Jagwab 21-Sep-20
TonyL 22-Sep-20
Bob H in NH 22-Sep-20
Buffalo1 22-Sep-20
APauls 23-Sep-20
Jagwab 23-Sep-20
13-Sep-20
For Whisker Biscuit Users.

Is there a real difference in the Whisker Biscuit that has been around for years vs the new style Whisker Biscuit that came out in 2020?

Are the micro-adjustment models really better than the non-adjustable models?

Can the new 2020 model accommodate 4-fletch arrows ?

13-Sep-20
I really like the micro adjustments. Worth it IMO. I’m not sold on the new V style. The round has served me well for over a decade.

15-Sep-20
Hard to believe that only one Bowsiter has any experience with a Whisker Biscuit.

15-Sep-20
Maybe they’re all too happy with what they have to worry about it?

On a Contraption, I can’t imagine NOT having an adjustable rest, and I guess the finer the adjustments the better. I tuned a compound once, and a couple of rest adjustments did the trick perfectly. Would have been a royal PITA if not marked.

15-Sep-20
Micro adjustments are well worth it. Have them on prime and back up bows.

15-Sep-20
Yes worth it. I just bought a v style one to play with. Probably won’t hunt with it this year but I like the concept more than the previous biscuit.

16-Sep-20
Seriously, not sure why one would buy and shoot a biscuit. There are so many better options for a high quality and accurate rest.

16-Sep-20
Not a good rest, my buddy missed a bull elk due to biscuit failure, the arrow had pushed into the whiskers and didn't pop out when he drew his bow. Good for a backup or a child's bow

16-Sep-20
Great rest, just killed a nice bull elk with it. Actually then stayed for an extra day to help my buddy hunt and he shot a nice bull at 80 yards with a whisker biscuit. Great for an adult or serious hunters bow.

16-Sep-20
Anyone who’s used a biscuit knows how tough it is to push an arrow into those bristles. If you did that and miss, you were the failure, not the biscuit. If you had been using a drop away you would have knocked the arrow off or broke your rest and made all kinds of metal on metal noise and the bull would have ran not even giving you a shot. That’s not biscuit failure IMO

16-Sep-20
Never mind the biscuit! Let’s see some pics of the Elk! Congrats!

16-Sep-20
GREAT rest and works flawlessly if you pay attention and have common sense! It takes a lot of pressure to push the shaft into the bristles. Usually happens if you bump or push the arrow. Never had it push into the bristles when drawing the bow - if it does, something is seriously wrong with your bow. It eliminates a lot of the common problems with more complex launching systems.

16-Sep-20
That was your buddy's fault, you need to check everything before you shoot. Arm in way, peep site lined up, nothing in cables, etc. Only takes a second. I have been using W.B. since they came out, never an issue.

16-Sep-20
I have to call BS on carcus's story...lol. No chance a arrow simply "falls" into the biscuit by drawing back.

I switched to a biscuit last year to see for myself if it was an "inferior rest". I was shocked how easily it tuned and was getting perfect bullet holes through paper in minutes. My groups with the same bow and same arrows actually tightened under 40 yards.

When I go into the bush and need a solid dependable rest....it`s a WB.

16-Sep-20

16-Sep-20
I have a WB and love it, and that's from evolving from TM hunter style prongs, to fall aways to WB. I love it and won't go back.

that said, get hte micro adjust. Mine is a basic model, as I got it to "try" figuring I'd be back to my dropaway quickly when I put it on a new bow. It adjusts horizontally, but not vertically. To adjust vertically you have to angle it or use the nock point. Get micro adjust in both directions.

16-Sep-20
I’ve had both over the years. Got a micro adjust 5 years ago and by far the way to go. Great rest, wouldn’t change. I’ve shot for fun to 100yds and can’t imagine that I’m losing any accuracy because of it.

16-Sep-20

17-Sep-20
Switched to them many years ago, and will not change. The micro adjustment really is not needed (I do have one). New bows are all built center shot, so bolt it on and your rest is on vertically. Especially if you you double bolt it with both berger holes. Adjust your knocking point from there. The only limitation I have found is that its very rough on 4-5" vanes. Anything 3" and under though is perfect. The ultimate hunting rest IMO.

