12yards 13-Oct-20
GBTG 13-Oct-20
13-Sep-20
Awesome!

ElkNut

13-Sep-20
Watching this one!

13-Sep-20
ugh, not what i was expecting to read. Tough one. You made the right call!! As said, there will be many more elk seasons for you and the boy. Good luck to your dad.

13-Sep-20
Prayers for your Dad Scoot.

13-Sep-20
Scoot, I didnt cancel a big trip like you have but I skipped things to spend time with my dad toward the end and I dont regret that at all. Probably regret not doing even more with him the last couple years he was still strong. You have taught Ryan more by not going than you ever could have by going. Hope things work out for your dad.

13-Sep-20
Prayers for your Dad and your family in this tough time.

Great life lesson for your son. You and he will have many great hunting experiences in the future. Spend that time with your Dad and your family.

Good luck in the draws next year! May land a great tag to go with your son!

13-Sep-20
More prayers sent for your entire family Scot. I’ve been wondering how your dad has been doing.

13-Sep-20
Hope your dad gets well soon. Forrest

13-Sep-20
Scoot, I want to say how proud I am of the example you have set for Ryan in this and so many other choices he has seen you make! From one father of a teenage son to another: Well done!

My 74 yr old Dad has beaten cancer 3 separate times and 2 heart attacks. Every day is a gift! I will be praying that you and your Dad are given more days and a contentment in the ones you have shared! Pete

13-Sep-20
Praying for your dad. And I’m sure he would really be proud of you teaching Ryan the same level of priorities he taught you. I’m sure if he realized you cancelled your hunt on account of him he would argue, but it’s good you stayed. Hopefully there will be many more hunts in the future.

13-Sep-20
you are a good man mr. scoot and a great father.

13-Sep-20
Praying for you. And YES you did make the right decision. And taught Ryan a life lesson. Greg

13-Sep-20
Good on you Scott. Will pray for your Dad and family. Next season is only 350 some days away, and as we get older,,,, that's only a blink away. God bless.

13-Sep-20
Scoot you undoubtedly made the right decision and like you said have taught Ryan a huge life lesson. Prayers sent your way!

13-Sep-20
I’m looking forward to seeing Ryan’s first elk one year from now.

13-Sep-20
A decision you will not regret. Praying for your dad and peace for your family.

13-Sep-20
Good decision! Prayers for your Dad!

13-Sep-20
Actions speak louder than words. You did right Scott. All of us surely realize the planning, preparation and anticipation that absolutely consumes us for these hunts. Mad respect for you, your father and your son. God Bless !

13-Sep-20
Much respect. A good son and obviously good dads. Prayers for your dad.

14-Sep-20
Prayers for your dad Scoot.

14-Sep-20
Thanks for posting your example of love.

14-Sep-20
Prayers for your dad scoot, being by his side is very important. May God bless your family.

14-Sep-20
God bless your Dad and the whole family.

14-Sep-20
You know my feelings on this brother. Prayers for your dad, and for you and the rest of your family. God bless!

14-Sep-20
Scoot, prayers sent for your dad, you and your family.

14-Sep-20
Prayers for your Dad and family....

14-Sep-20
You're a great dad and human being Scoot. So sorry about your dad. Prayers and hope you and Ryan have a great bow season locally or wherever you are able to hunt.

14-Sep-20
Life throws us a curve ball once in a while pray God will give him peace and comfort, we will keep him and yous in prayer.

14-Sep-20
Your dad taught you well and you are passing that right along to Ryan. Prayers to your family and best of luck the rest of the season.

14-Sep-20
Real sorry to hear all the way around Scott. I will be praying for your dad, you, and the family.

14-Sep-20
Scott, still thinking about you guys & praying for your Dad & whole family. Stay strong, you are a good man. You evidently learned from a good father, God Bless Him.

15-Sep-20
Prayers sent. Well done sir on how you played the hand! I lost my Mom last year (only living parent) and got to hunt only 2 times but it was worth it to spend the time with her. You made the right call. God Bless.

15-Sep-20
Thats tough stuff Scott. Sorry to hear. Never a good time to deal with that. Hang in there. Prayers from MT.

15-Sep-20
Sending positive thoughts to you, Ryan, your dad and family Scott.

17-Sep-20
I am sorry Scott. That is a vey tough call, but the right call in my opinion. There will be many more hunts with Ryan, enjoy the time with your Dad. I'm thinking about all of you guys.

18-Sep-20
Sorry to hear this Scott. Life is short. Relationships are priceless. It goes without saying that you did the right thing. Karma will smile upon you and Ryan. Prayers to your dad and family.

