Shawn 16-Sep-20
GF 16-Sep-20
Lost Arra 16-Sep-20
Cornpone 16-Sep-20
GF 16-Sep-20
Shawn 17-Sep-20
GF 17-Sep-20
16-Sep-20
So I need another shoulder replaced but have 21 day trip planned to Iowa and Nebraska. I had to turn bow down from 62 to 55#s. I knew my .400 spine arrows would be fine and I knew I would have to sight back in but I thought it may effect my tune. Turned it down, shot through paper. Perfect !! Took it out to 60 yds with broadhead and they grouped perfect with my field points. My buddy(archery shop owner) said it effects very few bows tune and more so one can bows. The difference between 62 and 55 is amazing!! Shawn

16-Sep-20
Seems to me that if you set up for exactly centershot, you should be able to go “much too stiff” and never tell the difference, because the arrow doesn’t have anything to flex “around” as it does on a stickbow....

Probably would not work out as well if you were tuned at the lighter weight and a 500/600 shaft, then cranked it way up.....

16-Sep-20
Will your second shoulder replacement be bow or string arm?

16-Sep-20
Coincidentally I recently made some changes to my setup. Bow was at 59#...turned it down to 55#. Arrow was at 28"...shortened to 26.5". BH/FP was 125 gr...changed to 100 gr. Figured I'd have to change my sights. However, after shooting at 20 yards then 60 yards my HHA tape remained the same! Surprised me. The only thing I had to change was a left/right sight adjustment.

16-Sep-20
Holy crap! That must’ve made a hell of a difference in your dynamic spine rating…

I’m trying to convert that into a stickbow draw weight differential, but I think I’d have to run it through the calculator...

So probably should not be surprising at all that you’d have a left-right issue at that rate, especially if your rest were just a hair off center to begin with...

17-Sep-20
My arrows are 26.5"s and I shoot 190 grains up front. No issue with spine at all. I had my bow arm shoulder replaced last year, this March having my draw shoulder done. I am sure within 3 months or so after my surgery I will be back to shooting 60 plus pounds. I can now but it's not worth the pain. I can now shoot 20 arrows or so with out too much pain. 495 grain arrow out of 55#s with a 27.5"draw makes for a quiet shot but at 40yards it lobs them in there. Shawn

17-Sep-20
Lot flatter than your stickbows, I’d reckon.... ;)

• Sitka Gear