Zim 14-Sep-20
bogey 14-Sep-20
Zim 14-Sep-20
butcherboy 14-Sep-20
MDcrazyman 15-Sep-20
No Mercy 15-Sep-20
bamaelkbugler 16-Sep-20
13-Sep-20
I'm curious on your opinions on the Vortex Fury, Nikon, or Sig 3000 BDX rangefinding binocs? If you have one of those 3, what are your opinions on clarity? Not interested in European optics due to price. Thanks again

13-Sep-20
I have a pair of Leica’s so can’t help with your three choices. If it were me with those three I would choose the Sig.

13-Sep-20
A guide I used one time had the Leicas and for the price,I wasn't impressed. Just looking for someone who has owned one of the 3 I listed.

13-Sep-20
I had the Sig Sauer 3000, sold it in a moment of weakness. Wish I'd have kept it. Clarity wise, I'd put it on par with the Vortex Viper line, if you're familiar with those. Obviously, not "big 3".... but not everyone wants, or actually needs that, nor can a lot of people justify the cost. I've also looked through the Vortex Fury quite a little.... again, probably equal to their Viper line. Both of these are great for what they are, and meant to be.... a really good rangefinding bino, with adequate optics for 90% of hunting situations.

13-Sep-20
Leica

13-Sep-20
Jeezus...

13-Sep-20
I picked up my Leica’s for half price so it was a killer deal. From your three choices I still would pick the Sig. I’m just not a fan of Vortex optics but that’s just me.

14-Sep-20
I bought the Swaro EL Range’s in 2018 and have not been impressed. I recently learned Swarovski downgraded the glass while adding in the range finding function....I had always felt the glass was not living up to the hype and the use of lesser glass i this particular product was recently confirmed on a podcast. I would advise a buyer to explorer other brands for rangefinding binoculars.

14-Sep-20
I have had the lecia(older model) and the Fury. The Fury's work great and nice glass. Always the glass in the RF bino is not as great. Also I MUCH prefer separate rf and bino. If I was guiding I would have a rf bino. If not separate every time

14-Sep-20
Thanks, Bogey. I understand that typically the glass is not as great but Swarovski has tried to tell me they have functionally the same specs (light transmission, etc) as the regular EL lineup and that simply isn't the case. I am of the opinion they are misleading their buyers. I researched this prior to making the purchase and found out afterwards that their marketing materials do not reflect the actual performance of the EL Range Binos.

14-Sep-20
I bought mine for rifle hunting. When I bowhunt I also prefer a separate bino and rf combo.

15-Sep-20
leica geovids. I did the same research as you and came to that. Didn't want to spend the money either but that last ten minutes of light is a game changer, range finder goes under 30 yds as well most others do not

15-Sep-20
I have the Fury 5000. It works perfectly and it is my go to binoc/randgefinder.

16-Sep-20
Recently purchased the SIG 300 BDX, and they are super clear, fast measurement, will continue to indicate readings at various distances w/o activating switch each time. Now they are overkill for archery, got them for long range precision rifle shooting and hunting. Had tried the Leica's and Vortex's in the past, and SIG is by far better, along with Bass Pro/Cabelas just had them on sale

• Sitka Gear