18-Sep-20
Scoot - I’ve posted this before and I’ll do it again. Kudos to you and your parenting. It can be hard to shoehorn bigger trips into active schedules and once prep and planning are done, it can be disappointing to have to cancel them. You are leading by example and instilling priorities and values that will aid your kids in life.

Myself and my family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

19-Sep-20
Your in our thoughts! Please keep us posted when you can. Life is what happens as you make plans for the future. Heard that a long time ago and have realized it often.

19-Sep-20
Your in our thoughts! Please keep us posted when you can. Life is what happens as you make plans for the future. Heard that a long time ago and have realized it often.

19-Sep-20
Scott, I only hope and pray for the best outcome. my best, Paul

19-Sep-20
Prayers sent

20-Sep-20
Sorry to hear Scoot. But that’s making a decision you’ll never regret

21-Sep-20
So sorry to hear this. Hoping for the best for Dad and all involved.

21-Sep-20
Sorry to hear Scoot. But that’s making a decision you’ll never regret

02-Oct-20
Prayers sent for your dad's continued healing and for you and your family.

02-Oct-20
Hope you both get an elk on next years hunt.

02-Oct-20
Prayers for all of you Scoot!

02-Oct-20
Still praying!

02-Oct-20
Prayers you and your family scott! You're dad raised you right!

02-Oct-20
Prayers for your Dad & your family Scott, tough times for sure! Hang in there!

ElkNut

02-Oct-20
First time I'm reading this, Scott. Didn't know the circumstances of your canceled elk hunt with Ryan until now. So sorry to hear and I pray for you, your dad, and the rest of your family. Best wishes, Nick.

02-Oct-20
Great life lessons your boy is learning Scott! Good on you and your family! Prayers from NJ.

02-Oct-20
Prayers for your Dad and your family Scoot. You have the right values and know what's important.

10-Oct-20
I will be praying for you and your family Scott.

10-Oct-20
So sorry to hear this, Scoot. Life is about gifts and about loss. Ryan is a gift and so was your Pops. Cherish what you have and hold onto the memories.

10-Oct-20
Sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

10-Oct-20
Prayers to your family Scoot!!!

10-Oct-20
So sorry for your loss Scoot! And the angels rejoice in Heaven as another comes home to be with our lord. May he Rest In Peace! God bless!

10-Oct-20
Prayers sent Scott, I'm sure he's looking down on all the beautiful fall colors.

10-Oct-20
So sorry for your loss, Scott. Continued prayers for your entire family.

10-Oct-20
Sad to hear, and sorry for your loss! Lost my dad 5.5 years ago and miss him a lot. Praying for your family and you! Greg

10-Oct-20
Sorry for your loss Scott. Prayers for your entire family.

10-Oct-20
Sorry for your loss Scott. Even though your dad would have wanted you to go on that hunt, you didn't because of the values he instilled in you. That's a testament to a great man who obviously left his mark for generations to come. I'm sending up a prayer for your family and that God will receive your dad with open arms.

10-Oct-20
So sorry to hear, Scott. Prayers from Iowa.

10-Oct-20
Sorry to hear this Scott. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

10-Oct-20
I am sorry for your loss. Praying for comfort for you and your family. Pete

10-Oct-20
Sorry for your loss.

11-Oct-20
Condolences to you and your family Scoot. Doing the right thing isn’t always easy. But always worth it.

12-Oct-20
Very sorry for your loss Scott. You and Ryan will continue to make your dad proud in so many ways.

12-Oct-20
So very sorry for your loss.

12-Oct-20
very sorry to see Scott-thoughts are with you and Rod and your families.

12-Oct-20
Sorry for your loss, Scoot.

12-Oct-20
Just read this. Sorry for your loss. A sad story for sure. Happier days ahead!

12-Oct-20

12-Oct-20
Condolences Scott, thoughts and prayers from Manitoba.

12-Oct-20
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers said for you and your family.

12-Oct-20
Sorry to hear about your loss, prayers sent for your family

13-Oct-20
Sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. You did the right thing and made the right decision to delay your elk hunting trip. Family first!

13-Oct-20
Sorry to hear this news. Prayers for all of you.

13-Oct-20
Thoughts & prayers are with you. Take some solace in knowing your father raised you right and you are passing that on to your son.

God Bless, go forth and continue the tradition.

13-Oct-20
Sorry for your loss Scott. Prayers of strength and solace to you and your family from Indiana.

13-Oct-20
My condolences to you and your family Scoot. Prayers for comfort and strength for you folks. Cherish the memories.

13-Oct-20
Condolences to you and all who loved him.

• Sitka Gear