17-Sep-20
great rest.......

17-Sep-20
A 650 gr small diameter arrow with high foc falls easily into the whiskers if your not careful

17-Sep-20
Those 5lb brass inserts are hell on a WB...lol

18-Sep-20
If I ram a slick trick through my sight pins while trying to load an arrow is that a spot Hogg failure or a slick trick failure?

18-Sep-20
WB should be used only on kids bows. Not a good idea for a man's bow.

18-Sep-20
sundowner have you tried one? They work great. Nothing better for spot and stalk.

18-Sep-20

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
I must have been pretending to be a man when I took this first shot from a brand new bow using a WB. The pretenders here recommended I try one. Glad I did.

If I wasn't so cheap I would replace the drop aways on all three of my other bows. But, I only shoot less than 25, usually less than 15 and I can say positively they are great for that.

Thanks men for the recommendation!

18-Sep-20
I used one for a few years and then switched to dropaways about 8 years ago. Tried a few different dropaway rest and am going back to the WB. I didn't see any difference in performance or accuracy and for hunting they worked great for me. I defiantly would go with the WB with micro adjustments because it makes broadhead tuning much easier.

18-Sep-20
Without a doubt the most reliable, easy to tune fail safe arrow rest on the market. I had one that I used for 10 years before I changed it out. I shot so many critters with that biscuit, must be I never grew up! Lol

18-Sep-20
EXACTLY M.Pauls!

sundowner- LMBO! That's a good one! ;-)

18-Sep-20
I have no experience with the 2020 version , but I have been using a WB since they came out. I cant imagine using anything else. The only time I have had an arrow fall into the bristles was when trying to use a solid glass arrow while bow fishing. The standard WB is not designed for this but they do make one that is. So user error on my part there. as far as using a 400 to 600 grain arrow, they work great, same as mentioned above, easily tuned and very accurate.

18-Sep-20
I trust what Carcus says, he knows his stuff and wouldn't lie about it. I've used the whisker biscuit and it's never failed. But I will say that I was shooting with Carcus a little while ago and he had the biscuit on. And yes he stopped me before I shot, since the arrow was in the bristles. Use the biscuit if you want, don't if you prefer not. I prefer not, and I've used it in the past lots, especially when I was new to archery and the drop aways weren't as good.

18-Sep-20
So back to the OP’s question...anyone try the new biscuit yet?

19-Sep-20
Purchased mine this year at Scheels. Never had one before so don't know if it is the "new" one. But again, it works great.

19-Sep-20
WB fo life!

20-Sep-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Just replaced the insert in my biscuit. Took 2 min and was simple to do. Guess maybe I should get another one like this in case they stop making them now that the new style is out.

21-Sep-20
I did try the new WB. Would go to it, but I have 3 originals with 2 extra biscuits on hand. Only thing I didn't like was that its bulkier than I think needs be. A 100% cosmetic opinion though. :)

22-Sep-20
my gf’s new bow came with one. it shoots just fine, i don’t know why i would change it

22-Sep-20
based on that video what's "new" about it, can't see it good, but it looks like mine which is a couple years old, other than colors.

I would like it to microadjust in both directions

22-Sep-20
The young man shoots well. Would not want to be an animal standing in front of him for sure !!

23-Sep-20
Almost guaranteed the problem of an arrow falling through the biscuit wasn't a brand name Whisker Biscuit.

Was at the archery shop yesterday and noticed a biscuit on a bow that didn't look the same. It was a Truglo brand biscuit and the whiskers looked whimpy and there was way less of them. I kind of pushed it with my finger and that thing had half if that the support of a brand name whisker biscuit. Pro shop mentioned that after 10 years their patent ran out and now there are a bunch of knock offs out there.

So ya, if you're complaining about a whisker biscuit, first of all make sure it's an actual whisker biscuit, and if you're shopping, make sure you know what you're buying.

23-Sep-20
Apauls.....I agree, seen the new brands this year as well. They also don't have the stiffer bottom section.

• Sitka Gear