, IMO. You will most likely, need to get the split limb brackets for it, as well, unless you have an older bow.

13-Sep-20
Bowmaster press here as well. Like Troy, had it for many years...only needed it twice. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

13-Sep-20
Bowmaster all you ever need unless you are running a bow shop

13-Sep-20
Are there really any others than the bowmaster?

13-Sep-20
I have one of those cable ones (not sure of the brand) that I have used several times. I've actually used it more at home than in the field. Works just fine to pull the limbs in.

13-Sep-20
Not that this does you any good....but it might help someone else....you do not need a bow press with APA bows.

13-Sep-20
I have the ratchet lock one. Works great

13-Sep-20
I have a Mathews switchback. Will I need to buy the brackets too?

13-Sep-20
Nope. Mine worked on my Swithback XT just fine.

14-Sep-20
Restrung a guys bow on a caribou hunt saving his hunt. Bowmaster. I need to get the adapter for my current bow

• Sitka Gear