Old Reb 27-Sep-20
midwest 28-Sep-20
WoodMoose 28-Sep-20
JL 28-Sep-20
Cornpone 28-Sep-20
NoWiser 28-Sep-20
olebuck 28-Sep-20
20-Sep-20
I have quite a bit of pronghorn meat to grind into burger. Does anyone have a recommendation on what a good mix ratio of pronghorn meat to pork or other fatty meat would be? I want the burger to pack together well and to remain moist when cooked. Thanks in advance.

20-Sep-20
I always do a third pork to two third game

20-Sep-20
I grind with no additional meat or fat; the burgers hold together fine when cooked with olive or avocado oil on well seasoned cast iron.

20-Sep-20
I grind burger with no fat. They hold Together fine.

21-Sep-20
Nothing like a bacon and cheddar antelope berger

21-Sep-20
If you want it to hold it together use breadcrumbs and an egg when making them.

21-Sep-20
I'm with Seth I spend too much time and money getting my quality wild game to taint it with anything else ! I do agree that bacon and cheddar to garnish is acceptable lol This reminds me that I only have 3 pronghorn roasts left and no way of replenishing this year :(

21-Sep-20
Olive oil...DONT OVER COOK!!!!

21-Sep-20
“Bergers” are buttons on bows and name brand bullets for guns.

“Burgers” are food.

There is a difference.

27-Sep-20
Thanks everyone for your suggestions on different ways to make ground pronghorn meat. I am going to try each suggestion and find which I like best. I'm sure there will be more than one. Buffalo1 thanks for spell checking my post title and for the definition of each word. I hope you give me credit for spelling burger correctly in the post. :>) Lol.

28-Sep-20
I grind mine straight but when I do a beef brisket, I keep some of the fat I trim off the brisket and grind it up. Then I vacuum bag and freeze this ground fat in 5 or 6 oz. packages. Occasionally, I'll mix this fat with 2 lbs. of ground venison of any kind for some really special burgers on the grill. Super juicy and delish!

28-Sep-20
I'm in the grind wild alone camp,,,I like tasting meat as it's supposed to be but then I also only make "sausage" from pig (feral or otherwise) cause to me,,most sausage is pig,,

now summer sausage is different,,, that's wild game and a bit of beef fat from trimmings as midwest mentioned,,,,

28-Sep-20
Hickory smoked bacon from the Wallymartin. Been doing that for a long time. I like the smell as it cooks and it adds just enough grease to help keep the burger from burning....plus the taste is great.

28-Sep-20
Probably as many suggestions as "What's the best bow?" I've never ground pronghorn but many deer...should be the same I imagine. I grind venison 9 parts meat, 1 part beef suet.

28-Sep-20
20% pork fat. Can't go wrong. I don't love the burgers made with bacon ends.

28-Sep-20
i mix fat about 30%.... but im not a health nut. i used to get ribeye trimmings from a local butcher but they closed due to covid - it made the best game burgers.

• Sitka Gear